Nc 750 dct

jimmy

Just thought i would let you all know about a problem i have just had with my bike

Was riding to work alls well then all of a sudden the bike dropped me into first gear (from 4th) stayed there then went into limp mode

when i got to work stuck in first i switched off and back on bike made a load of clicking noises from gearbox area) and would not go into neutral also the gear indicator gauge was showing the flashing dash marker and the eml light was on.Left it for a couple of hours still the same then again a couple more hours later and it went into neutral.

When i came to go home i went to put it into D and it showed first gear then when i started riding it dumped ne into 2nd gear and back into limp mode.

Got home trawled the forums and looked round for loose wires etc and found none i then looked at the battery out of desperation it was a Lithium ion one that i had fitted about three  years earlier on top of the battery are three leds which show the state of charge and these where all lit to show fully charged by chance i thought i would check it with a meter and this was showing 13.7 volts a bit high i thought for a older battery with the engine not running so i decided to put a new battery in Bingo everything back to normal will take it for a good run over the next few days and let you all know if i have any more problems

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Blimey a first post question and answered in one by your good self. Thanks 

Good info for all DCT bikes..Weldone that man:niceone:

outrunner

I hope you did not fit another lithium battery.

Andy.

jeremyr62

Sounds like the lithium battery had worked OK for three years so its not like it it is inherently at fault. It just sounds like it failed. Which I will admit is not great. I would hope to get more than three years out of a battery. I have a lithium battery fitted to my DCT so I will keep a look out.

On 29/01/2021 at 23:29, outrunner said:

Andy.

god no fitted a mottobatt and it is now still running like a dream

On 29/01/2021 at 23:29, outrunner said:

Andy.

god no fitted a mottobatt and it is now still running like a dream

I have not done a dct reset yet as it is running so well will give it a couple of weeks

On the subject of lithium batteries up to the failure it did work well cold mornings were good as my bike lives out side but i dont think i would use another one just yet i think i will let the technology mature a little more first