Mirrors solution

Steve698

Anyone else had any problem with the view from the NC750X mirrors ? All I'm seeing is my shoulders and elbows no matter where I place them. I'm sure extenders would solve the problem but I hate the look of those things and it triggers my OCD all those angles and steps, anyone got around the problem in a neater fashion ?

Scootabout
1 hour ago, Steve698 said:

Anyone else had any problem with the view from the NC750X mirrors ? All I'm seeing is my shoulders and elbows no matter where I place them. I'm sure extenders would solve the problem but I hate the look of those things and it triggers my OCD all those angles and steps, anyone got around the problem in a neater fashion ?

I never found them a problem. If anything, I'd say the standard stems are quite long. Are you very broad in the beam? Otherwise, maybe the stems are not adjusted properly? Have you tried undoing the bolts and moving them about (as well as the mirrors themselves on the ball joints)?  

I'm talking about the NC700X, but I did also ride a 750X and don't remember it being different. 

Edited by Scootabout
1 minute ago, Scootabout said:

I never found them a problem. If anything, I'd say the standard stems are quite long. Are you very broad in the beam? Otherwise, maybe the stems are not adjusted properly? Have you tried undoing the bolts and moving them about (as well as the mirrors themselves on the ball joints)?  

Yep I have moved them around from the stems and the ball joints but no luck, I am a bit of a unit, weight training in my younger days to blame for that now just a wobbly mass but a wide one.

Scootabout
7 minutes ago, Steve698 said:

Yep I have moved them around from the stems and the ball joints but no luck, I am a bit of a unit, weight training in my younger days to blame for that now just a wobbly mass but a wide one.

Oh, right. I, by contrast, am a virtual stick insect :D

Andy m

The last bike I had with usable unmodified mirrors was made last century. The NC's are as bad as any.  I am not wide at tge shoulder by any standard. 

I've had the same set of mirror extender for about 10 years (dogbone type). I had bar end type on the Bonneville which are superior until you want to filter or drop it. 

Andy

Spindizzy

Modern bikes require the body twist manoeuvre to let the mirror clear the torso. Or change them.

Similarly to how the Titanic wasn't aesthetically pleasing with enough lifeboats for everyone. Style over function. 

listener

I find the OEM mirrors to be okay, once adjusted properly.

I can see most of what's going on behind without having to go through contortions.

And I'm more 'Oli' than 'Stan' in the 'breadth' department!  :thumbsup:

3b5a52acf7fc8d48e3a3ce766dbc31f3.gif

trisaki

On my nc I fitted  Suzuki vstrom  mirrors  - square ish sides I find them spot on 

I had exactly the same problem on my new NC750X. The solution for me was to adjust the position of the handlebars so that they are closer to me, providing the right sort of bend at my elbows when riding and also to rotate the hand controls so that the lever angle is right and, if I had hand guards fitted (I don't, yet), they would actually protect my hands. I had exactly the same problem with my Crossrunner last year; the solution was the same. Maybe I'm an odd shape, but in my experience the last two new Hondas I have bought had the bars set way too far forward for comfort and proper riding control. Anyway, what I initially thought were useless mirrors are now great on both bikes.