what have you had fixed under warranty ?

kbull

hi guys , someone pointed out that my warranty may be void as ive been changing my bike around ,  my dealer is pretty cool so I think I may be ok but just in case :

what have you guys needed repaired under warranty ??

gives me some idea what I may have sort out if the worst happens ?#

cheers

Kenny.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelhorseuk

• Rocker66

• Scootabout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just read through the whole thread and there doesn't seem to be a recurring problem that is letting the NC's down, there are obviously the issues that some owners are having (most appear to be on

My bike's been very good so far, I've only have to replace an indicator bulb.........I hope it remains this reliable..

Edited by wozza
ste7ios

A general rule... Usually you don't have any problems during a warranty period. Any problem will appear the next day it expires!

steelhorseuk

Mines on second chain and sprocket set and swing arm. < 3000 miles completed 

Guest seanmc

Had the Chain replaced under recall and had a new wiring harness fitted.

My ignition lights used to come on and off all the time especially on a slightly bumpy road, Eventually sourced the problem to the wires being pinched against a bolt head under the not the tank tank.. new harness fitted, no questions asked

michael

Only thing discovered is a fastener on the plastic chain guard that backed off and drifted away.

Nothing other than the chain recall and just coming up to 10,000 miles since August 2012, haven't even changed the tyres yet, they've got about 2mm of tread left at the moment.

Guest Flighttime

New dash fitted at 13K due to moisture (fogging). And my metzeler tyres need replacing at 14K.. must be faulty? surely they should last forever :getlost:

Guest billc700s

Do you remember the old Ford Cortina's or Dagenham Dustbins as we used to call them? It used to be said if you had a lot of work done on your new car it had been built on the Friday as they had a job and knock policy and if they completed the days quota they could finish early, needless to say some things got missed and short cuts taken to get off early sounds like yours was built by the same crew.

Only chain recall done on mine touch wood everything else is fine.

Scootabout

Can someone tell me when they stopped fitting the dodgy chains that had to be recalled?

Guest Black Knight

Maybe I've got one, as mine stretched like an elastic band after only 325 miles!!   My machine was registered new on 1st June though, so it should have the new replacement already fitted.

steelhorseuk

Do you remember the old Ford Cortina's or Dagenham Dustbins as we used to call them? It used to be said if you had a lot of work done on your new car it had been built on the Friday as they had a job and knock policy and if they completed the days quota they could finish early, needless to say some things got missed and short cuts taken to get off early sounds like yours was built by the same crew.

Only chain recall done on mine touch wood everything else is fine.

I suspect you could be right Bill! :cry:

Its being fixed again on Friday . Chain again is knackered and Honda have to make a decidion about the swingarm replacement.

Had a look at a Yamaha Fazer8 (ABS) yesterday as a possible replacement next month.  Yamaha are doing 0% on new one with a £1000 off the asking price. 

Also, the dealer knocked a bit more off. The trade-In isnt brilliant, got offered £3800 with all the extras removed though ...   

Simon, I am not confident that the replacement chains are not dodgy judging by my experiences to date! Sorry I cannot be more upbeat about this but this bike for me has been ruined by the continuing chain malfunctions I have experienced. Don't let it put you off though its just bad luck I guess. Many NC owners on here have had no problems. I guess they were not built on a Friday afternoon!!

Mark

Guest lesj48

just got home after picking the bike up , it appears to have done the trick , so far it's running fine-and long may it continue to do so , they have fitted a new ecu and key set which must have been the problem , i also pointed out an apparent 'split' in the paintwork on the rear wheel so they have taken a photo of it to send to honda to see if a replacement is warranted and will let me know what the result is as soon as they can- so apart from the hassle of having the bike  breakdown etc i must admit HUNTS have del't with the issue in a very friendly and professional way , which has been a breath of fresh air from other dealers ,so i think a hearty ''WELL DONE and THANK YOU''  goes to HUNTS M/C .

Scootabout

Only chain recall done on mine touch wood everything else ..

Simon, I am not confident that the replacement chains are not dodgy judging by my experiences to date! Sorry I cannot be more upbeat about this but this bike for me has been ruined by the continuing chain malfunctions I have experienced. Don't let it put you off though its just bad luck I guess. Many NC owners on here have had no problems. I guess they were not built on a Friday afternoon!!

Mark

That sounds like an absolute nightmare, Mark. I don't blame you in the circumstances for looking to buy another bike. I hope this isn't going to turn out to be a widespread problem. A couple of little anecdotes, FWTAW:

- dealer who did my first service last week said NC chains are typically knackered after 10k miles

- another dealer (Tippetts Honda) to whom I would have entrusted the service had they not been booked up for 10 days, said 8k service intervals are unrealistic for London commuters because of the stress it causes to the bike: "they come in with chains dragging along the ground".