my integra dct 750 gears slipping

WILD FURY

hi all

i have a problem with my integra dct 750 cc lately the odd gears after riding for a while ( 1st 3rd and 5th gear) start slipping reaching to a point that it will go into safe mode ans i have to wait for a while till i can run it again.

i contacted my local honda co. and they recommended that i change the oil plus the 2 oil filters plus they will re calibrate the program(software) ... whatever runs the system.

so i did that today and after leaving the honda shop the same thing happened .

its so strange whenever the bike is sitting for a while and i go for a ride it runs smoothly untill i reach traffic and i have to go through the 1st gear alot then it starts slipping untill it reaches the point that it goes into safe mode.

did anyone face the same problem?

any recommendations? 

plz help 

the guys in honda shop say there is nothing wrong with it even they scan it

thanx in advance

outrunner

When you say the gears are slipping do you mean it will not drive, or will not select the desired gear? If it is not driving that sounds like clutch slip and I can not remember which of the 2 clutches drives the odd gears, could be a clutch pressure switch problem causing it to slip. A lot of the so called experts in some main dealers know jack sh*t about DCT problems.

Andy.

• Like 1
trisaki

What oil is in it ?   10w30 is the recommended  

If it goes into limp home mode! has it had the ( Honda called it ) the starter relay Mod done?

it was the starter relay plus a temp sensor and small section of wiring  harness 2016/7 models

this was to remove the sensor from the ECU ( it used to get hot and shut down...Plus they ( Honda )

changed the speed sensors for the gearbox and final drive..at the same time..so your guess is as

good as mine as to why...

SteveThackery

Ah, the joys of dealer bike mechanics - most of them are as dumb as a hammer and refuse, literally, to believe something is wrong unless it generates a fault code they can find on their scanners.

I'm sure you mean the clutch is slipping, rather than the gears.  Can you confirm?  The clutches are operated by oil pressure, which presumably is why they recommended changing the two filters.  I think this is a real fault which might require a "proper" technician to sort it.  You need someone who understands the system in detail and who is intelligent enough to follow a logical fault-locating process.  It shouldn't be difficult to find, though.

The best thing I did was buy the Shop Manual, because it gives a comprehensive description of the DCT system and should allow you to work out pretty closely what could be causing the fault.  Unfortunately I sold mine when I sold my NC, so I can't help any further, otherwise I'd be digging through it right now!  :)

• Like 1

when i say the gear i mean the gear and clutch cz i dont know which is actually not working properly anyway this morning when i started the bike the fan started like after 1 min 

so i guessing the cooling system is not ok.

could it be the cooling liquid ?

i never changed it since i got the bike ( 2014 )

but i dont know this should be checked? is it easy to change or refill?

Edited by WILD FURY

Is the fi  AKA engine light up ?  you wording of safe mode makes me think so in witch case the workshop should read the code even if the light back off they are stored !

If not I wonder about teh gear change pin No6  a well known cause of gearbox issues but no Fi light

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5852230/nc750d-integra/gearshift-drum

this might not be the correct year but ther all very similar

Yes I have changed lots of pins

Edited by davebike

Bit left field suggestion from me, how's the battery, I understand NC's throw all sorts of faults when the battery is not working as well as it should, a 2014 battery might well be on its last legs.

the battery is ok its my 4rth now i think

man the problem is strange the honda workshop checked everything(by scanner) everything seems ok.

i even suggested that its a cluch problem they said these thing never bust this early mine only ran for 46000km