Sign in to follow this  
larryblag

CB350?

larryblag

Kels and I watched a horror flick last night called "The Pact". I'll not spoil it by giving a synopsis but the main protagonist on there was riding what looked like a very nice CB350. Unusually we (well, me really) were treated to quite a bit of footage. Poor girl couldn't get it kick started barefoot though. You'll have to watch the film to see why she wasn't ATGATT 👍

Andy m

The CL350 and CB350 were pretty common in California in the 70's so made into a fair few TV series and films (with either a 2-smoke or Harley sound track depending on setting and able to outrun anything but liable to lowside for no apparent reason !) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biker_films

Can't say any really worked to well. Motorcycle Diaries was OK and of course CHiPs when I was 7!

This one won't have aged well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019,_After_the_Fall_of_New_York

Andy

Edited by Andy m
  • Like 2

Defender
57 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Kels and I watched a horror flick last night called "The Pact". I'll not spoil it by giving a synopsis but the main protagonist on there was riding what looked like a very nice CB350. Unusually we (well, me really) were treated to quite a bit of footage. Poor girl couldn't get it kick started barefoot though. You'll have to watch the film to see why she wasn't ATGATT 👍

I seem to remember a scene in Vanishing Point (1971) with a young lady riding a Honda twin, a CL maybe, out in the desert, without any PPE on, in fact she wasn't wearing anything at all!

• Haha 2

Andy m

I'd offer to re-create the scene, but the CL still needs running in and the court order is pretty specific. 

Andy

• Haha 7

larryblag
3 hours ago, Defender said:

I seem to remember a scene in Vanishing Point (1971) with a young lady riding a Honda twin, a CL maybe, out in the desert, without any PPE on, in fact she wasn't wearing anything at all!

Great, I'll see if it's available on the NeTfliX - for the bike obv 🤔😊

larryblag
4 hours ago, Andy m said:

The CL350 and CB350 were pretty common in California in the 70's so made into a fair few TV series and films (with either a 2-smoke or Harley sound track depending on setting and able to outrun anything but liable to lowside for no apparent reason !) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biker_films

Can't say any really worked to well. Motorcycle Diaries was OK and of course CHiPs when I was 7!

This one won't have aged well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019,_After_the_Fall_of_New_York

Andy

For a change they left the sound alone on this one - even to the point of the exhaust needing a little attention 👍

• Like 1

Rocker66

I think the my favourite motorcycle film is still The Leather Boys .

• Like 1

Spindizzy
5 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

And you can watch the whole thing here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spindizzy
5 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Wow. Just realised they filmed this in my town Bognor. That's not Southend, its Bognor pier!!!

Must have been almost the last footage taken of it in one piece as the end was destroyed in 1965/65 in storms. The entire theatre on the end fell in to the sea. 

Edited by Spindizzy
  • Like 2

larryblag
33 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

Wow. Just realised they filmed this in my town Bognor. That's not Southend, its Bognor pier!!!

Must have been almost the last footage taken of it in one piece as the end was destroyed in 1965/65 in storms. The entire theatre on the end fell in to the sea. 

That's the trouble with doing a theatrical version of Titanic 👍

• Haha 1

Defender
18 hours ago, Spindizzy said:

I can just about remember the pier when it was still complete, it seemed like a long way walking to the end with my little legs! 

I seem to remember it had a sort of shuttle railway running along a single on the left hand side, it open cars that were sort of streamlined and futuristic looking?

Spindizzy
1 hour ago, Defender said:

I can just about remember the pier when it was still complete, it seemed like a long way walking to the end with my little legs! 

I seem to remember it had a sort of shuttle railway running along a single on the left hand side, it open cars that were sort of streamlined and futuristic looking?

Now you really are going back!

rlEvizn1wJLa25PTCq19STdSgBYhJKR0-NaMgIEL

Defender
48 minutes ago, Spindizzy said:

Now you really are going back!

rlEvizn1wJLa25PTCq19STdSgBYhJKR0-NaMgIEL

Wow, where did you find that?, not exactly as I remember it, but it was a ling time ago almost as Lon as I can remember!