DCT problems.

outrunner

Integrator

Update on my post from sept.. 

Picture, last week, Just paying my NC a visit at the Honda workshop, she’s been there since mid September!! :cry:
Ove is just maxing the machine out at the final test run sequences, while the machine is plugged on to the testcenter..

all numbers is now within the specs..  :niceone: but just barely.. <_<

the shifterdrum and the mechanics around it is worn, but - for now I can drive at least for some time and choose to change the drum arrangement later.. or just sell the sweet thing..:cry:

this week I’ve been riding 550 miles and it’s running fine..

Just a bit more mechanical noise from the gears in D mode..

if I change by hand, a bit earlier in D mode (up or down) the noise is gone..?? Dunno why? Hmm..

Next 14 days the forecast promises dry and 5-9 C*, perfect driving conditions

and I’m homesent from job due to covid restrictions, - so a couple of long trips cross the country is about time, just to get my own specs back in Condition :D

2A8F8529-67E5-4475-933E-D9F3B0AECFE5.jpeg

Edited by Integrator
  • Like 5
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• outrunner

• Andy m

• roddy

• Dunnster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have fixed the bike, at least I hope it's fixed. After much research trawling the internet, sifting out the shit rubbish that is talked on various forums I came to the conclusion that it was

Correct! ...   As I found out at the Kirriemuir petrol station a couple of weeks ago. Topped up bike. Turned on ignition. Tried to put bike in gear. Nothing. Turned off ignition.

Just a wee something to add to the story, Bob my electrical guru took the motor apart and saw that one of the brushes had come adrift from the spring that keeps it in contact with the commutator. He r

Posted Images

My  DCT has started to play up, but not in a continuous way . It started the other day when I noticed the gear changing stuck then it stuck in 2nd gear switched it off. Switching it on did nothing as it would not start nor shift to neutral.

switched it back on to hear a clicking noise from the right hand side of the engine but it stopped after about 6 clicks. Put the bike on the centre stand, switching it on and spinning the rear wheel it went into neutral and fired up no problem everything seemed to be working properly

After about 3 hours  of riding or so it did it again before it stuck in gear again at about the same mileage. After a repeat of the procedure

I have taken it to my local dealer who put it on a diagnostic machine and cleared a number of faults and set it back to its factory settings. After about 20 miles on my food deliveries it is stuck in again.

My local dealer is a bit stumped at the moment. I will mention the shift motor to them. Is the bike okay now Andy?

outrunner
49 minutes ago, roddy said:

My local dealer is a bit stumped at the moment. I will mention the shift motor to them. Is the bike okay now Andy?

My bike is fine now, I have done 6000 miles since the fix and had no hint of problems. Perhaps worth removing the shift motor ( 6 bolts and a plug )and taking it apart to see if there is a brush problem as that is what cause my faults.

Andy.

Thanks, I will mention this to them later on when I pop down.

Shift motor all been stripped cleaned and checked, so a tentative ride into work this morning fingers crossed and once again thanks for the tip.

MikeBike
1 hour ago, roddy said:

Shift motor all been stripped cleaned and checked, so a tentative ride into work this morning fingers crossed and once again thanks for the tip.

Did they try the hand held torque test referred to by Lyn?

Mike, I didn't ask I forgot about it. I will double check. I do a lot of stop start riding over short distances (food deliveries) so will test it again tonight    

Integrator
11 hours ago, roddy said:

Nice try 👍really hope it’s doing the trick for you. ;) !

in my case, not so much..

it doesn’t seem to be the issue with the shift motor, the problem just changed when the motor was changed..

Wondering about the problem my mechanic made a rig afterwards, containing the old shift motor a forward/reverse switch and all the amp it needs. after shifting fwd-Rev. Several times, in a steady pace, the motor temp increased, and then it was slowly demanding more and more amps, and then the temp increased dramatically ..

He suggested the engine controlunit cuts the shift motor of when demanding to much amps, protecting the system and is leaving it in one gear clutch still engaged, or between gears..

I have numerous vids for my mechanic to see, - when it’s happening, - what is happening and how to ‘ resurrect the commode’ :lol:

(My experience, it’s enough just to roll the bike back an foot or two after turning the key, while it’s trying clicking down through gears to N )

and yes - it’s kind of semi-okay now.. working fine in the daily commute..

But..

Getting ecstatic how wells it was working I fell in the pot!! - and entered a track day, - again - slamming much bigger bikes in whiplash corners with ease.. and sure enough on the way home from a fantastic day with the best bike in the world.!! It started to cough up furballs again, but after an hour on the M-way in 6’ gear, the gear motor apparently was cooled down to normal again..

I don’t know if that actually was the case??

hope you find the fault, - maybe it the same, maybe it’s another issue?

😆👍

I was out on the bike yesterday after a 20 mile commute and 5 hours of stop start and the bike had no trouble. So hopefully this has been put to bed now. The shift motor looked like the issue. But the seed of doubt have been sown

• Like 2

Been offered £2,500 part exchange for my bike for a manual black and red S 2018 ,2,500 miles on the clock. Could get it for £100 per month over 3 years. Not sure what to do. As  my bike is paid for didn't really want to go down the never never route again.

Top of the morning to you Trev.

• Like 1
Trev
1 hour ago, roddy said:

Been offered £2,500 part exchange for my bike for a manual black and red S 2018 ,2,500 miles on the clock. Could get it for £100 per month over 3 years. Not sure what to do. As  my bike is paid for didn't really want to go down the never never route again.

Top of the morning to you Trev.

Morning Gareth, sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the NC, hopefully sorted now and stays sorted