Front/Rear master cylinder repair kits

djsb

Is item 18 in this diagram the correct repair kit for the FRONT master cylinder?

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/750-MOTO/NC/2014/NC750XDE/Frame/FRONT-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-NC700XD-750XA-750XD-/71541/F_4_1/2/16221

And is item 13 in this diagram the correct repair kit for the REAR master cylinder

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/750-MOTO/NC/2014/NC750XDE/Frame/REAR-BRAKE-MASTER-CYLINDER-NC700XD-750XA-750XD-/71541/F_12_1/2/16221

£78 seems a bit excessive. Is it necessary to have to replace All the parts or is a kit with fewer parts available?

What have you used as replacement parts. How do I know if parts need replacing? Where can I buy just the seals? Thanks.

DCTPaul

Google or that auction site search the OE part number...

Chances are that the same parts are used on loads of Honda Models...

Also check somewhere like wemoto for a reputable patern part.

Whats the trouble? no pressure?

for £78 i would strip clean, check and reassemble... make sure ya refit wet with brake fluid.

Chances are its all gummed up with old fluid, especially the little bypass / transfer holes...

kayz1

WEMOTO do seals and stuff give them a call.

Johnnie Mototrans

Wemoto.

I bought kits tho they did not have the piston for the rear caliper available at the time.

The front was no bother at all.

But my rear caliper was in a hell of a state with none of the sliding parts moving at all.  Having all the bits to hand was brilliant.

However, you could always strip and clean all the bits then decide what you need to order.

The abs can take a bit of careful bleeding so get yourself a bigger bottle of brake fluid.

Good luck.

kayz1

I have a vacuum pump and suck the fluid through from top to bottom....one man job if you can get the fluid in fast enough...just need to pump with the leaver 2 or 3 times to get some fluid around the piston, then suck it through.Never had a problem with the ABS unit, but i do think i have been lucky..Mates pulling hair out at times with ABS units..