KingJames

The death of the R6

Spindizzy
3 hours ago, Trev said:

they'll be relaunching the 'legendary' two stroke ram air triple in a scooter chassis next :cry:

Now that I would buy. 🤗

• Haha 2

Johnnie Mototrans
5 hours ago, Trev said:

Sorry but can't agree, just another Suzuki lash up of a 'legendary' motor, looks truly horrific ....... and I'm a Suzuki fan, they'll be relaunching the 'legendary' two stroke ram air triple in a scooter chassis next :cry:

Or how about GT750 kettle engined scooter?

• Sigh 1

outrunner
59 minutes ago, Johnnie Mototrans said:

Or how about GT750 kettle engined scooter?

Those engines were bad enough for overheating without putting extra panels around them.

Andy.

Johnnie Mototrans
1 hour ago, outrunner said:

Those engines were bad enough for overheating without putting extra panels around them.

Andy.

Or how about a ram air cooled GT750 scooter?

Rocker66
1 hour ago, outrunner said:

Andy.

I did plenty of miles on mine two up and loaded with camping gear and June’s future brother did the same on his without any sign of overheating.

• Like 1

outrunner
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

I did plenty of miles on mine two up and loaded with camping gear and June’s future brother did the same on his without any sign of overheating.

Well, there are always exceptions to the rule, but they did not get that reputation for nothing.

Andy.

Rocker66
34 minutes ago, outrunner said:

Well, there are always exceptions to the rule, but they did not get that reputation for nothing.

Andy.

Quite honestly I have never heard or read of them having that reputation and I got to know quite a few owners including one very hard rider who had one in a Dresden frame.

Just been discussing this with Sue who told me of a friend of hers who rode a Nico Bakker framed one all over Europe including Russia with no problems.

Edited by Rocker66

MatBin
10 hours ago, Trev said:

Sorry but can't agree, just another Suzuki lash up of a 'legendary' motor, looks truly horrific ....... and I'm a Suzuki fan, they'll be relaunching the 'legendary' two stroke ram air triple in a scooter chassis next :cry:

Now it's funny you say that because I do know of a 350RD in a scooter.

Read up Kelvin Bonarski.

https://www.scribd.com/article/443889038/Kelv-s-Killer-Ypvs

When I asked "just why for God's sake", he replied "you should see it wheelie in 3rd at a ton" and peed himself laughing. Bear in mind he has to be 70 if he's a day (but he was Brit kart champ at one point, so clearly not all there).

Edited by MatBin
  • Haha 1

Trev
16 minutes ago, MatBin said:

Now it's funny you say that because I do know of a 350RD in a scooter.

Read up Kelvin Bonarski.

https://www.scribd.com/article/443889038/Kelv-s-Killer-Ypvs

When I asked "just why for God's sake", he replied "you should see it wheelie in 3rd at a ton" and peed himself laughing. Bear in mind he has to be 70 if he's a day (but he was Brit kart champ at one point, so clearly not all there).

If he can get an RD350 to wheelie in third at a ton he should head up Yamaha's race division 🤔