sams700

E scotoiler not priming

sams700

I have recently fitted an old e scotoiler. Everything sort of works (well the controller goes on) I can hear the little pump working away but the oil isn't pumping into tubing.

The RMV is mounted horizontally and has worked before like that.

Any ideas what I could do?

There is oil in RMV.

KingJames

hole in a tube or not quite joined up somewhere, I assume the pump is pulling something through

sams700

I put new tubing in and there is no oil from the main unit into the tubing. Its strange. They think it maybe the inner tube has slipped out. 

davebike

Common cause is the inline non reture valve being gummed up  Hope so as other option is the controler unit !

I gave up recomending and owning Esystem as I had and customers had so many issues with priming

• Like 1

sams700

Well the inner tube has slipped out now as it moved when I was trying to get the oil out! 

My bike is going on for some warranty work so I may ask them to fit the vacuum feed while the tank is up. 

But worried about doing that while the bike is still in warranty though. 

Controller is OK but tyre silicone sealent is leaking onto the screen, works though. 

davebike

I not at all sure you can fit a vacume system to a 700 or early 750  I looked fro a customer and couldn't see a way of doing so without massive work and drilling inlet !

Late 750is easy on X at least don't even have to take plastic off!

Gringo

That reminds me, still got my Oiler...in it's box....unfitted to the bike. One day...soon...I will be brave and attempt to remove the side panels to gain access. 

davebike

If it is a late post facelift NC750X (LED Lights)  you don't have to take thee plastic off to access the Vaccume line to the EVbox  snip insert T piece and run line to where you are fitting the oiler !