Speedometer display disappearing - intermittent....help!!

Guest Isis

Hi Jacx, could you please write me what happened to your bike because Im having the same issue with my NC and no clue what to do. Thanks

MikeBike
12 minutes ago, iroc22 said:

Hi Jacx, could you please write me what happened to your bike because Im having the same issue with my NC and no clue what to do. Thanks

That was almost 7 years ago and looks lie he's not a member anymore.

My first try would be the connectore on the back of the dsh. I had some issues with it and the light coming on - took of the connector, sprayed in some contact cleaner, worked plug in and out of socket and was OK. Make sure rubber boot over socket and buttons are seated home properly when done.

Grumpy old man

I think there is a way of checking if your bike has or needs a recall I seem to remember all the early bikes had their speedos replaced yours might have been missed.  Try reading the thread through there might be mention.of it.

MikeBike
2 hours ago, Grumpy old man said:

I think there is a way of checking if your bike has or needs a recall I seem to remember all the early bikes had their speedos replaced yours might have been missed.  Try reading the thread through there might be mention.of it.

Yes, the VIN checker for Honda motorcycles is here:

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/recalls-and-updates.html

but IIRC the recall was for trip etc resetting or similar.. but worth checking for other recalls anyway - like the starter solenoid. And if due a new display because of the recall hopefully job done whatever the issue...

• Thanks 1