what mileage did you change ?

kbull

hi guys , when you bought a new nc   at what mileage did you have to do first change  of tyres and secondly chain and sprockets , trying to figure out how long the original honda ones last , cheers guys

Mine was a 2015 with tyres that were generally thought of a very short life. Mine lasted 6k but I wish I changed them sooner as they were terrible in the wet. The chain I believe I changed at 8k, about half I get on the did chains I use now. I commute 100 mile a day however and chain maintenance is not top of my list when I get home on a wet night... 

• Like 1

Tyre choice will depend on your personal preference. If you like the originals they will last for ages so you won't have to worry about it for quite a while, but if you think the riding experience would benefit from better 'feel' and ride quality just buy whatever you prefer. I have PR4s on my 750S and they're great.

Grumpy old man

Mine is a 2015 750x and got just short of 2500 from the tyres but managed to get the replaced on warranty, the chain lasted 8000.

• Like 1
motorbykcourier

Chains tend to last 25K miles, as do sprockets

Tyres.....

Michelin R5 - currently ~ 15k Rear + 22K front

Pirelli Scorpion 2 - the dogs danglies _~8K Rear + 16K front

2014 750X - ~250k miles

• Like 4
poldark
2 hours ago, kbull said:

hi guys , when you bought a new nc   at what mileage did you have to do first change  of tyres and secondly chain and sprockets , trying to figure out how long the original honda ones last , cheers guys

Honda have used several OEM tyre options so would be good to know what you have fitted to answer more accurately.

IF they are the Bridgestones mine did circa 5k before change, I think the Dunlops are reported less.

The major Michelin/Avon/Continental replacement options should be good for 8k plus.

Not sure yet on C&S

• Like 1
Mark8arker

Lot depends on the conditions and style of riding. The OEM tyres swapped after less than 500 miles.  The chain and sprockets after 16,000 miles. Ride in all weather conditions. 

• Like 1

My bike has 12300 on the clock. I believe the chain and sprockets are OE but I'm not sure of the history with the tyres. I suspect they've been replaced at some point in its life.

Thosoneill

Interesting post from kenny - outcomes obviously subjective - I purchased my one owner 2013 integra with 2450 miles on the odometer - I’ve now covered over 5500 miles - the original metzeler z8 tyres are still on the bike and still have say another thousand miles in them - I should really have changed them on an age basis - I’m waiting delivery of a pair of pirelli angel gt so we’ll see how they go - as for chain and sprockets I’d definitely expect more than eight thousand from a set 

14 hours ago, motorbykcourier said:

Chains tend to last 25K miles, as do sprockets

Tyres.....

Michelin R5 - currently ~ 15k Rear + 22K front

Pirelli Scorpion 2 - the dogs danglies _~8K Rear + 16K front

2014 750X - ~250k miles

250,000 miles.  Extraordinary.  With winter coming on you deserve that Forza 750 you were considering if only for better comfort and visibility.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks guys , good to have some idea .

Andy m

OE tyres should be changed at 0 miles! No point spending thousands on a bike that will be massively improved for an extra 200 quid. 

Chain is 10-15K in my experience but also varies with OE fit. I changed the CB500f one at 6000 because it was obvious it wasn't going to make 12k and a decent quality one would then make it to the point I'd probably be looking to sell. I no longer provide owners of second hand new to them machines with barely scrubbed in kit, dealers pay the same for anything legal they just make up different stories when presented with nearly new parts. The only bit I'm interested in is the how much to change number at that point. 

Andy

Steve Case

I think my chain and sprockets are the 2nd set as I bought bike with 30K, however with the limited amount of running this year I have not adjusted the chain in 5K miles and I check every weekend.

I am not sure if this is because the DCT puts less load on the chain or the bikes not seen too much salt and shite yet! However I'm not complaining.

Oh and PR5 Michelin, not as interested in mileage as I am in avoiding botty clenching moments and these are good tyres.