Won't start at all.

PJS

Hi. New on here, and I hope someone can help. I have an NC700S DCT with what I assume is an electrical problem. 

When I turn the ignition on the fan and overtemp light come on. (Engine cold) when it first happened it was intermittent. Initially it would start and run. Then it struggled to start. Now won't start at all.

I have stripped all the body work off and checked all plugs I can get to for water. Nothing. No sign of corrosion either. Stumped.

Rocker66

Hi welcome to the forum . I’m sorry to hear of your problems I’m sure that there will people with far more technical knowledge than me ( not difficult) with suggestions to try and solve them.

fred_jb

Sounds very much like a temperature sensor issue.  If it is giving a false reading indicating the engine is overheating, then that would explain the fan and light coming on.  Starting from cold when the ECU thinks the engine is hot will result in hot settings for a cold engine which would explain the poor starting and running.  Possibly in the extreme case the ECU will decide the engine is too hot to be started and will shut the bike down completely.

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 2
Slowboy

I’d also check the multi plug at the back of the instrument panel for corrosion, it can get a bit furred up over time. Switch cleaner and a bit of silicon grease on reassembly won’t do any harm. Fred’s suggestion is a good one, sensors do fail occasionally.

Welcome to the forum PLS. Hope you get your problem solved soon. So much electrickery on bikes these days which scares me lol.