Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blackbird

Tucano Urbano handlebar muffs

Guest Blackbird

Winter is approaching out here in the colony, so I got myself a pair of Tucano Urbano handlebar muffs.

This model, the R365, is specific to the Integra. The fit is very neat; there is even an allowance on the right hand muff for the two cables running out from under the controls.

The control layouts are also printed onto the muffs.

IMG_1917.JPG

bluemak

As I've said before they look silly but work well.  Summer gloves in sub-zero!

Guest Stu

The control layouts are also printed onto the muffs.

Awesome !

road runner

Plus 1 for muffs! Tucano or Bagster are good. Also if it makes the bike look naff, all the better, as it deters the 'youngsters' from pinching your pride and joy. 

• Like 1

ourade22

I have the bigger Tucano muffs, yes they look naff but in the past I have tried all the other options like hand guards, heated grips, expensive winter gloves and the muffs beat them all and are a bargain at £50.

They also keeps hands dry and can be fitted or removed in minutes.

Cheers Ade.

Peterpoddy

Tucano make great muffs. We bought these for our Vespa GT200, I then had them on my Piaggio X10 and now they're on my NC.

Rather eye catching, but very neat because of the absence of straps etc flapping around and very wind proof. It was -2 degrees on my weather station when I set off this morning and I was fine in my spring/autumn gloves. :)

11953723493_48e6c288ec_b.jpg

NC 700x muffs by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Guest andyrooster

Tucano make great muffs. We bought these for our Vespa GT200, I then had them on my Piaggio X10 and now they're on my NC.

Rather eye catching, but very neat because of the absence of straps etc flapping around and very wind proof. It was -2 degrees on my weather station when I set off this morning and I was fine in my spring/autumn gloves. :)

How is it using the controls with the Tucano muffs on the X? I see that they are on the outside unlike some of the other muffs (The integra ones, Givi muffs etc)

Rocker66

Are the stripes reflective?

Guest andyrooster

Rocker66 - I've got your old bike! Bought it at the beginning of August.

• Like 1

Rocker66

I assume you worked that out from the reg number. How are you enjoying it?

Any chance of a picture?

Guest andyrooster

I assume you worked that out from the reg number. How are you enjoying it?

Any chance of a picture?

Yes I see some pictures you put on here a while back. You put a good selection of extras on it, cheers for that!

I'm liking it, 3500 miles in and its exactly what I need for my 120 mile (round trip) commute.

This picture is from the day it was delivered, not taken any since and its dirty at the moment!

2013_08_08_13_07_49.jpg

Rocker66

Good to see the old girl. I'm glad that it has gone to someone who is putting plenty of miles on her

Peterpoddy

How is it using the controls with the Tucano muffs on the X? I see that they are on the outside unlike some of the other muffs (The integra ones, Givi muffs etc)

Fine. You get used to it. If you've got a decent indicator switch like the NCX has, it's no issue. I can get to every button, including the hazard switch which I use in heavy traffic on the M3 nearly every day!

Peterpoddy

Are the stripes reflective?

Dunno. My wife thinks drives see them easily though. I just like the design!

Steve Blackdog

Does anyone know if the Tucano Urbano muffs for the Integra would also fit the NC700X DCT?  I quite like the naff diagram!

• Like 1

Steve Blackdog

Does anyone know if the Tucano Urbano muffs for the Integra would also fit the NC700X DCT?  I quite like the naff diagram!

I've answered my own question.  According to M&P you can't interchange them between models.  So I have ordered some NC700X ones and I'll see how I get on with them. I can't be doing with cold fingers.

Derek_Mac

I've answered my own question.  According to M&P you can't interchange them between models.  So I have ordered some NC700X ones and I'll see how I get on with them. I can't be doing with cold fingers.

I would have thought the only 'issue' might be the handbrake, which would probably be the case even with the muffs specifically for the non DCT versions of the NC700 models.

I'm waiting to see how you get on with them before making a purchase of my own.    ;)

Steve Blackdog

I would have thought the only 'issue' might be the handbrake, which would probably be the case even with the muffs specifically for the non DCT versions of the NC700 models.

I'm waiting to see how you get on with them before making a purchase of my own.    ;)

I can't remember the last time I used the hand brake - thanks for reminding me it has one!!

The muffs are coming tomorrow so I will report back.

Mokel

Hey Steve, give us a shout when you've given them a chance on the motorway. My Oxford muffs will try to push the brake lever down when under such wind/air pressure. Be interesting to see whether these tucanos cope with that. Enjoy!

putz

got the integra ones with the printed controls on my nc 700s and fit and work great, the wind does push the left hand muff in as no clutch lever ,dct, but does not cause a problem . Been great in winter up and down a2 into london, with no or a very light glove , as i have hot grips.

• Like 1

Derek_Mac

got the integra ones with the printed controls on my nc 700s and fit and work great, the wind does push the left hand muff in as no clutch lever ,dct, but does not cause a problem . Been great in winter up and down a2 into london, with no or a very light glove , as i have hot grips.

Thanks for the info, I'll just order mine now then. :)

Mmm, don't know if I'll be brave enough to ride with no gloves though as I can still remember falling of my old Raleigh bike when I was a kid.   :fear:

Edited by Derek_Mac

putz

my bike is a nc700 s , but the x must be the same, They are the neoprene ones and are a bit of a stretch first fit and pull right over and velcro around , held in by bar end screw. Hopefully they will be coming off soon ready for the better weather. You guys are made off tough stuff up there , never new you even wore gloves. :)

Steve Blackdog

Well, the standard NC700X TC muffs don't fit with the DCT controls - you can't get to the paddles and the Auto/Manual switch.  So they are going back. I still think the Integra ones will fit.  I'll look at the service manual and try and work it out.

Steve Blackdog

Bugger, wish I'd gone with my hunch and got the Integra ones!

Steve Blackdog

Sorry to triple post - Putz - you say the muff folds in the wind.  The NC700X ones that I am sending back have a plastic band that goes around the inside of the front to keep them in shape.  Is that different with the integra muffs?