Matatpub

Motorbike winter tyres

alhendo1
3 hours ago, Andy m said:

Very 1973 in terms of wet grip

On a par with the Dunlop Skidmasters fitted to the 500x?

• Haha 1

Andy m

Probably. I try not to use the CL in the wet, its silly buying a California import then going to Manchester. I would also tend to forgive it more as you know it's ancient technology. 

Andy

• Like 1

Trev
8 hours ago, slowboy said:

K57s are very different to K60s. Definitely not just 3 different😂 They are an enduro tyre. Bet they’re better off road though.

Really, they don't look very 'enduroy', certainly not something that I would have fitted to the KDX or RMX, maybe they're enduro tyres for Enfields :D

slowboy
1 hour ago, Trev said:

Really, they don't look very 'enduroy', certainly not something that I would have fitted to the KDX or RMX, maybe they're enduro tyres for Enfields :D

No, they don’t, but that’s how they are sold. Maybe that’s it, they are a retro enduro tyre😂

• Haha 1

Integrator

I’ve just changed to Heidenaus k73 M&S silica again for the 4. Winter Season in a row, - they sticks like Velcro to even a cold and wet road.. fits the NC’s perfectly.. :brr:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Matatpub

I needed new tyres and look at the bids and reviews on line and thought why not at the moment we have a heat wave in the UK but the tyres are great in any weather but there also work very well when the roads get colder so at the moment I am happy with them and if we ever get snow I have got cable tie snow things mean for cars but they flexible so will Go around front and back tyres 

Andy m

These are K67's

20200920-170330.jpg

won't be reporting any further on the performance for a week or 12

20200920-170350.jpg

Andy

Matatpub

Here is a link to the tyres https://www.trustedtyres.co.uk/blog-1

Click on the pic and some more pics will load up 

Trev
1 hour ago, Andy m said:

These are K67's

20200920-170330.jpg

won't be reporting any further on the performance for a week or 12

Yup my mistake, the tyres I have on my Enfield are K67's NOT K57's as I said (and Brian diligently researched for me :thumbsup:), I can't read in the gloom of the garage without glasses on when I can't be bothered to bend down close enough :D I believe Heidenhau classify them as ' the trail tyre for the discerning gentleman who wishes to gad about in the countryside on his powered two wheeler and occasionally find a place across a (dry) field for his tartan blanket and wicker picnic basket but isn't too concerned about chasing other gentleman who are clad in leather suits, riding powered two wheelers fetooned with plastic in bright colours, around corners' ....... or something like that

They're okay but definitely not as good as road tyres on the road, err :frantics:. Nothing disasterous but, as I have a few bikes, I certainly notice the difference when I hop off something with 'proper' tyres on, a bit squirmy, harder to tell what they're doing and noisier. After a few miles I don't really notice anymore but certainly wouldn't want to be chasing myself on the same bike on road tyres - if that makes any sense :cry::D:D

• Haha 3

slowboy
59 minutes ago, Trev said:

Yup my mistake, the tyres I have on my Enfield are K67's NOT K57's as I said (and Brian diligently researched for me :thumbsup:), I can't read in the gloom of the garage without glasses on when I can't be bothered to bend down close enough :D I believe Heidenhau classify them as ' the trail tyre for the discerning gentleman who wishes to gad about in the countryside on his powered two wheeler and occasionally find a place across a (dry) field for his tartan blanket and wicker picnic basket but isn't too concerned about chasing other gentleman who are clad in leather suits, riding powered two wheelers fetooned with plastic in bright colours, around corners' ....... or something like that

very erudite sir😁 but I sense beard oil and braces.....😂😂😂😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

stordz
On 16/09/2020 at 20:15, Matatpub said:

Just thought I would share with you if anyone rides there bike though the winter I have just fitted some winter tyres to my Africa twin https://www.anlas-tyres.co.uk/winter-grip-plus-tested-by-motorrad/

Noooooo..... Summer cannot be over yet... :blink:

jeremyr62

Coming to this late but the option of proper winter tyres for a bike is a good thing IMO. I like riding through winter and having  ridden through Germany in January on an FJR and really wishing I had had winter tyres then, I will be getting these Anlas tyres for my S asap. 

Edited by jeremyr62