Steveb2418

750 Forza details released ( not price though)

Steveb2418

Visor down have published details and pics of the 750 . Our beloved NC engine with advanced DCT  and ride by wires but chain drive will disappoint  a few . It bears  a striking resemblance to the integra  , but  to my mind a great looking  machine 

KingJames

fred_jb
14 hours ago, KingJames said:

This is the article - https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/official-honda-forza-750-all-specs-features-and-details

I don't understand the BHP comment in it, is it 54 or 57.7?  

There seems to be a significant change if what they have written is true, and that is that the engine now has throttle by wire.   The reason I think this is significant is because it would allow for auto-blipping on downshifts, the lack of which I felt was a weakness when I owned an NC, as the bike being unable to match revs to a new ratio made downshifts a bit lurchy at times.  Hopefully that feature will be coming to the NC too.

Edited by fred_jb

Blackmoon181

agreed, i'd imagine cruise control will be on the horizon perhaps in then next update ala africa twin?. chain drive doesn't turn me off. keen to see what electronic mapping they can do with the engine and gearbox as its completely digital inputs now. a 50L top box option aswell. now thats an impressive volume! 

Tex
20 hours ago, KingJames said:

This is the article - https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/official-honda-forza-750-all-specs-features-and-details

I don't understand the BHP comment in it, is it 54 or 57.7?  

Or even 59 bhp according to this..

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/october/honda-forza-750-leads-2021-scooter-range

The keyless top case was over £800 on the Forza 300! 

Overall I like the new bike. Better suspension, brakes, storage, dash, styling.. it’s tough not to see it as an improvement. :) 

• Like 1

cartejo5

£800 for a top box!! The world gone mad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ciaran1602

Looks fantastic though the price is a bit sour. On the one hand if you consider it a thoroughly capable middleweight touring bike, of which there are very very few, it's priced extremely nicely with lots of nice features.

Similarly its priced fairly similarly to maxi-scooters like a T-Max. However part of me just...begrudges that sort of money? Have I become a miser?

• Like 3

lipsee
On 10/14/2020 at 10:33, Steveb2418 said:

Visor down have published details and pics of the 750 . Our beloved NC engine with advanced DCT  and ride by wires but chain drive will disappoint  a few . It bears  a striking resemblance to the integra  , but  to my mind a great looking  machine 

I do,nt see why chain drive will disappoint!!!  Chain drive if enclosed is as good as shaft or belt drive  and it can last longeer.

SteveThackery
1 hour ago, lipsee said:

I do,nt see why chain drive will disappoint!!!  Chain drive if enclosed is as good as shaft or belt drive  and it can last longeer.

Of course, but it isn't enclosed on this 750 Forza.

• Thanks 1

kayz1

Just a modded X-ADV as i said before.More plastic at the front..

• Like 4

SteveM

With regards to the BHP would we really notice a big difference in between 54 and 57? I know I did from the Aprilia Mana to the NC700X. It does look nice though.

slowboy
1 hour ago, SteveThackery said:

There’s a few Bob to be made from someone with a 3d printer on that 😉😁

• Like 2

Tex
2 hours ago, kayz1 said:

Just a modded X-ADV as i said before.More plastic at the front..

Yes. A ‘best of both worlds’ bike, I imagine. The X-Adv rode much better than the Integra (although it was difficult to put your finger on exactly why) so, hopefully, this one will be the same but with added weather protection. 

1 hour ago, slowboy said:

There’s a few Bob to be made from someone with a 3d printer on that 😉😁

I should have thought so, yes. But who knows? Maybe most buyers genuinely don’t care? 

poldark
13 hours ago, fred_jb said:

There seems to be a significant change if what they have written is true, and that is that the engine now has throttle by wire.   The reason I think this is significant is because it would allow for auto-blipping on downshifts, the lack of which I felt was a weakness when I owned an NC, as the bike being unable to match revs to a new ratio made downshifts a bit lurchy at times.  Hopefully that feature will be coming to the NC too.

I thought the standard NC moved to Throttle by Wire in 2018 when they added Traction Control, unless I misunderstood??

fred_jb

You are probably right, I haven't exactly been keeping up!  😄

embattle

As predicted a smaller rear wheel.

• Like 1

suffolk58

I take back what I said about the Aprilia RS660 being expensive!

• Thanks 1

wingrider.steve
2 hours ago, poldark said:

I thought the standard NC moved to Throttle by Wire in 2018 when they added Traction Control, unless I misunderstood??

Nope, still old fashioned throttle cables!

• Thanks 1

kayz1

Yes Tex, the X-ADV was the best handling of the NC range by far, better suspenders/brakes /seat screen..

But the small rear wheel took some getting used to, just the look of it. My wheels and spokes were good

but i did run the hose over them every time i came home..235kls for the new Forza! so 2 kls down on the

X-ADV. must be thinner plastic then to save some money..:dielaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lipsee
12 hours ago, SteveThackery said:

Well it should be!!!!!! it is on the BM 600

• Like 1

Spindizzy

A scooter with a chain. What were they thinking. Missed opportunity. 

It's not for me and I like scooters. 

• Like 2

Tex
6 hours ago, lipsee said:

Well it should be!!!!!! it is on the BM 600

Yes! I like that final drive system on the big BMW scooters very much. It’s the bike it comes with it that worries me.. ;) 

When I had the Integra I thought about chopping it in for a 650 Sport BMW, I looked on the owner’s forum and found nothing but complaints and grumbles. The kicker was when one of those moaning said “If we had any sense we’d sell up and buy Honda Integras” :dielaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Grumpy old man

I thought they were dropping the NC range and changing the engine. I was chatting to a Honda salesman he told me Nc  (as we know it)was going? And the new Nc was having a new 850 engine. All seems a bit odd that they change the engine inthe NC then use it in  a scooter all fancied up.