what have you had fixed under warranty ?

kbull

Guest kedzis

i am going to make few warranty claims tomorrow: today throttle suddenly snapped(there is too much of free play - like 360 degrees)-not a nice feeling, especially when commuting in central London, heated grips were previously fitted so maybe something was installed wrong, i have also noticed that left panel of  the tail section is not fitted properly(sticking out), rubber seal of the "not the tank" is broken, there are some little holes or dips in one quarter of front rotor(could be potentially dangerous), there are also few parts rusting already(rear brake lever, gear lever, bolts on the handle bar), also rear seat locking mechanism needs some adjustment, apart from that i am very happy with the bike ( 6k miles, 9 months old), do you think i can claim rusted parts?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelhorseuk

• Rocker66

• Scootabout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just read through the whole thread and there doesn't seem to be a recurring problem that is letting the NC's down, there are obviously the issues that some owners are having (most appear to be on

Huskyteer

My bike went in for a routine service on Wednesday. Then I got a phone call to say they'd opened the transmission cover to check valve clearances and found the cam chain tensioner was broken. It's the second time they've seen this on an Integra and they've put it in as a warranty claim - good.

BUT: the replacement part didn't turn up today, and I'm supposed to be on the 9:50 Eurotunnel tomorrow morning for the start of a 2-week holiday. Chiswick Honda have said it'll come tomorrow and they'll make the service their first priority, but even if all that is true it'll mean a later start and longer day than anticipated. Grrr.

Scootabout

do you think i can claim rusted parts?

I don't know the answer to that, but ACF50 is your friend :)
Scootabout

My bike went in for a routine service on Wednesday. Then I got a phone call to say they'd opened the transmission cover to check valve clearances and found the cam chain tensioner was broken. It's the second time they've seen this on an Integra and they've put it in as a warranty claim - good.

BUT: the replacement part didn't turn up today, and I'm supposed to be on the 9:50 Eurotunnel tomorrow morning for the start of a 2-week holiday. Chiswick Honda have said it'll come tomorrow and they'll make the service their first priority, but even if all that is true it'll mean a later start and longer day than anticipated. Grrr.

Bad luck, and good luck, as it were!
Guest kedzis

i think it is still unacceptable that 9 month old bike is covered by rust - it shows how Honda is cutting costs on poor quality materials

Edited by kedzis
Scootabout

i think it is still unacceptable that 9 month old bike is covered by rust - it shows how Honda is cutting costs on poor quality materials

2 levers and a few bolts. I'm not sure that qualifies as "covered by rust"?

Guest kedzis

irust is in more places, these which i mentioned were the most visible, i had almost no rust at all on my previous Honda CB1KR and  i have done over 35k miles, my NC7X has now 6k..

Guest kedzis

I have just received an update from my dealer regarding warranty claims:

-the throttle cable has snapped(apparently the earliest replacement will come on 23th August!!!, can you believe it?, they are looking for some solution, as bike is not safe to ride at the moment, and i need motorcycle to get to work)

-left fairing has been re-fitted,

-tank/rear seat locking mechanism has been lubricated,

-new parts have been ordered for replacement including: front brake disc, gear lever, rear brake lever, clutch mechanism on the top of clutch cover, bolts

-i was also told that clutch will be adjusted once throttle is fixed as at the moment bike is not safe to ride

-they also provided me courtesy bike for weekend and they will update me next week  if they can source missing parts or provide me replacement bike until they can sort everything out.

I am very happy with customer service so far, lets hope it will stay this way and they can source and fit all parts quickly. This is customer service i expect from such a big manufacturer as Honda. Even if there is a problem with bike they are doing everything to sort it out and to keep customer happy. My last motorcycle was Honda, if they keep me happy my next one will be most probably Honda too. Unfortunately not every dealer understands how important is after sale customer service. I remember i went once to a dealer for warranty claim with other bike and they said that because it was registered two weeks before it was sold(nobody told me that) my warranty was expired(by two days!), if they helped me then, i would buy my next motorcycle from them, but they didn't so i sold that bike as soon as i could and i bought Honda.

Rev Ken

It's good that your dealer is giving good service, but I'm surprised at your list of faults which don't seem typical for Honda. I wonder if it has anything to do with a new model and initial manufacturing 'hiccups'?

Guest kedzis

It's good that your dealer is giving good service, but I'm surprised at your list of faults which don't seem typical for Honda. I wonder if it has anything to do with a new model and initial manufacturing 'hiccups'?

To be honest when i first saw NC700X in flesh, first thing i noticed were lower quality materials(compared to my CB1000R) and most of these cheaper parts corroded, no surprise here. I know that price of NC700X is 60% of CB1KR, but if Honda will use cheaper materials to cut the manufacturing costs, they will loose money on warranty claims, labour, etc. Possibly it will not be such a problem for good weather riders, or people in other countries where they cannot ride motorcycle whole year round due to the bad weather. I ride my motorcycle everyday(apart from the most extreme conditions) so my bike is exposed to all kind of weather. As long as the price is affordable and after sale service is good i can't complaint. 

Edited by kedzis
Guest tew47

Take your cable to a bicycle shop, they have plenty of cables that fit and they have the barrels for the ends of the cable. I have been do this for forty years.

Had mine since 1st September and only had to change the chain through the recall. Real happy with the bike :)

steelhorseuk

Take your cable to a bicycle shop, they have plenty of cables that fit and they have the barrels for the ends of the cable. I have been do this for forty years.

No way! Its Hondas job to sort it. Thats what statutory warranty is for. Consumer rights blah blah! If we start doing the warranty work for them whats next??

Also, you do stuff like this and you give dealers an excuse to say 'you voided the warranty mate'

Most Honda dealers are okay and meet the obligation. If any of them do not you can destroy these days with bad publicity.

Mark   

Guest kedzis

No way! Its Hondas job to sort it. Thats what statutory warranty is for. Consumer rights blah blah! If we start doing the warranty work for them whats next??

Also, you do stuff like this and you give dealers an excuse to say 'you voided the warranty mate'

Most Honda dealers are okay and meet the obligation. If any of them do not you can destroy these days with bad publicity.

Mark   

I completely agree, it is their job to sort it out. My dealer called me today and said that Honda rejected claims for rusty parts, and they apparently said it is my fault as i did not wash bike properly..(i had quiet few bikes already and never had such a problem after 6 months of using), i do not know about the rest of the claims because it seems like there is not communication between departments, they cannot borrow missing part from other bike as "they can sell it anytime" and so far Honda said waiting list for a throttle cable is 2 months! When my dealer asked Honda for replacement bike they said they cannot help, and will not even refund dealer for me using their courtesy bike.. so i do not know what to think.. at least i have replacement bike(for now, but i don't know for how long it will be provided). I will not be surprised if they reject the rest of the claims, i will keep you updated.

steelhorseuk

Yes, please keep us informed on your progress mate!

Mark

Guest tew47

The only reason for going to the bicycle shop was that you said you were going on a trip and the shop could not get you cable in time. If it was not under warranty that's what I have done,  cost a lot less.

Rocker66

Having read these stories I'm even happier that I have returned to riding a Deauville for my commute. In all my years riding Deauvilles my total list of problems is as followed.

1) 650 exhaust can replaced after high mileage including 3 hard winters

2) Fork seals changed on same bike

3 snapped throttle cable at exposed end

4) a blown rear light bulb

Not bad for 10 years of all year round riding. I'm not convinced that my NC would have survived as well. I guess you get what you pay for

sorry if the above offend anyone but that's how I feel

Guest kedzis

The only reason for going to the bicycle shop was that you said you were going on a trip and the shop could not get you cable in time. If it was not under warranty that's what I have done,  cost a lot less.

I was not going for the trip , it was the other guy..

steelhorseuk

Having read these stories I'm even happier that I have returned to riding a Deauville for my commute. In all my years riding Deauvilles my total list of problems is as followed.

1) 650 exhaust can replaced after high mileage including 3 hard winters

2) Fork seals changed on same bike

3 snapped throttle cable at exposed end

4) a blown rear light bulb

Not bad for 10 years of all year round riding. I'm not convinced that my NC would have survived as well. I guess you get what you pay for

sorry if the above offend anyone but that's how I feel

Hey Rocker66. no offence mate, youre dead right! The NC wont go the distance if mine is anything to go by! :cry:  

I am shocked how bad the quality is, even on a budget machine Honda normally do alot better.

Mark

Guest kentishtiger

A loose clutch plate burnt out the clutch after 800 miles, replaced under warranty within the week at 21st moto.

steelhorseuk

Update gents on the NC swing-Arm problem.

Honda are replacing mine, it appears that the powder coating has not been completed properly and therefore swing-arm is now showing bare metal and starting to rust.

The whole assembly is being replaced under warranty!

I suggest everyone just double check their own bike to make sure you do not have the same problem.

If you see signs of corrosion or bare metal showing , get it back to the dealer for a refit within the warranty period!

Mark

Edited by Smudger

Hi

Has anyone had problems with their speedo reading intermittently disappearing and the engine management light coming on? I have only 400 miles on the clock and it has been into the garage several times with the fault, but they don't seem to know quite what to do?!? However, they've cleaned all the connectors etc and I noticed today that the HISS light was flashing after switching the ignition off. I looked this up and sure enough it is meant to....well, I'm pretty sure it did not do this previously. Sooooo, I wander if the speedo was just one fault of a wider electrical problem?

Guest Old Man

I remember someone else posted simular issue. If I remember correctly it was the wiring loom trapped behind the not the tank. dammaged loom replaced under warranty.

Old man

ddazzler64

A couple of little anecdotes, FWTAW:

- dealer who did my first service last week said NC chains are typically knackered after 10k miles

- another dealer (Tippetts Honda) to whom I would have entrusted the service had they not been booked up for 10 days, said 8k service intervals are unrealistic for London commuters because of the stress it causes to the bike: "they come in with chains dragging along the ground".

In London i live and commute.  Spoke to Motoden about the chain and they adjusted it for free ( :D ) but told me it was stretched and the sprocket needed changing: 8,000 on the clock.  I will source the chain and sprocket on the web and get them to put it on, they seem happy to do this for me.

Any ideas as to which is the best and where to buy?

i shall search the forum to see if this is here already.