2015 NCS750 won't start

bros53

Turn ignition on and all that lights up is neutral and abs.Only thing that works is the hooter .Red switch on and pump starts.Engine turns over but will not start.Any idea's folks?Thanks.

Sidestand switch? Or no fuel?

• Like 2
Defender

I think someone else has a similar issue recently? Check the battery voltage first, they aren't very happy with anything less than 12V, I had a EMU light come on even with just over 12V, replaced the battery as I'd already charged the existing one and all was good again! I'll have a look and see if I can find that topic?

BTW, a few bike details could/would be useful, age of the bike, model D/S/X or other, type manual or DCT, the more info given the easier it is to help?

• Like 1
Defender

OK, this is the one I remember, not quite the same symptoms, but diagnosis would be similar:-

Here

I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it, disconnect the headlamp, it's easy(ish) on the early models, not sure about the later ones, if you've got an LED headlamp then probably not worth it as the current draw/demand is less than the earlier incandescent lamp. 

• Like 1

hi there

a few topics to look at if you are at a loss.i found them interesting and they might be helpful.

please tell us all the outcome many threads are a dead end as members fail to tell us what the issue actually was.

ride safe

• Like 3
trisaki

Is the bike on the side stand or centre stand  - my bike even when in neutral  sometimes wont fire up when on the side stand  - lift it up and put stand up  fires up straight away 

• Like 2

Thanks folk for your help,found the problem.I put crash bars on and whilst tightening the top engine bolt,broke a tiny wire in the wiring loom which caused a short and eventually blew a fuse.

• Like 2
  • Sigh 1
  • Thanks 2
Rocker66
14 minutes ago, bros53 said:

Thanks folk for your help,found the problem.I put crash bars on and whilst tightening the top engine bolt,broke a tiny wire in the wiring loom which caused a short and eventually blew a fuse.

Glad that you found the problem and thanks for the update.

• Like 2
Johnnie Mototrans
47 minutes ago, bros53 said:

A simple fault but not necessarily simple to find.

Always a good idea to backtrack to the last thing you did.

• Like 3
Defender
3 hours ago, Johnnie Mototrans said:

A simple fault but not necessarily simple to find.

Always a good idea to backtrack to the last thing you did.

Yes, but not always how people think, even those who should know better!