what have you had fixed under warranty ?

kbull

Guest kedzis

Ok, just to keep you updated- Honda rejected all my warranty claims apart from broken throttle cable. I bought second Honda bike as before H. meant quality and reliability to me. My CB1000R was fantastic. Quality of NC7X is far worse. I was going to buy Honda Civic (previous model) too, when i read about all problems with them i could not believe it. Well it may be my last Honda then.. They will save few hundred pounds on few new parts, but will loose potential customers and thousands of pounds on new bikes sales and servicing... Great thinking Honda! I am just waiting for other manufactures to create similar fuel efficient and practical bike in this price range..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelhorseuk

• Rocker66

• Scootabout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just read through the whole thread and there doesn't seem to be a recurring problem that is letting the NC's down, there are obviously the issues that some owners are having (most appear to be on

Been out on a 100 mile round trip today, got within 500 metres of home and the speedo disappeared AGAIN! Aarrgghh!! Back to the garage it goes! For what must be the fifth time with the same fault!

I'm going to trawl the old posts to try and find the post that Old Man referred to up ^^^^.

Any other ideas old also be appreciated. Thanks

steelhorseuk

Hi guys, update on mine!

New Swing-Arm being fitted Friday 19th.

Latest problem: The headlight assembly (shroud) has paint peeling off at a random rate.

Reported to Honda and they are awaiting the next set of digital photos to be sent in by my dealer.

Sixth visit back to dealer within first 3k of bikes life for warranty work!

I am now awaiting compensation payment from Honda UK for the inconveniance.

Wonder whats next? As soon as warranty expires this bike is history!

Mark

Guest kedzis

I just spoke with one courier today, he was on NC700S with 15k on the clock and said he had to change already 2 clutches and 3 rear sprockets or 3 clutches and two rear spockets..(i believe it was his company bike)

Guest br700x

In a year and 4k miles my X has had the chain replaced and the left hand switch gear both replaced under warranty. Other than that not a blip, touch wood. Going for it's annual service next week, so will know then if anything else comes up.

Guest kedzis

I have just received my NC7X, All waranty claims had been rejected apart from broken throttle cable. i looked at the bike, first thing i have noticed was missing bolt on the side grey panel, i went back to the dealer and asked for mechanic, he came to me and said"guess what!, we found one bolt left after repairing your bike, we could not find out where it was from.." WTF? They had bike for almost 3 weeks, just to replace throttle cable, they called my 3 days later then they supposed to. Can you believe it? They could not find out where it was from? What if it was holding something really important? Maybe they should tell me about that in first place? On the top of that i think they scratched side panel under the tank - about 2 inch long scratch, on the panel they had to remove to get to the throttle cable - i cannot prove it though. Everytime i go there there is some problem(last time they put me wrong tyres!), and they prices are like the highest in Central London, and they are 50 miles away.Nevermind, i am glad i have my bike back as i was missing it a lot.Even though i was using NC7S (i have done about 700 miles on it, and when i collected the bike it has mileage below 700), i missed the comfort of the seat, and the sound of my exhaust. Firs thing i have noticed was how higher X is compared to S and how softer seat is.I am glad i have my bike back but i am not happy about Honda. Possibly it is my the last Honda bike(well, never say never).

Edited by kedzis
Rocker66

Maybe you should try a better dealer rather than blame Honda

Guest kedzis

Maybe you should try a better dealer rather than blame Honda

Regarding warranty claims and quality of NC7X 's parts i blame Honda as my dealer took all pictures and sent them to Honda, dealer offered me courtesy bike for almost 3 weeks, apparently Honda even refused to cover their cost of courtesy bike, Honda rejected claims. Regarding pricing, mistakes, punctuality etc. this dealer let me down on few occasions, i always shop around and check different places before i do service, etc. but in this case it was warranty claim so i did not have to worry about money, and they offered courtesy bike which helped a lot. 

Rocker66

In all the years Sue and I have owned Hondas we have had very few claims but every one has been efficiently dealt with. On  Sues Hornet involving the frame was even honoured well out of the warranty period. We have certainly had less problems getting warranty work done than my BMW owning friend has. Mind you I think that how the dealer handles it makes a big difference

Guest kedzis

In all the years Sue and I have owned Hondas we have had very few claims but every one has been efficiently dealt with. On  Sues Hornet involving the frame was even honoured well out of the warranty period. We have certainly had less problems getting warranty work done than my BMW owning friend has. Mind you I think that how the dealer handles it makes a big difference

You are most probably right

Rocker66

That's why it's a good idea to find a really good dealer and build up a relationship with them

Guest motorboy

Well after my chain gave up early I paid for a better one,now the counter shaft sprocket howls and Honda wants $50 for a new one more than the rear sprocket so a little talk and Honda warrantied the sprocket--what a deal--

steelhorseuk

Hi guys, update on mine!

New Swing-Arm being fitted Friday 19th.

Latest problem: The headlight assembly (shroud) has paint peeling off at a random rate.

Reported to Honda and they are awaiting the next set of digital photos to be sent in by my dealer.

Sixth visit back to dealer within first 3k of bikes life for warranty work!

I am now awaiting compensation payment from Honda UK for the inconveniance.

Wonder whats next? As soon as warranty expires this bike is history!

Mark

Update for anyone interested.

Dealer stripped bike down without checking what Honda had actually sent. Turned out the new replacement swing arm was damaged and parts were not ordered that the Honda mechanics needed.

Sad for me as I wanted the bike over the weekend as I had plans with friends for travelling and the Monday off.

Dealer offered me a scooter as a run around which I rejected because I have a pillion so ended up changing my weekend plans.

After some time the dealer offered me a used VFR to use which was great but too late for me as I had made other non motorcycling plans with my GF during the time it took them to offer me another ride!!.

Bike still at dealers, 2nd swing-arm turned up today more damaged than the first! still no bike to ride!

3rd swing arm now coming from Europe somewhere. ETA Thursday earliest, bike to be ready by weekend?!?!

Honda still to sort out paint peeling off the headlight shroud. Thats next for them.

I have not had the bike back long enough to see if the new chain and sprockets replaced at the last trip to the dealer are any good yet!

Bikes done 200 miles since that was completed.

Have had the bike a year next month and only managed to cover 2,500 miles in that time.

Honda have now asked me for the dealers details and escalated my problems to customer relations for resolving. 

The word compensation is being mentioned!!

I am hoping to have everything sorted for the Brackley motorcycle festival next month but I am rapidly losing the will to live with this Honda.

Mark

ps, I am not laying blame at the dealer but between the dealer and Honda UK it seems there are problems.

Edited by Smudger
Guest billc700s

I would say whoever is the parts storage/supplier for Honda UK is at fault, if the swingarms were damaged when arriving from manufacturers they should never have been stocked. If they are damaged after that then they need to check their storeage and shipping methods as they are easilly damaged and should be well packed, but I'll bet they were wrapped in bubblewrap and given to the cheapest courier they could find to deliver to the dealer.

I used to work for BMW wharehouse and GS frames were coming in from Germany boxed but no strength in the packing we rejected loads as they put them in crates with heavy items on top so they all got bent in transit, only when they packed a special in a light crate did one arrive intact for a very irate customer, after that they all shipped in individual shipping crates a very expensive lesson for BMW.

steelhorseuk

Hi Bill, yes, I have seen the packaging and it is not robust enough for sure!

I've just read through the whole thread and there doesn't seem to be a recurring problem that is letting the NC's down, there are obviously the issues that some owners are having (most appear to be one off's) but there doesn't seem to be any common underlying problems that is affecting the NC range.

There have been several mentions of chains & sprockets, but that can be affected by riding style, maintenance etc, I've done 10k on the originals with no sign of the needing replacement. That problem is not uncommon with other bikes as well, you've only got to browse Autotrader to see low milage bikes advertised as having new chains/sprockets fitted. 

I've been very pleased with mine and it would be of more relevance if we had a poll/graph that showed number of owners/length of ownership/number of problems.

This thread is always going to read poorly for the NC range as it only focuses on what's gone wrong.

• Like 1
Guest PCBlock

I've just read through the whole thread and there doesn't seem to be a recurring problem that is letting the NC's down, there are obviously the issues that some owners are having (most appear to be one off's) but there doesn't seem to be any common underlying problems that is affecting the NC range.

There have been several mentions of chains & sprockets, but that can be affected by riding style, maintenance etc, I've done 10k on the originals with no sign of the needing replacement. That problem is not uncommon with other bikes as well, you've only got to browse Autotrader to see low milage bikes advertised as having new chains/sprockets fitted. 

I've been very pleased with mine and it would be of more relevance if we had a poll/graph that showed number of owners/length of ownership/number of problems.

This thread is always going to read poorly for the NC range as it only focuses on what's gone wrong.

Excellent idea on the Poll - that would be an effective way to balance out the inevitable highlighting of problems rather than just plain ol trouble free service in the forum. In reading the US forum as well there are no common reoccurring issues since the chain recall, and plenty of high mileage examples. Not wanting to put anyone off from posting about issues though, just good to keep it in perspective. 

Edited by PCBlock
Rocker66

I think one of the problems is that some of us older riders have experianced Honda quality at it's best or have at least heard of it and I'm sorry to say that whilst the NC is a good bike it is not built to that quality. I guess the old saying "You get what you pay for" is proven once again

steelhorseuk

Update:

Bike still with dealer. Been there for 7 days now. Forgotten what it looks like!  

Slowboy

I think one of the problems is that some of us older riders have experianced Honda quality at it's best or have at least heard of it and I'm sorry to say that whilst the NC is a good bike it is not built to that quality. I guess the old saying "You get what you pay for" is proven once again

Just to cheer the general mood, I got a new chain under warranty at 500 miles and ..er...that's it. No rust, no peeling paint, no badly fitted panels or broken seals and after 6000 miles that's it. The bike runs better now it's got a few miles under its wheels and yes it gets used pretty much all year and in all weathers. I certainly got what I paid for, a proper honest to goodness bargain. Thought it might clear some of the gloom.

Edited by slowboy
steelhorseuk

Just to cheer the general mood, I got a new chain under warranty at 500 miles and ..er...that's it. No rust, no peeling paint, no badly fitted panels or broken seals and after 6000 miles that's it. The bike runs better now it's got a few miles under its wheels and yes it gets used pretty much all year and in all weathers. I certainly got what I paid for, a proper honest to goodness bargain. Thought it might clear some of the gloom.

Thanks Brian.  I am glad the majority are not experiencing the same list of problems as me and it is probably just my rotten luck to have bought a rogue.

I have owned a list of bikes in my time but this one has spent most of its life in the dealers workshop than on the road.

Even my Suzukis were more robust and I never thought I would hear myself say that!

Looks like I am bikeless for yet another weekend of these fantastic riding days!

steelhorseuk

Bike is now back with me. hooray I hear you shout, he might stop these blogs now.

New swing arm is fitted but I learned from the Honda mechanic who now knows me so well we are on first name terms etc and keeps apologising to me. The unit is not even powder coated and just painted so its pot luck how long this one will last. Honda throw the money at bikes like the VFR and CBRseries not the cheap end. Well, obviously!

I am just waiitng for it to go back to the dealer for 7th time for warranty work (a replacement Headlight shroud because the paint is peeling off badly)

The dealer has been sympathetic and admitted that they have never seen so many problems on just one bike!! All genuine problems and not me being hyper-picky.

I have polled the problems with several mates who ride and they all concluded it was not me being picky.

I even have my own Honda UK customer relations manager assigned to my bike. Nice girl who is working on my compensation package.

Took out a 2013 CBR600F on Saturday as a possible replacement, it really looks much better built but then it is £7K.

See what Honda come up with in their package as to whether I replace the NC with another Honda model. 

Mark

Rocker66

Glad that it's all finally getting sorted

steelhorseuk

Glad that it's all finally getting sorted

Thank you Rocker66.