Scottoiler

voxy53

HI

Just thought I would give you some details of an experience with Scottoiler if anyone has one fitted 

or is thinking of buying a unit

I purchased an eSystem unit for my Honda CBF600 in October 2019 which I duly fitted and everything was OK

I purchased a new NC750X in September 2020 which I then fitted the Scottoiler to after having removed it from

the CBF600 prior to selling it

Not long after I had fitted it, I noticed a pool of oil on the garage floor under the rear sprocket

The pipe downstream of the check valve (one way valve) was empty of oil

I contacted Scottoiler for advice and they got back to me very quickly with some ideas of what it could be.

They thought it may be the pipe connected to the check valve was not seating correctly so advised cutting off

a small amount of pipe and reattaching it, then re-priming, which I did

the next day I had a pool of oil again

To cut a long story short, they sent me a new check valve FOC even though it was out of warranty and it has 

cured the problem

They did not have to do that, but I am very pleased that they did in these uncertain times

Thanks again to Scottoiler

• Like 9

Yes, Scottoiler’s after sales service is excellent. I managed to break the filler cap. They sent me two, FOC.

• Like 2
jeremyr62

I am a big fan too. Scottoiler have had plenty of my cash. I think over the years I have bought at least 5 vacuum systems and my current NC came with an eSystem. I was skeptical at first about the eSystem, but it's been really good and as the NC doesn't have an external thermometer, I appreciate the eSystem control panel one. 

Reminds me, I've still got my eSystem sat in its box in the garage. Still haven't plucked up the courage to tackle the removal of the Krypton Factor type side panels on my NC750X.

• Haha 4
White Skark

I have had my eSystem on my Integra for nearly 5 years now without a problem, a correctly oiled chain, they are great.

Gone is the days when you hade to boil it in Chainlife.

• Like 1
On 24/01/2021 at 20:24, Gringo said:

Reminds me, I've still got my eSystem sat in its box in the garage. Still haven't plucked up the courage to tackle the removal of the Krypton Factor type side panels on my NC750X.

Don't worry if you break them when taking them off, just don't bother putting them back on again, much cheaper weight saving excerise than buying a 2021 model.

• Haha 2
On 24/01/2021 at 21:15, White Skark said:

I have had my eSystem on my Integra for nearly 5 years now without a problem, a correctly oiled chain, they are great.

Gone is the days when you hade to boil it in Chainlife.

Were them were the days, mum wasn't too happy about me using the kitchen stove. Best to use a camping stove in the garden or maybe the BBQ.

Edited by MatBin
  • Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 21:15, White Skark said:

Gone is the days when you had to boil it in Chainlife.

In over 40 years of motorcycling I've never done that. 

• Like 1
jeremyr62

The last time I did it would have been around 1988.I reckon I bought my first Scottoiler around 1998.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I have had Scottoilers on lots of my bikes and I have a spare one that I want to fit to my new NC750x DCT.  The Scottoiler I want to fit is a vSytem that is actuated by inlet vacuum rather than the eSystem.  On the Scottoiler website they have an installation guide for an NC with a  photograph of the pipe from the canister to cut to fit the "T" piece.  This photograph is of an earlier model.  The pipe is shown by the red arrows. I assume that the pipe they indicate fits on to the other end of the canister.  I have included a photograph the pipes on my bike in the same location.  The centre pipe you can see is open to atmosphere.  There is a pipe fitted to the other end of the canister so is this the pipe I need to take the vacuum off?  Has anyone fitted a vSystem to a late bike or have any suggestions? :unsure: 

NC750-vac-pipe-highlighted.jpg.70dff5c9a73f370694b2cd0cdcc32cf8.jpg

355876783_NC750-2022Vac.jpg.79f1e91f58cd8826c13a42e3fef5d10b.jpg

davebike

Easy way to confirm is to pull teh pipe you think is vaccume off the canister and see if it "sucks" with the engine running

I would think it is the pipe below the one you arrowed but I not had a 2022 on the bench so only going on your pictures

I like you much prefer teh vaccume system

• Like 2

I’d go with @davebike says above.

I wouldn’t have thought there’s any difference between 2021 onwards and an earlier edition though? Scottoiler website will probably enlighten you further. They normally have a fitting guide on there.

Heres a YouTube link to fitting one on an earlier 2017 I think model.

I used this to fit mine to my 2017.
If I’m honest though, mine doesn’t work great. I seem to constantly get airlocks just before the dispenser down near the rear sprocket. I haven’t played with it for a while, but I think I need to either reposition the reservoir, to make it sit more vertical, or reposition the dispenser tubing, to increase the elevation. 
Never had a problem with the one on my Fazer 1000. 
good luck. 👍

• Like 1
davebike

I wass wrong just looked at my 2018  it the pipe that goes around the back of the canister  mine looks the same

Fitted a Scottoiler to my 2019 Model... T piece to the pipe indicated... Perhaps the VAc Hose is missing from the later model, and needs the elec oiler?

I’m no expert, so please do not follow as gospel, but you may find my experience on my 2016 NC750S is useful when it comes to installation.  I’ve very pleased with the Scottoiler so far, one less thing to do for regular maintenance and hopefully a long lasting chain.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1
On 26/08/2022 at 07:28, davebike said:

Easy way to confirm is to pull teh pipe you think is vaccume off the canister and see if it "sucks" with the engine running

I would think it is the pipe below the one you arrowed but I not had a 2022 on the bench so only going on your pictures

I like you much prefer teh vaccume system

I tried pulling pipes off and didn't feel any vacuum, maybe have to have another try.  In the photograph I posted, the lower picture is of my bike.  The picture with the red arrows indicating the pipe to cut is from the Scottoiler website  I don't know how the system works but assumed that there is vacuum pipe going into the inlet manifold that draws in any unwanted fumes from the canister.

On 26/08/2022 at 21:09, Iros said:

I’m no expert, so please do not follow as gospel, but you may find my experience on my 2016 NC750S is useful when it comes to installation.  I’ve very pleased with the Scottoiler so far, one less thing to do for regular maintenance and hopefully a long lasting chain.

Ian,  a good tutorial with excellent photographs.:thumbsup:  I've fitted V System Scottoilers to most of my bikes, CBR1000F's, Ducati ST4S, Rapide, etc.  I consider them to be  an almost essential mod for any chain driven bike if you are going to put some miles on.  Never had a problem before so I'll have to have a closer look at where the vacuum pipe is on my 2022 VC750X.  (Assuming that there is a vacuum pipe.)

Regards,  Ed.

• 3 weeks later...

On my 2022 NC750X I have fitted SW Motech crash bars to protect the panels should I drop it.  Hopefully they won't be tested for their efficency.🤞  The crash bars fitted without any difficulty.  I liked the fact that their is a cross brace in front of the radiator linking the two sides and making the assembly stronger.

I've had chance to have a closer look to find a vacuum pipe so that I could fit my V-System Scottoiler.  There is a black rubber pipe that runs higher up than the one shown in the  picture on the Scottoiler website. The run is obscured as it is amongst some wiring.  I double checked that the pipe appeared to run to the cylinder head before making any cuts.  Looking from the front right side you can just see the pipe emerging from under the fuel tank area.  It has two white paint dots and has some protective braid around it.  There are some pictures, not of great quality as I had refitted the left crash bar before I thought about photographs.:rolleyes:

821360098_vacuumpipe1.png.34919100bc4a201073a39dcd2a1ccc71.png

129446251_vacuumpipe2-Copy.jpg.be026b1c8c324a7b3a8eba949d5b6d73.jpg

There very little slack in the pipe so once cut it is a bit of a fiddle to fit the "T" piece.  I found gripping the pipe with some thin nose pliers and carefully pulling it closer while I pushed the "T" piece into the pipe did the trick.  I didn't pull too much as I was afraid of detaching the pipe at the cylinder head end and can only imagine the amount of time and stripping down that would have need to re-attach!

I have read that some dealers have told customers that the vacuum activated V-System can't be fitted to the NC750.  Well it can so I wonder if they just don't want non-standard fiddly jobs?  

1137208227_Tpiece-Copy.jpg.c6dfae7fd165adf9446d76fbc2d9c597.jpg

• Thanks 1

>> Hi, thanks for letting us know. With respect to the crash bars do you have any pictures? Also which SW -Motech bar’s did you buy?

I got them from SW Motech UK.  They cost £183.00, post free.  You can find them view them at the link below:  Their photographs are better than mine.😉

https://sw-motech.co.uk/products/crash-bar-black-nc700-s-x-11-14-nc750-s-x-14?rq=mk_honda~md_nc750xd~hl_750~yr_2022~om_rh09~sk_protection~zr_crash-bar

505616110_swmotechcrashbarleft.jpg.5a0ebd231fba1425c0d905250d797f48.jpg

846793462_swmotechcrashbarright.jpg.e87a4a8c49e4d33479e412b39d5ffaf9.jpg

1657597512_swcrashbarleft2.jpg.068acafc67c5549333cd01af6cb5f686.jpg

SW Motech crashbar link.txt