Steveg

Hello

Noticed I've used all my acf 50 can is empty

Always used the can , sprayed into cap and then use paint brush

Like the look of the acf50 that comes with spray bottle

Anyone have a preference / experience?

Cheers Steve

riders in the storm

It is better value by the bottle, but forget the little spray bottle that comes with it, it is complete rubbish. I chuck it away and use a Hozelock 500ml garden spray.  I usually warm the ACF 50 first in a bucket of hot water.

I've just bought an electric spray gun to apply the stuff on the underneath of my motorhome to save some wear and tear on my fingers pumping the Hozelock....!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Andy m

A hundred quid compressor pays for itself in a couple of years. 

Andy

• Like 1
Mr Toad

19 minutes ago, Andy m said:

A hundred quid compressor pays for itself in a couple of years. 

Andy

Compressor every time......

• Like 1
Empty_Ten

I like the spray can just for convenience.  One can lasts a couple of years :ahappy:

Stick the can in a sink of hot tap water before I start cleaning the bike and by the time it comes to apply, it’s nicely warmed up and vaporises/mists much better out of the spray nozzle.

I spray onto a cloth a then apply to the bike.  Spray for any hard to reach areas/crevices.

I spray onto a small sponge then wipe all over what ever needs doing, I must find time to go around all the bikes with it soon

bottle, i then use a little mister spray bottle, little spritz thing couple of inches big, from pound land some sort of shampoo travel set pack thing... not a plant sprayer thing

Pete Crowther

I use ACF 50 from the bottle with a hand spray, warmed up as previously mentioned. Plus I use the excellent XCP on areas generally out of sight. The XCP leaves a yellowish film but I have found its "stickability" better than the ACF. 

I dont think it will do any damage, just a little staining till it washes off.

Cleaned today using ACF50 bottle , worked a treat , covered levers and bars with old socks ;) and covered up wheels and sprayed from bottle that came with it , warmed bottle well for 20 mins or so and came out a fairly fine spry

I always put too much on , but recon will get 6 full cleans so about 3 years for me :hyper:

cheers Steveg