questionable honda quality ???

Guest lesj48

Guest lesj48

while cleaning my integra the other week - i found this on my rear wheel , what do you think ?, the bike has done 4 1/2 k in 14 months honda seem to think it is a ''deep scratch'' and not a warranty issue ,however as the edges are sharp and you can see the metal underneath and the paint is obviously split/cracked ,i am going to contact honda directly as the metal underneath may have a defect or even be cracked its self                                                                                                                      2013-07-01182920_zps9a1bd53b.png

steelhorseuk

That my friend is clearly a defect and that wheel should be replaced by Honda!

Go direct to Honda UK if your dealer is being a dick about it.

Mark

• Like 1

Ditto Smudger's comment - that is not a scratch, that wheel is splitting and needs to be replaced ASAP!

Rev Ken

It certainly looks defective, and not just a scratch! Agree - contact Honda!

bikerbampi

+1 on above, there is no way that that is a scratch of any sort.  Thanks for posting as we obviously all need to check our wheels for similar faults.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
Guest lesj48

That my friend is clearly a defect and that wheel should be replaced by Honda!

Go direct to Honda UK if your dealer is being a dick about it

the dealer was very apologetic about the fact that honda had rejected the claim and advised i contact honda directly, and that is what i will be doing shortly-i'll keep you posted

Cant't believe Honda rejected the claim, you need to get a bit firm/nasty with Honda on this one.

Does not surprise me Honda rejected that claim. When I had my PCX I made a claim as the finish on the rear wheel hub was coming off just after a few months. Honda claimed it was wear and tear even though I had only used the scooter on dry days....

Rocker66

We have never had any problems with Honda and warranty claims. They even fixed a problem with Sues  Hornet when it was just out of the warranty period. Being Honda we have had very few claims