Steveb2418

750 Forza details released ( not price though)

Thosoneill

According to Doble motorcycles the price is £9999.00

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Marvincon
6 minutes ago, Thosoneill said:

Did they know when it will come into the UK?

embattle

Honda's own website shows that price.

Ciaran1602

I know it's chalk and cheese but that's more expensive than a Tracer 900 :ermm: Too rich for my blood, I think.

• Like 1

Andy m
On 16/10/2020 at 08:18, Tex said:

Yes! I like that final drive system on the big BMW scooters very much. It’s the bike it comes with it that worries me.. ;) 

When I had the Integra I thought about chopping it in for a 650 Sport BMW, I looked on the owner’s forum and found nothing but complaints and grumbles. The kicker was when one of those moaning said “If we had any sense we’d sell up and buy Honda Integras” :dielaugh:

Well that saved wear on my keyboard 😁😁😁

4 hours ago, Thosoneill said:

🤔  Well that should compliment my R18, Harley Ultrafatboyglide and Guzzi V85 nicely 🤣😁🤣🤣😁😉

I assume it has twin discs, tubed tyres and can be fitted with a Scot-Oiler? 

Andy

fred_jb
21 hours ago, Thosoneill said:

I quite like the look of it, and spec-wise it seems a cross between the Integra and the X-ADV, so an improvement on the former - but £10K for a scooter!   Admittedly a super-scoot, but I only paid £4k more than that for my R1250RS, and I imagine the suspension alone on the RS is pretty much worth the difference, before you even consider the engine and other equipment!

• Like 2

Thosoneill
8 hours ago, fred_jb said:

I quite like the look of it, and spec-wise it seems a cross between the Integra and the X-ADV, so an improvement on the former - but £10K for a scooter!   Admittedly a super-scoot, but I only paid £4k more than that for my R1250RS, and I imagine the suspension alone on the RS is pretty much worth the difference, before you even consider the engine and other equipment!

I can understand where you are coming from however most of these superscoots will be purchased under a PCP scheme - still doesn’t detract from the fact that the price is £9999.00  - an nc750x in dct form is nearly eight grand and that is not as nearly well specified as the new 750 forza 

• Like 1

Tel
21 minutes ago, Thosoneill said:

I can understand where you are coming from however most of these superscoots will be purchased under a PCP scheme - still doesn’t detract from the fact that the price is £9999.00  - an nc750x in dct form is nearly eight grand and that is not as nearly well specified as the new 750 forza 

....and it's still cheaper than a T-Max and it's ilk.

The main drawback with the Integra [and I assume this new one] is the lack of underseat storage when compared to the T-Max etc. BUT, it does have proper wheel sizes and tyre choice!

• Like 1

wjvh
On 18/10/2020 at 17:18, Ciaran1602 said:

I know it's chalk and cheese but that's more expensive than a Tracer 900 :ermm: Too rich for my blood, I think.

That was exactly what i thought when I read it would be more than £9k, first thought was ... you can get a tracer 900 For that kind of money ... and the tracer will be lighter!

the forza750 looks great, very modern etc but that is crazy money; new 750s (manual) can be had for less than £6k.

Ciaran1602
46 minutes ago, wjvh said:

That was exactly what i thought when I read it would be more than £9k, first thought was ... you can get a tracer 900 For that kind of money ... and the tracer will be lighter!

the forza750 looks great, very modern etc but that is crazy money; new 750s (manual) can be had for less than £6k.

Exactly. Even if you think of the new Forza 750 as a sort of 'full touring' NC750 given all the extra equipment it has over the standard bikes it still feels quite rich.

baben

Pick up a nice second hand one in about a year - low mileage, dirt cheap.:devil:

• Like 3

Ciaran1602

Just for comparison sake this is a V-Strom 1000 kinda money, a Tiger 900 or a F900 XR with some spare change...

Yup. I think the ex demo bargain is the way to go.

• Like 1

Scootabout

I don't know what the market's like these days, but it's possible there is a class of rider who have auto-only licenses, have moved up through the capacities, have a few bob, and want the latest and greatest. Maybe Honda are competing for that market with BMW (C650) and Yamaha (TMax). 

Marvincon
47 minutes ago, Scootabout said:

but it's possible there is a class of rider who have auto-only licenses, have moved up through the capacities, have a few bob, and want the latest and greatest

yes it's possible :D

Scootabout
23 hours ago, Marvincon said:

yes it's possible :D

A Silverwing owner speaks! 

DMB
On 20/10/2020 at 18:09, Ciaran1602 said:

Just for comparison sake this is a V-Strom 1000 kinda money, a Tiger 900 or a F900 XR with some spare change...

Perhaps.  But it will still be over-priced.  If you went for an ex-demo V-Strom 1000, Tiger 900 or F900 XR you'd have even more spare change.

embattle

Also worth remembering the T-max still costs more.

• Like 1

Tex
On 20/10/2020 at 17:09, Ciaran1602 said:

I don’t think it’s entirely about money though?  Is the potential buyer of a Forza 750 also going to consider a V-Strom/Tiger/F900? They might be similar money but they’re very different animals.

I could easily be tempted by a big scooter (small tourer) but not by an adventure styled roadster. And I would try and find the extra money for the T-Max which is a proper scooter, not an NC in drag. 

• Thanks 1

Scootabout

About 11 years ago I wanted to buy a big tourer. I 'knew' a guy from another forum who had an FJR1300. He kindly offered me a test ride. Having not ridden a manual bike since my test 9 years before that, I hired a 125 for a day to brush up on the gear thing, then went to see him. We rode from Maidstone down to Rye, me on his FJR and he on my TMax. The upshot was I bought a Pan rather than the TMax, and he became a bit of a maxi-scoot convert. I think he's owned one ever since (together with a manual bike), most recently either a Burgman 650 or an X Adv. 

The moral of the story is....dunno really. Make of it what you will :D

• Haha 4

Ciaran1602
12 hours ago, Tex said:

I don’t think it’s entirely about money though?  Is the potential buyer of a Forza 750 also going to consider a V-Strom/Tiger/F900? They might be similar money but they’re very different animals.

I could easily be tempted by a big scooter (small tourer) but not by an adventure styled roadster. And I would try and find the extra money for the T-Max which is a proper scooter, not an NC in drag. 

Quite right - they are. However, anecdotally at least, I would suggest the super-scoot market in the UK is a mere drop in the ocean. Most riders of such bikes are exactly as you would be - an ex biker. And I would have thought an ex-biker would at least be tempted by a much more powerful, nominally better handling (not to mention more familiar) big adventure bike. I know I would be.

I guess however if you consider the Forza to be more of a "mid size tourer" it's a bargain - since no one else bloody makes them anymore.

Personally the sweet spot for the scooter market seems to be the 300-500 market. Whereby they can usefully undercut the majority of A2 type bikes but the CVT transmission does a good job of glossing over the performance deficit - and the scooter is vastly more practical.

• Like 6

Trev

I've tried to show an interest in scooters but, so far, they leave me cold - apart from the truly excellent, if slightly underpowered and under equipped, Yamaha V range - the 1970's 2 stroke ones :D

I'm a bit younger, and I guess slightly more mobile, than some on here who are owners/considerers so that may be a reason, also I've never been someone who has hankered after 'storage' on a bike. I'll keep dipping into these threads to try and keep/get an open mind but I foresee a 500 efi Enfield in my dim distant biking future and think I'll be firmly in the Rocker scooter camp for the foreseeable :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tex

36 minutes ago, Trev said:

and think I'll be firmly in the Rocker scooter camp for the foreseeable :thumbsup:

Me? I’m a Mod in the making. Where can I get a parka and a fox’s tail? ;) 

• Haha 2

Trev
3 minutes ago, Tex said:

Me? I’m a Mod in the making. Where can I get a parka and a fox’s tail? ;) 

Plenty of squashed wildlife on the roads around here, not many foxes but I can probably bag you up a squirrel tail or three that you an stitch together, I'll keep my eyes open :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Tex

6 hours ago, Ciaran1602 said:

I guess however if you consider the Forza to be more of a "mid size tourer" it's a bargain - since no one else bloody makes them anymore.

That’s exactly how I do see it, honestly. I wanted a scooter and bought the Integra and was left disappointed. But where it really excelled was a spot of touring/weekend away riding. It was bloody good at that, as I discovered when I attended Brian’s top box throwing challenge (as the target, sadly :( ) down in Devon. My son borrowed it (without much enthusiasm) for a ride up to the midlands and came back enthusing over it’s abilities. “Bloody brilliant, that!”. What it lacks in user convenience it makes up for in high speed (relatively) stability and weather protection. Talking of weather protection, the first ride on the Bonnie in heavy rain was an absolute eye opener. I missed the Integra that day, I’ll tell you! 🙄

6 hours ago, Ciaran1602 said:

Personally the sweet spot for the scooter market seems to be the 300-500 market. Whereby they can usefully undercut the majority of A2 type bikes but the CVT transmission does a good job of glossing over the performance deficit - and the scooter is vastly more practical.

Exactly. I think I will end up with a 300(ish) scoot. But if I wanted something to tour on the new 750 would be awesome.