The results of my ACF50 treatment by All Year Biker....

Guest Crusty
Go to solution Solved by ScaredyCat,

Hey guys.

A few pics of my ACF treatment, carried out today by Clive from All Year Biker at the event in Sudbury, Suffolk.

How do I think it looks? One word - Amazing! I'm over the moon how it turned out!

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike5100

• roddy

• Rev Ken

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys. A few pics of my ACF treatment, carried out today by Clive from All Year Biker at the event in Sudbury, Suffolk. How do I think it looks? One word - Amazing! I'm over the moon how it turne

Not at all. The dirtier the better! When I had mine done a guy rocked up on a moving mud cake. I think there was a motorbike under it somewhere...........

Looks very good, I may have to have my bike done.

I bought a can of ACF-50 but it foams up when you spray it so I can't get a misting effect, unless I'm doing something wrong!

Rev Ken

Yup, that is the 'normal' standard - and it will help you to just wash down the bike through the winter - as I've said - I'm a fan, and have been for 6 or 7 years since Roy was a one-man-band.

I did buy a can of ACF50 prior to booking with All Year Biker. However, once I read the reviews of their service I thought it would be 60 quid well spent. To his credit, Clive spent the best part of 3 hours prepping and treating my bike. He did a fabulous job.

As I will use my bike all year I think I will get it done both pre and post winter. Money well spent in my eyes.

He suggested keeping an ACF50 tainted rag in a zip lock bag for the occasional once over of critical parts during winter. He said the biggest mistake people make is using too much. A very fine film is all that is needed.

Definately a case of less is more.....

Guest motorboy

The bike really looks good and shiny but over here (USA) I don't know what ACF50 is at first reading about it on the site I thought it was like WD40 but after looking at your bike I dodn't know what it is please give more info..

Rocker66

It is a product designed to protect from corrosion and is used in the aircraft industry. It's very usefull in the UK due to the ammont of salt spread on our roads during the winter

It's a product from Canada, used extensively by the U.S. Air Force and others to protect their planes. It subsequently filtered down into mainstream use as a good product for protecting vehicles. I would have thought that being from that side of the pond it would be quite easy to get hold of over there?

Guest Big Den

Water has no effect and it repells water anyway, lasts very well provided you dont wash the bike with anything but cold water, your bike will look crap through the winter because it is an oily film all the road crap sticks to it but underneath will be as new when you clean it in the spring.

Mike5100

Denis is right in that water has no effect and acf50 repels it, but I was told by the professional appliers (allyearbiker) that cheap car shampoo gets dirt off without also taking off the ACF50. Also I have found that if you apply it as they suggest - very sparingly - you don't get the mucky clag

Mike

R dooo

Anyone recommend a place/someone to get mi bike done ACF'd with the stuff down East Sussex way? Commuting weekly and bike always getting covered in shite! :frantics:

Wiped clean but a continual battle.

Paul

Mike5100

R dooo

Anyone recommend a place/someone to get mi bike done ACF'd with the stuff down East Sussex way? Commuting weekly and bike always getting covered in shite! :frantics:

Wiped clean but a continual battle.

Paul

Ivan Waters is based in Southampton - he's a good bloke and the allyearbiker franchisee 07525 202280

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading about the great results with ACF50 I use it myself but still a bit uncertain on one thing? After a ride I generally give the bike a very quick hose down with cold water and once a week spray muck off to give it a bit of a deeper clean. Does this counteract the ACF50?. Its expensive stuff so to wash it all off when you clean the bike seems a bit of a waste. Is the alternative not to clean and keep the bike dirty which I am not keen on as I quite like to keep the bike shiny looking as much as I can.

Sorry just read the above posts will only use a mild car shampoo seems the way to go.

Mike5100

...and allyearbiker will tell you that it's perfectly OK to use a powerwasher as long as you are sensible (ie don't blast the wheel bearings or hold it so close you take the paint off. I bought an expensive Karcher and wrecked it last year when the temps fell to -10. Went and bought a bottom of the range one on a Wednesday morning at B&Q (10% discount :D ) and it cost me £42. It's absolutely fine and has a little suction pipe that I use with cheap halfords shampoo. Now I try to remember to run all the water out of the karcher before putting it away in the garage.

Mike

Had my bike done today by Mick Morris from All Year Biker, based near Worcester.

He took a good two and half hours to clean my bike, that was covered in crud. The effort that goes into the cleaning, and the end result, are worth the £60 alone, but when you consider the protection you are getting, its a real no brainer.

He even took the seat off to get the ACF50 onto the underseat area!

Mick was a really nice guy, rides a 1300 Pan and a Blackbird (both of them mint), and makes great tea and coffee!

His contact details are on the All Year Biker site.

My results where the same as Crusty's above, so I'll only post the one pic.

IMG_20121109_160508.jpg

• 1 month later...

R doooo all

Just had mine done today at P and H Motorcycles, Crawley. Good job done, well worth the £40 and the ride up from the Eastbourne.

AND theres somebody down my street just got a red NC700X with topbox.....I'll have to make contact and say hello!!! :D

Paul