NC700S Horn

steelhorseuk

steelhorseuk

Hi all

Any of you clever NC owners out there have any idea what the standard fitted (pathetic) warning horn Db is?

I found a replacement that sounds at 110Db as I have some concern about not being heard. (from experience)

I sent Honda UK an EMail but they were hopeless. Cheers...

I tried it the other day as never used it .... 1 db me thinks :)

Guest jdearauj

Hi all

Any of you clever NC owners out there have any idea what the standard fitted (pathetic) warning horn Db is?

I found a replacement that sounds at 110Db as I have some concern about not being heard. (from experience)

I sent Honda UK an EMail but they were hopeless. Cheers...

Is it a direct replacement or a additional horn like the Screaming Banshee?

I ordered a Wolo Bad Boy and will have it installed by the dealer. The stock horn is really weak .. although the aftermarket manufacturer claims of sound levels are ridiculous. Probably measured from 1 cm away..

I hope it will be possible to install it without problems, as it is quite a bit larger than the original one.

Edited by Emil
steelhorseuk

JDA, its a replacement part I think made by moto-tiempo, (italy) 12v with adjustable pitch so they say.

Very red!! wil stand out a bit aswell as it is 90mm in diameter.

Found it on that web site named after a huge river in South America for a tenner

Guest mrmoose

I found a 110db suitable horn on a well known auction site when I thought of upgrading mine only to have a closer look on the rear of the horn bracket on my S to see it marked 110db. :doh:

Rev Ken

I've fitted a Nautilus - it is LOUD but don't know how easy it is to fit to a NC700. If you are upgrading your horn I agree that fitting a relay is necessary if you want to avoid burning out your horn button. You might need a thicker wire to power the horn as my original wires look pretty thin to handle the extra current.

These horns need a direct connection to the battery and a relay, which is included. I'm just wondering if it will fit because the 700's cover doesn't leave much space there.

All the Jap and Italian firms seem to fit crap horns and they certainly aren't bothered about improving the situation. The best standard horn (by quite some margin) that I've ever come across is fitted to harleys.

Rev Ken

All the Jap and Italian firms seem to fit crap horns and they certainly aren't bothered about improving the situation. The best standard horn (by quite some margin) that I've ever come across is fitted to harleys.

With the noise they make I wonder if they need horns - but thinking it through if the horn has to be heard above the exhaust, it would have to be loud.... :pinch:

Edited by Rev Ken
Rocker66

Standard HD exhaustas are not that loud its the after market ones fitted that are loud. Admitidly some of these are genuine HD products

I was talking about standard horns Rocker. Harley horns are certainly louder than a standard horn on a Jap bike.... People can fart louder than a Jap bike horn....lol

Edited by wozza
Rocker66

I was talking about standard horns Rocker. Harley horns are certainly louder than a standard horn on a Jap bike.... People can fart louder than a Jap bike horn....lol

I was actualy replying to Kens comment about HDs being loud

• 4 weeks later...
Rev Ken
I can fart louder than most horns :D  Sorry to lower the tone, even if I did raise the volume.....

But only if you take the baffles out...... :fear:

• Like 1