Tex

Ryan F9 on the KTM 390 Adventure.

Tex

A little twist at the end..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dunnster

Haha yes, perfect final thought...:yes: Watched this yesterday, was waiting for @slowboy to upload this, you've beat him to it Tex.

Edited by Dunnster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ciaran1602

Another cracking video. I have to give KTM some credit for handing the keys and clearly saying "it's cool, be as honest as you like" - Only a little bit mind ;)

wjvh

Clever video, as ever, not sure I agree with the conclusion because for the extra ££ vs. the duke version you get some decent kit (suspension, crash bars, a few other bits) and a different (for some I am sure better) style. I think the uk list prices are £5.5k vs £4.7k.

• Like 1

Griff

Had a quick scan to see if He did a test on the Himalayan but can't see one 

outrunner
6 hours ago, Griff said:

Had a quick scan to see if He did a test on the Himalayan but can't see one 

I am sure I remember him testing one a while ago.

Andy.

Tex
13 hours ago, wjvh said:

Clever video, as ever, not sure I agree with the conclusion because for the extra ££ vs. the duke version you get some decent kit (suspension, crash bars, a few other bits) and a different (for some I am sure better) style. I think the uk list prices are £5.5k vs £4.7k.

I agree, actually. I would spring the extra for the Adventure model because as a ‘larger gentleman’ (aka fat bast*ard) it will probably fit me better than the Duke. But it’s an entertaining, cleverly written and well produced video. 

sams700

Given the level of kit on that bike it's not bad for £5.5k especially if KTM do their usual 30% discount deal. 

The question in my mind is at £5.5k is it this or the cb500 adv (sorry no idea what the suffix is on that model) 

Rocker66
35 minutes ago, sams700 said:

Given the level of kit on that bike it's not bad for £5.5k especially if KTM do their usual 30% discount deal. 

The question in my mind is at £5.5k is it this or the cb500 adv (sorry no idea what the suffix is on that model) 

I assume you mean the CB500X.

• Like 1

Andy m

It's over priced for us sensible riders, but the kiddies will like KTM style and dropping 3HP and 100cc may make insurance easier. 

I can't say I agree with his conclusion. It's not like him to say he doesn't care about the alloys (totally agree on that) , then claim it's rubbish because it'll never win the Dakar. Failed humour? I think it will go anywhere you might get chance to. My only worry would be how, easy it is to sort if you break it. 

The main purpose of course is to satisfy the Asian markets where the competition is the CB400X. They don't sell the 500 because anything over 400cc is basically made impossible to live with, license retest ls every 2 years that sort of thing. I you are designing to that mariet, the fact a 6 foot 4 Canadian has to squat to weight the pegs is hardly an issue. 

Andy

• Like 1

Trev

I popped into Moto Corsa on Tuesday (to look at Guzzis and Enfields :D) and they also do KTM and had the 'fleet' lined up outside. Was a bit chilly and some damp on the roads so no one else there so was easy to look around, I sort of quite like the idea of the 390 (I'm still a kiddie at heart Andy :thumbsup:), enough oomph, go anywhere'ish and cheap enough not to bother cleaning it. Can't get past the looks, it's s bit small (physically) for me and tales of KTM reliability + I'VE ALREADY GOT TOO MANY DAMN BIKES :frantics:

One for the 'possibly in the future once the early adopters have put low miles, pre scuffed ones on the market' list 

sams700
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

I assume you mean the CB500X.

Yes, thanks

• Like 1