Nc750x rear brake lever adjustment

Theaaman

Hi guy’s. I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a 2018 Nc750x dct and loving it. Just a quick question, I’m finding that the rear brake pedal has excessive travel. Is it possible to adjust the brake rod on the rear brake cylinder. 

many thanks .Ashley 

Johnnie Mototrans

Perhaps needs fresh fluid bled through the system.

Then judge if any of the mechanism needs adjustment to suit your preferences.

Slowboy
35 minutes ago, Theaaman said:

Hi guy’s. I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a 2018 Nc750x dct and loving it. Just a quick question, I’m finding that the rear brake pedal has excessive travel. Is it possible to adjust the brake rod on the rear brake cylinder. 

many thanks .Ashley 

Yes, it’s a threaded rod into the master cylinder from the rear of the pedal. 

kayz1

But if you check the site you will find many think the rear brake to be a bit iffy..so is it that

making you think it goes down a lot and not do the stopping thing.. Just a thought before

you start looking for none faults as it where..

Lyn.

• Like 1
jeremyr62
31 minutes ago, kayz1 said:

But if you check the site you will find many think the rear brake to be a bit iffy.

Oh good. I thought it was just me. Possibly the worst back brake I have ever used. Wooden doesn't do it justice and is an insult to wood. Was going to try some HH pads in it to try to improve it. I can barely get the ABS to kick in without really stamping on it.

kayz1
2 hours ago, jeremyr62 said:

Oh good. I thought it was just me. Possibly the worst back brake I have ever used. Wooden doesn't do it justice and is an insult to wood. Was going to try some HH pads in it to try to improve it. I can barely get the ABS to kick in without really stamping on it.

That sounds about right :muttley: will let you no if the 21 model works any better on Friday, insurance starts then:niceone:

Grumpy old man

If you do adjust the pedal travel don't forget to adjust the brake light switch.

• Like 2
davebike

Put better pads in the OEM Nissan pads Honda supply are HORRID  I use EBC HH and as said threaded rod to adjust leaver hight

jeremyr62
7 minutes ago, davebike said:

Put better pads in the OEM Nissan pads Honda supply are HORRID  I use EBC HH and as said threaded rod to adjust leaver hight

OK, I will give it a go. Was going to try that. I have checked the calliper and all is OK there.

MatBin

What's a rear brake? :)

Do you mean the one that you use when you park up.

Edited by MatBin
  • Sigh 1