tomcat

My finger slipped!

slowboy
1 hour ago, Andy m said:

Helicopter gunships are getting close to the solution I'd propose 😈

I don't actually believe this is an EV problem, yellow lycra seems to clog their ears to 500cc's of Thai twin powered soundbomb. 

Andy

I have a pet theory, often borne out by experience, that something must issue forth from Lycra upsetting some essential balance in the mind, turning both otherwise reasonable and decent people both hard of hearing and unreasonably grumpy. 

I believe more research is required 🤓

• Haha 5

KingJames

Is there a particular topbox you are going for?  The 33l on the website that goes with the plate looks too diddy for my usage. 

Hickky
23 hours ago, KingJames said:

Is there a particular topbox you are going for?  The 33l on the website that goes with the plate looks too diddy for my usage. 

Can I ask just how much Lycra you intend to carry in said top box?

KingJames
12 hours ago, Hickky said:

Can I ask just how much Lycra you intend to carry in said top box?

You may.  None mostly with some occasionally.

But my work bag with occasional gym kit in it is itself at around the 40L mark hence it fills a box that I have that.

It needs to go the box.  Weather proofed, unlikely to fly open when whizzing down the street, lower risk in an off, etc

Hickky
4 minutes ago, KingJames said:

You may.  None mostly with some occasionally.

But my work bag with occasional gym kit in it is itself at around the 40L mark hence it fills a box that I have that.

It needs to go the box.  Weather proofed, unlikely to fly open when whizzing down the street, lower risk in an off, etc

It seems counter productive to put gym kit in a weather proofed box, prior to going to said gym. When you leave the gym, having worn said kit, you are obliged to change back to your street clothes as the gym kit is wet and smelly from whatever you do in a gymnasium. Why not leave your kit in a leaky topbox where it will get wet and smelly on its own, you can save enough money by not going to the gym to pay for Netflix, thus giving yourself as a present, two extra hours lying down on your sofa eating crisps and drinking Prosecco!

• Haha 2

KingJames

I have this obsessive compulsive order thing where I need fitness activities in my life.  It is not something I have managed to shake off. It also helps keep my out of the house. 

listener
Posted (edited)
On 20/03/2021 at 15:39, slowboy said:

Surely a pastoral symphony for such a gentlemanly steed. 😆🎼

If it's classical music you want ... what about Orff's "O Fortuna"?

That should clear the dozy gits off the road! :devil::lol:

Edited by listener

Defender
On 20/03/2021 at 17:52, splke said:

Regarding noise or lack of it with electric vehicles I really feel they need to have a noise generation system to aid road safety especially for pedestrians. They are bad enough when they can hear you 

As I have recounted previously, my late father worked for a Lucas and they were involved in many electric vehicles back in the 70's and 80's, they had some vans on trial with some big van users, one of the comments they got back form front users was the lack of ICE noise meant that pedestrians and other road users weren't aware of their presence, it seems that early lessons haven't been learnt and that was in the days before everyone would try and do usually everyday tasks without the added distraction of a mobile phone/device?

listener
17 hours ago, Defender said:

As I have recounted previously, my late father worked for a Lucas and they were involved in many electric vehicles back in the 70's and 80's, they had some vans on trial with some big van users, one of the comments they got back form front users was the lack of ICE noise meant that pedestrians and other road users weren't aware of their presence, it seems that early lessons haven't been learnt and that was in the days before everyone would try and do usually everyday tasks without the added distraction of a mobile phone/device?

No problem, sir!

Just buy our app EV-iscerate which will detect approaching EVs and make them explode so that they cannot invade your personal space, allowing you to continue sauntering around while listening to your inane music on your earpods.

Available from Android and Apple stores for £390 - in app purchases extra*.

(The following plug-in modules are available:

BlackHole - pops up an alert when you are about to step into a hole or off a cliff,

TheHand - pops up an alert when some stranger tries to speak to you,

WAN2Pee - alerts you when it detects you are about to soil yourself,

plus 100s of other useful apps! Prices from £1 ... )

• Haha 3

slowboy
20 hours ago, Defender said:

I think the squishy squeal of the first impact should prevent the others.......😁

On a serious note, many EVs can already play a sort of white noise sound below a certain speed, Tesla’s Model 3 does, I think a few others do as well. I think I’d choose “Roll over Beethoven” 🎼😁 

• Like 1

Ciaran1602

If I remember correctly, a car cannot get a 5 on the NCAP tests now without having Emergency Autonomous Braking - systems are never infallible but it hopefully goes some way to mitigating the risk of inattentive pedestrians!

• Like 1

listener
2 hours ago, slowboy said:

On a serious note, many EVs can already play a sort of white noise sound below a certain speed, Tesla’s Model 3 does, I think a few others do as well. I think I’d choose “Roll over Beethoven” 🎼😁 

The Stranglers' "Tank" would certainly shift the buggers!

"I can MAIM ..." :lol: