Jump to content
yellownev

You know that RT I was coveting

Recommended Posts

Ciaran1602

There is a significant part of me that is oh so jealous. It's bikes like that that made me want to ride in the first place - the freedom to eat up the miles on something that imperious and imposing. Marvellous.

 

Many happy miles on it!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
listener

Those number plates ... :blink:

 

Are you James Bond? 

 

Or Frank Martin? :lol:

 

movieposter.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
slowboy

Nice one @yellownev. Now all you’ve got to do is stay on here and tell us all about it👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
26 minutes ago, slowboy said:

Nice one @yellownev. Now all you’ve got to do is stay on here and tell us all about it👍

That's a given. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
iaink

Nice bike  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
31 minutes ago, listener said:

Those number plates ... :blink:

 

Are you James Bond? 

 

Or Frank Martin? :lol:

... well I have a Frank Martin hair cut ! Top one was off my much cherished Rover 75 tourer that I scrapped and put the plate on my IQ.... some change there. Bottom one was on my first pan that I wrote off on the way back ( thankfully in the UK) from Germany. Just some man cave decorations 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
37 minutes ago, Ciaran1602 said:

There is a significant part of me that is oh so jealous. It's bikes like that that made me want to ride in the first place - the freedom to eat up the miles on something that imperious and imposing. Marvellous.

 

Many happy miles on it!

Thank you and I agree, I still remember just standing looking at the early RT and RS  in around 1978 when I was buying my Yamaha FS1E at a dealer in Derby. I'll be so chuffed to pilot one back to Germany  ( Colditz) in 2022 all being well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Hickky

Nev, which police force was it previously owned by? Looks great by the way!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
MatBin
1 hour ago, yellownev said:

.... it's in my garage now. Sadly the NC was taken off me in exchange.

 

I concluded even if I regret buying this bike I'd regret it more if I never owned one. The bike has more on it than the dealer advertised which is a bonus including front and rear cameras.

 

I'd  like to stay on here as its the best community of people who really know bikes, have a ton of knowledge and pass no judgement other than in considered humour.

 

 

 

 

my RT.JPG

Nope you gotta hand back your membership card if you don't own an NC. 😂

Not seen one of those before, what exactly is it, model (R1200RT?) and year please.

Looks very interesting.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tex

Beautiful, Nev. My local BMW dealer had a white RT on display last time I was there. Bloody lovely. And far and away the nicest colour. :niceone: Envy is a sin (I think?) and I regret to inform you that you turned me into a sinner, big time. ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
larryblag

Having owned the previous incarnations I can say you'll be very happy with your purchase 👍. 

Every time they bring out a new one it gets better and better. 

Time after time they get voted best in class. 

One of the things I liked about mine was that you could ride 10 miles in the rain and get to your destination dry. It also stayed remarkably clean. Then, for cleaning it was a simple hose-off job 👍

 

R1150RT

 

R1200RT

 

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
8 hours ago, Hickky said:

Nev, which police force was it previously owned by? Looks great by the way!

Lol I have my Polite vest all ready to go play at being a 5’6” inch copper ! 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
25 minutes ago, Tex said:

Beautiful, Nev. My local BMW dealer had a white RT on display last time I was there. Bloody lovely. And far and away the nicest colour. :niceone: Envy is a sin (I think?) and I regret to inform you that you turned me into a sinner, big time. ;) 

When it come to bikes I’ve been a sinner for the last 42 years ! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
10 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Having owned the previous incarnation I can say you'll be very happy with your purchase 👍. 

Every time they bring out a new one it gets better and better. 

Time after time they get voted best in class. 

One of the things I liked about mine was that you could ride 10 miles in the rain and get to your destination dry. It also stayed remarkably clean. Then, for cleaning it was a simple hose-off job 👍

Your comments about them in a previous post was an incitement to buy for me, the fact this one has the low seat which iirc was your reason to sell ( bit too tall, the bike not the rider) Also good to get a bit more positive feedback on ownership thanks. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
larryblag

Yes, it was too tall for me which made me nervous every time I came to a stop. But once moving I could hustle either of them like any bike. The handling was excellent, the ride quality sublime. 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
larryblag
2 hours ago, yellownev said:

Lol I have my Polite vest all ready to go play at being a 5’6” inch copper ! 

When I left school I wanted to join the motorcycle police team. 

Only problem was at the time I wasn't even tall enough to be a policewoman.

Since then, even though I'm no taller, things have changed and I would have both those aforementioned options 🤔😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Xactly

I always preferred the RS model; nearly as good protection but a lot easier to service. I do like those old 1100/1150 RTs though. I had a test ride on a 1250 RT. Lovely bike but too heavy for me now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Steveg

Looks a beauty , enjoy your new wheels

 

Cheers Steveg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
riders in the storm

I do love a good Garage photo.....!

 

That's an impressive spanner collection.....!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
48 minutes ago, riders in the storm said:

I do love a good Garage photo.....!

 

That's an impressive spanner collection.....!!

Screwfix’s finest and quite handy where they are stored. Plus it looks like I know what I’m doing with them, I even rub some old grease on them every now and again 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
5 hours ago, larryblag said:

When I left school I wanted to join the motorcycle police team. 

Only problem was at the time I wasn't even tall enough to be a policewoman.

Since then, even though I'm no taller, things have changed and I would have both those aforementioned options 🤔😂

I wanted to be a fireman not tall enough and not enough chest expansion .... but I think I could have done the running with someone in a fireman’s lift .... all entry requirements. Now as you say different world. You didn’t by any chance go to Ryknald/Bemrose school did you, your name if familiar to me ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
rjp996

Looks nice for long rides in the saddle - I like your 'man justification' on you would regret not owning one more, so you had better buy one ;-), ive tried that one with my wife re getting a Lambo, still have not been successful.......yet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
yellownev
15 minutes ago, rjp996 said:

Looks nice for long rides in the saddle - I like your 'man justification' on you would regret not owning one more, so you had better buy one ;-), ive tried that one with my wife re getting a Lambo, still have not been successful.......yet.

Years of practice, first convince myself than on to the wife. Tried the Jedi mind trick, that sometime works when the force is strong ! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
larryblag

Just hide the new bike for a few weeks and when she eventually notices (and she will), trot out the old, overused but still surprisingly effective, "Oh this old thing? I've had it ages!" 

 

👍😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×