12 month service

kayz1

kayz1

Had the 12 month service done on the Ugly scoot on Friday 1.5hours and asked for the clutch filter tobe changed as well.

£130 all in, i did not think that too high. They have been all over the bike as i have little PINK :pirate:  paint dots on nuts and bolts

also cleaned and waxed the chain.

Lyn.

£130.......very good indeed. If mine's comes to something similar I'll be a happy happy. :)

Guest scrumpymike

FYI, copied over from my post on 'Annual Service' topic:

Just for info, I thought the £146 quoted by my local dealer (Branson's in Yeovil) was a bit steep compared with the £116 charged by supplying dealer, Doble's, for my 600-ml service. Given that I haven't done the mileage for a valve-clearance re-set, I couldn't see why the cost should be any different. Anyway, I rang Doble's to get a price from them and they quoted £153!! The explanation given was that Honda's standard labour times for for the 600-ml and 'short' annual services are 1 hr and 1.5 hrs respectively. So, assuming all other things are equal (which they may not be), the £37 difference between the 2 Doble's quotes equates to half-an-hour's labour at their 'Greater London' rates and the £7 less quoted by Branson's for the annual service is down to their cheaper West Country rates. Obviously, I'll be going local.

Dealer pricing seems to be all over the place! - what are Honda playing at?!

kayz1

I did have my clutch filter changed as well for that price, i thought it a good deal as on the ugly scoot the side plastics have to come off, and that is one mother of a job.

Lyn.