Rocker66

Other bikes I tried

Rocker66

Being bored today I thought I would post some pictures of bikes that I have tried but didn't buy. maybe others may find them interesting or maybe not. If your one of the latter I apologise

The first was not so much a demonstrator but one loaned to me for my charity ride to raise money for the Kent Air Ambulance

img959.jpg

img958.jpg

LC350

img617.jpg

Cagiva V-Raptor

img952.jpg

CBR1000

img634.jpg

CB650R

650demo2.jpg

CBR650F

DSC01311.jpg

CBX1000

img083.jpg

GL1800

dcp-2978.jpg

Harley Road King

dcp-2975.jpg

500 Rebel

DSC00129.jpg

RG500

img627.jpg

img629.jpg

ZX10

img619.jpg

img618.jpg

ZXR750 one that found it's way to my garage frequently :)

img961.jpg[

img962.jpg[

Finally a couple that kind owners let me try for size but not ride.

Triumph Bobber

DSC00343.jpg

Triumph Cruiser ( I can't remember the model name)

DSC00728.jpg[

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

PoppetM

Bought my Vespa from GD Brown Motorcycles...wonder if there is a link to David Brown Motorcycles... also noted a Vespa dealer...

Rocker66
15 minutes ago, PoppetM said:

Bought my Vespa from GD Brown Motorcycles...wonder if there is a link to David Brown Motorcycles... also noted a Vespa dealer...

I don’t think there is a link. This was David’s second shop and the one he sold some Vespas from . They were a very small part of his business. His big shop was in Ashford and was multi franchised although he was a Suzuki man at hart. He actually sponsored several racers as the bike business  was really more of a hobby than a scourge of income. His company actually owned the trading estate where the shop was located. They did rather well when the estate was sold due to being on the route of HS1.

David is a really nice guy who often used to invite us to his hospitality suite at Brands on race days. It was also a case of to paraphrase the song lyric Mr Brown you’ve got a lovely daughter.😀😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

riders in the storm

I actually like that little Kawasaki 100 trail bike in the first photo, I had several bikes of that type as a teenager......

• Like 3

bahnstormer
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

DSC00343.jpg

Best bike in the world! (In the background ;))

Must say, I do have a soft spot for the Triumph Bobber.  I've never tried one though and I don't think it would be a "main bike".  It certainly suits you though!

Edited by bahnstormer
  • Like 1

Rocker66
18 minutes ago, riders in the storm said:

I actually like that little Kawasaki 100 trail bike in the first photo, I had several bikes of that type as a teenager......

I will eventually get around to mentioning that in my blog.

• Like 3

trisaki

A few nice bikes there rock  - hope you and sue are well and staying safe 

• Thanks 1

larryblag

Thanks Rocker - a pictorial treat! 

The Triumph "Cruiser" is the Thunderbird. It'll be either 1600 or 1700 depending on the year. Belt drive too 👍

• Thanks 1

Argyll

What were your thoughts on the Goldwing? One I've never tried but always fancied.

Gringo

Loving those Rocker, nice one. Must bring back some great memories. I've tried several bikes over the years some of which had been on loan when I was doing sponsored rides etc [Hmm..potential for a Gringo blog here if I can make it interesting..] One of the best was the CBR1000F which was one of the first breed. Also had a Yamaha XJ600 Diversion, BMW K1, RS,  R1100RT and K1100RT. Loved the CBR, it stuck to the road like clue and I didn't want to take it back to Honda in Slough. The BM's were comfy and I fell for the R1100RT. A great bike. I did 220 miles non stop on that and could walk afterwards. I told myself that, one day, I would own one. It took about 20 years before I did though. Great bike.

• Like 1

Rocker66
3 hours ago, Argyll said:

What were your thoughts on the Goldwing? One I've never tried but always fancied.

Having owned earlier Wings both 1000 and 1100 I was already a fan of the Wing concept. The first thing I noticed when I got on it was and put my foot down was that the ground seemed to come up to meet me due to the seat height or rather lack of. Next surprise was how it didn’t seem as heavy as it actually is. What wasn’t a surprise of course was the extreme comfort. I was on a test day ride with several other Honda’s and the only ones that seemed quicker were the Blade and CBR600RR so I had no trouble keeping with the others even on tight roads and I’m certainly not a fast rider.

Had Sue not been a rider in her own right thus possibly making it financially viable then I think I may well have signed on the dotted line there and then.

• Thanks 1

Xactly

I had a friend with a GL1100. He, another friend on a Honda XBR and I on my Triumph Jubilee Bonnie went for a short camping trip to Norton. On the ride hone we swapped bikes. I was amaz d at how agile the Wing was. I might have had one of those but for me the second x cylinder ones are just too much.

Trev
22 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

I will eventually get around to mentioning that in my blog.

My Son had a KE100 as his first bike, aged 12, he learned to ride on it in a friends field, even managed a few (very low) ramp 'jumps'. Cracking little bikes.

• Like 2

listener
2 hours ago, Trev said:

My Son had a KE100 as his first bike, aged 12, he learned to ride on it in a friends field, even managed a few (very low) ramp 'jumps'. Cracking little bikes.

So less "Evel Knievel" and more "Naughty Neville" ... :lol:

• Haha 1

Trev
23 minutes ago, listener said:

So less "Evel Knievel" and more "Naughty Neville" ... :lol:

Yeah, wasn't quite a dozen double ducker buses, more half a dozen daisies :lol::lol::lol:  but he enjoyed himself. Learning to ride on grass, in particular wet grass, taught him more about controlling throttle, brakes and balance than many riders learn (or sometimes fail to learn) in decades of tarmac only riding..... and, as is often the way with these things, he now throws his DRZ about with way more abandon and skill than I do my ploddy Himmy lump and he's teaching me how to improve my off road riding.

• Like 2

listener
1 hour ago, Trev said:

Yeah, wasn't quite a dozen double ducker buses, more half a dozen daisies :lol::lol::lol:  but he enjoyed himself. Learning to ride on grass, in particular wet grass, taught him more about controlling throttle, brakes and balance than many riders learn (or sometimes fail to learn) in decades of tarmac only riding..... and, as is often the way with these things, he now throws his DRZ about with way more abandon and skill than I do my ploddy Himmy lump and he's teaching me how to improve my off road riding.

Yep, when I started biking it was mid-February and I had lots of practice in balancing throttle and brakes ... and learning how to fall and slide gracefully! :lol: 

• Like 1

Rev Ken
22 hours ago, Trev said:

My first ramp jumps were on my very first bicycle with blow up tyres when I was 4. My brother got it after me and I showed him how to do it.......until the down tube sheered.:fear:

This happened during the second world war when we were very lucky to have such a 'special' bike. Our parents were not amused.:cry:

• Haha 1

pjm

Ken, that brings my son to mind. He could ride without stabilisers a few days after his third birthday. He would ride his kids bikes to destruction as they were not designed for the punishment he gave them. I came across a photo I took of his first ride and you can see people looking at him in amazement. “Look at that little baby riding a bike” 😄

• Like 1