NEW TYRES

bikerjon

HI TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE JUST BOUGHT NC750X NEED TO REPLACE TYERS WHAT ARE PEOPLES OPIONS ON WHAT TYERS TO FIT

THANKS

Edited by ted
title
9 minutes ago, bikerjon said:

HI TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE JUST BOUGHT NC750X NEED TO REPLACE TYERS WHAT ARE PEOPLES OPIONS ON WHAT TYERS TO FIT

THANKS

Round black tubeless probably best :)

Depends on type of riding, if it's mainly tarmac riding the there seems to be a few good choices, Michelin PR 4/5 are quite liked, I have 4's and seem fine. Avon do a decent tyre.

Off road bias - no idea, some one will be a long soon

Capitals indicate shouting by the way.

• Like 3
Rocker66

I would with Michelin PR4s or Road5s for road use .

As MatBin says using entirely upper case is considered to be shouting. Anyway welcome to forum I’m sure that you will find plenty of good information on here on motorcycling and many other subjects. Plenty of humour as well.

• Like 3
Grumpy old man

Avon storm xm work well for me definitely quieter and definitely I get a lot more miles from them as regards performance I'm not good a enough rider to notice the difference. 

• Like 4
trisaki

Continental road attack 11 currently fitted really like em - if new to your  nc try experimenting with tyre pressure  if you are riding  solo - my opinion  only although  quite a few on here agree  - try 38psi in the rear back upto 43 when pillion  keep front  at 36 std 

Michelin pilot roads 5 very good but expensive , got a pair of Avon Storm 3d XM and are really good so far and a lot cheaper than the Michelins 

Cheers Steveg

Rocker66
12 minutes ago, Steveg said:

Michelin pilot roads 5 very good but expensive , got a pair of Avon Storm 3d XM and are really good so far and a lot cheaper than the Michelins 

Cheers Steveg

Being pedantic and to avoid confusion they are Road 5s the word pilot having been dropped.

• Thanks 1

Yep my bad they are Road 5's now , best tyre I've ridden on but for my use the avons are good 

Cheers Steveg

• Like 1
Andywills77
4 hours ago, trisaki said:

Continental road attack 11 currently fitted really like em - if new to your  nc try experimenting with tyre pressure  if you are riding  solo - my opinion  only although  quite a few on here agree  - try 38psi in the rear back upto 43 when pillion  keep front  at 36 std 

Second here for contis. I don't have anything to compare against other than the square mitcht that came with it but I would definitely say they're confidence inspiring...far better than what was on

As I have a nano part of the pedant that is Rocker, I should, with respect, correct Mr shouty Bikerjon and the plural of tyre is TIRES!

• Confused 3

Had budget tyres , conti motion and they were all right but have run on Michelin’s ever since swopping  them out and these are better for cold and wet starts to the day . 

11 hours ago, Hickky said:

As I have a nano part of the pedant that is Rocker, I should, with respect, correct Mr shouty Bikerjon and the plural of tyre is TIRES!

Are you sure about that?  Isnt it TYRES :)

• Like 2
Mark8arker

On second set of Continental Road Attack 2's. Great set tyres.  Thinking trying out  Metz ROADTEC 01 SE this summer.  

4 hours ago, Xactly said:

We had an English exam today an we all dun good...

no wat u mean

Me, I am multilingual, speak several languages

I speak fluent English, a smattering of Bad and utterly fluent in speaking Cr@p.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Brigante7

I can't see past Bridgestone battleax BT023, I'm on my 3rd set.

Brigante7

• Like 1
motorbykcourier

I'm a BIG fan of Pirelli Scorpian 2

I ride all year in all weathers - this past year I tried Michelin Road 5, they are good and they last longer than Pirelli.

However, recent persistent poor weather has me changing back to Pirelli - a lot more secure especially in crap low temp weather

• Like 2
White Skark

Avons all the way, had them on my bikes for years without a problem

• Like 1
old commuter

Have always had Bridgestones foe about 6 years now. Lasted well and I like them.I tend to do around 8000 miles per year on them in all weathers.

steelhorseuk

On my fourth set of Metzeler RoadTEC Z8 front and rear.

Cannot really fault them, get around 8K on the rear and at least 12K on the front.

Good grip and they feel planted in all weather.

But........ I really must try something different next time as I do not know what I may be missing.

• 4 weeks later...
Rocker66
3 minutes ago, bikerjon said:

thanks to everybody for there help and advice

So what was the outcome? Which tyres are going for?