Scotoiler

Guest russ27

Guest russ27

Hi guys

Can anyone help with the settings on my Scootoiler, its the electronic type with the display on the bars.

I am getting a lot of oil spray on the chain guard and back of the number plate not to mention the oil on the wheel, not sure what the setting should be so if you have one and can let me know the settings you have on yours I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Russell

Guest russ27

Thanks guys

I will have a look when I get home, bike in for its first service on Thursday, hope to have it back for weekend but Preston Honda you never know.

Looking forward to Oulton Park in August for BSB, anyone else going for the weekend let me know.  :D

ColinB , I was wondering why you said 'Dump it' are automatic oilers not good? surely they help prolong the life of the chain without pissing about with spray and lubes? I don't have one but was contemplating fixing one on the bike but you have made me curious why I shouldn't bother?

Guest Afroboy70

Hey Roddy, there are some other threads on this topic

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/4155-tuturo-oiler-owners-your-comments-please/?hl=oiler

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/3194-tutoro-chain-oiler/?hl=oiler

IMO the tuturo auto oiler has been a great addition. I commute in central london every day and even with the best quality lube and a weekly clean the chain would get all kinds of gunk stuck too it. Also, I dont buy the argument "its only a 20 second job" that doesnt take into account getting all the kit in the first place, going out in the rain if you don't have a garage, cleaning the rag you use to wipe the chain down etc etc.

The oiler has been a truely labour saving purchase that has kept the chain and sprokets in much better condition that a manual lube clean routine.

Dont hesitate, order one today! (photos on my gallery if you want to see how it looks)

Edited by Afroboy70
Guest jdearauj

Hey Roddy, there are some other threads on this topic

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/4155-tuturo-oiler-owners-your-comments-please/?hl=oiler

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/3194-tutoro-chain-oiler/?hl=oiler

IMO the tuturo auto oiler has been a great addition. I commute in central london every day and even with the best quality lube and a weekly clean the chain would get all kinds of gunk stuck too it. Also, I dont buy the argument "its only a 20 second job" that doesnt take into account getting all the kit in the first place, going out in the rain if you don't have a garage, cleaning the rag you use to wipe the chain down etc etc.

The oiler has been a truely labour saving purchase that has kept the chain and sprokets in much better condition that a manual lube clean routine.

Dont hesitate, order one today! (photos on my gallery if you want to see how it looks)

I totally agree.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for Scottoilers here, too.  I have had them consistently on bikes since 1999.  When properly set up - which is not difficult - they are a truly labour saving device not to mention a chain life extender.  My XJR1300 is still on its original chain at 40k with plenty of adjustment left and it still looks nearly as new. 

To the point, I have the electronic oiler on the NC.  At the mo, with warmish weather, it's on 1 drop per 40 seconds which is fine.  When it's raining I periodically put it onto 'prime' which gives a good splurt of oil for 60 seconds.

Guest chickenflaps

YEP - Tutoro is fab.  very simple, nicely made and easy to fit (no electrics, no vacuum from intake).  totally recommend it.

Slowboy

YEP - Tutoro is fab.  very simple, nicely made and easy to fit (no electrics, no vacuum from intake).  totally recommend it.

+1 here top kit

• 7 years later...
jeremyr62

Zombie thread update!