15.000 mile road test

Guest jorgegofio

Guest jorgegofio

No, I haven't done 15.000 miles in my first week with the bike. Just wanted to leave you this 25.000 km long term road test of the X. It's in Spanish but I'm sure you can easily translate with Google.

http://www.motocicli...-000-kilometros

In essence, no issues. Services at 1.000km, 12.000km and 24.000km, changing only oil and break pads in each service. Chain replaced but only due to the fact that it has had no maintenance whatsoever during the test. At least this is what the article says.

Bear in mind that this bike has been tested by many different riders and that it has been pushed to its limits.

Oh, the key was also replaced, apparently due to misuse by so many different riders.

Average mpg normal/test use - 53,4

Average mpg in efficient driving - 67,2

Enjoy.

poldark

The fuel consumption part of the test, with Google translation is below:

During the first 15,000 miles traveled by the NC700X,the average consumption stands at 4.4 liters , which meant an average range of 318 km according to the 14 liter fit in your tank. Therefore, when we have reached this test to Ecuador "marathon" because we spent about 80 fuel tanks, which also gives us an idea of the amount of miles that we made. Turning to consumption, to sedate rhythms make these easy drop of 4.0 litres/100 km. To cite an example, the lowest I've gotten has been from 3.5 litres/100 km, yes, practicing a very efficient driving. On the opposite side, we have met with a consumption of 6.2 litres/100 km, the highest of all thus far. This highway has been obtained, say that with the throttle in the "ON" continuously.

So the fuel summary in Imp Galls is:

Worst - 45.5 mpg

Best - 80.5 mpg

Ave - 64.0 mpg

Rocker66

Somebody must really have been pushing it to get the consumption down to 45.5 MPG

my worst fuel usage was in a trip from Santander to Mojacar in Spain after the 600 miles check i went on Holliday and crosed spain North to South ... went trough one of the lovely toll road (14 euros to get in ) two hours or so and I did not see a single vehicle ... did exactly the same the rev counter was a micro milimeter from the limiter for looooong time .... I thinks this guys really hamered that Ncx..

will be interested to see when they strip the bike on the 50 000 km ans see what suffer...

Won't take them long to reach that mileage.

Guest jorgegofio

Well, the fact is that when I picked up my NCS the dealer told me that the bike had already passed the 50.000km in flying colours, even though the results have yet to be published in the press.