750X DCT coolant

Steve698

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best coolant to use in the NC750X DCT saw on here somewhere saying they use Halfords own and I am aware of the need for it to be silicate free but a search on the Halfords site for "silicate free coolant" returns 5 results all for coolant with silicate which the opposite of what was asked for ????

https://www.halfords.com/search?q=silicate+free+coolant

bahnstormer

I just bought 5 litres of Honda type 2 coolant for £25, from Cox's Motor Parts.  Perfect for the bike and cheaper than Halfords stuff too.

Edited by bahnstormer
22 minutes ago, fj_stuart said:

I used this stuff in my SV (silicate free)

530840?w=740&h=555&qlt=75&fmt=webp&v=1

Hmmm strange just found that one at Halfords and when I enter my reg it states "this product is not suitable for your vehicle" in big red letters, just Halfords being prissy ? 

fj_stuart
4 minutes ago, Steve698 said:

Hmmm strange just found that one at Halfords and when I enter my reg it states "this product is not suitable for your vehicle" in big red letters, just Halfords being prissy ? 

When I searched Halford’s website I had my vehicle set as “Yamaha FJ1200” because I had previously looked for a battery. The site said this coolant was also not suitable for the FJ. Can’t think why.

• Haha 1
wingrider.steve
On 11/19/2020 at 23:22, fj_stuart said:

I used this stuff in my SV (silicate free)

530840?w=740&h=555&qlt=75&fmt=webp&v=1

I use this as well, in both my NC and Goldwing.