Removing Right Side Panel

Tyler

Hi, haven't posted in a while.

I want to remove the right side panel, as you sit on the bike looking forwards. I want to top up the rear brake fluid, I've removed the hex screw but don't know whats next?

Grumpy old man

You don't need to take any panels off to fill the brake reservoir, I seem to remember you undo the bolt holding the reservoir to the frame and pull it out or reposition it on a lower mounting

Why does the fluid need topping up the only reason it will need topping up is there is a leak somewhere or the pads need replacing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a long time since I changed the brake fluid on my 700X but I recall I unfastened the rear brake reservoir and attached it to the frame with tape, reservoir pointing outwards from the frame for access with the fresh fluid. It was easy enough. I did the whole change with no problems using a simple old fashioned brake bleeding tube with one way valve.  The 700X was combined ABS but it really wasn't so complicated if you just followed the process described in the workshop manual.

• Like 1
Dunnster

As Lloyd and Chris say, no panels need removing, undo the bolt holding the rear reservoir and reposition it to give better access.

• Like 1

Thanks all, I'll remove the bolt as directed, don't think I have a leak, just a top up required. 

• Like 1
Grumpy old man
7 hours ago, Tyler said:

Thanks all, I'll remove the bolt as directed, don't think I have a leak, just a top up required. 

Check the pads.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Push teh pads and piston right back before adjusting level 

Mostly low level means pads worn !

Low level with good pads / piston back is preevious fiddling or leak which need sorting ASAP!

• Like 1

Just an update on this, it wasn't as empty as I thought and the pads are ok.

• Like 2

Better over carefull than over confident!  Breaks matter I my view the most important system !