DCT handbrake warning light

jereme

My DCT NC 750 X was delivered yesterday. I didn't really want the dct model but it was the right price and so I thought i would give it a go. After a good long ride yesterday, wow ... I love the DCT!!! It really is incredible.

The only problem I have discovered with  the bike and I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me, is that the parking brake  warning light on the dash display doesn't go out when the brake is disengaged. 

Anyone else experienced this before? 

• Like 2
poldark

Mmmmm never had or heard of that problem, but first logical check is that the parking brake pads are fully releasing.

If you have centre stand, or rear paddock stand, just check the rear wheel freely rotates.

Otherwise I'd expect it's a sensor adjustment, much like the brake lights staying on even when lever released.

• Like 1

Probably a micro switch problem on the lever, I use silicon grease spray on these switches, I've got 3 going again on the Silverwing that control the brake electrics, could also be as simple as a wire disconnected. The brake caliper is the same as a Silverwing one, adjustment is by the grub screw on the lever. Simple. You should never need new pads, they are very thin when new and last forever.

• Like 3

Thanks, will have a go with some wd40 :)

listener
17 minutes ago, jereme said:

Thanks, will have a go with some wd40 :)

With a fairly quiet background you can easily hear the switch actuating.

If you lift the lever you should a 'click' after about 10deg of rotation.

The switch should be 'normally-open' so there might be a short somewhere in the wiring.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, listener said:

With a fairly quiet background you can easily hear the switch actuating.

If you lift the lever you should a 'click' after about 10deg of rotation.

The switch should be 'normally-open' so there might be a short somewhere in the wiring.

Turns out the parking brake lever was being slightly obstructed and while the brake was disengaging the lever wasn't 100% returning home. I have adjusted  the housings position on the handlebars and now I can hear the microswitch activating and everything is working as it should.

Thanks everyone for your assistance :)

• Like 7