Anyone tried the Grease Ninja?

tc3

Thought I would give it a try so ordered one with the spray can kit. Less than 15 quid delivered sounds ok to me if it makes the lubing process less messy

Thanks Tony, I also ordered one although I only ordered the main unit and not the spray can kit.

I thought you had to have both but looks like I am wrong...

Guest Todd L.

This is what I use to lube my chain and after getting it adjusted properly it works great. The key is to play with different tubes/extensions to get it just right. Don't expect to just plug and spray, you will most likely need time to get it how you like it. Every spray can is different, so having different tubes in the kit helps. The right angle adapter was what I needed, and the tube kit is very cheap. I never complain about lubing my chain, and I think the reason my chain is wearing so well (didn't even need its first adjustment until 1500 miles) is because it allows the lube to go precisely where it's needed.

Got the Grease Ninja today. The spray kit came with an L shaped tube which makes things easier and you just trim the length of the tube that goes between it and the spray can nozzle to the size you want. As it stands the supplied tube in original kit is a bit too stiff and there is not much space on around the NC drive chain so you need something more flexible hence the spray can kit for a few quid extra.

How does it do? Bloody awesome is all I can say. It used less lube yet got the lube into all the links without mess, just a few drops on the floor where I shoved a rag. It works well with the Much Off Dry chain lube I prefer to use. So If you are one of those that use a spray can lube this is a very handy bit of kit especially for the cost of £15 quid shipped from USA for the main unit as well as the spray can kit. 

Edited by tc3
  • Thanks 1
Guest jdearauj

Got the Grease Ninja today. The spray kit came with an L shaped tube which makes things easier and you just trim the length of the tube that goes between it and the spray can nozzle to the size you want. As it stands the supplied tube in original kit is a bit too stiff and there is not much space on around the NC drive chain so you need something more flexible hence the spray can kit for a few quid extra.

How does it do? Bloody awesome is all I can say. It used less lube yet got the lube into all the links without mess, just a few drops on the floor where I shoved a rag. It works well with the Much Off Dry chain lube I prefer to use. So If you are one of those that use a spray can lube this is a very handy bit of kit especially for the cost of £15 quid shipped from USA for the main unit as well as the spray can kit. 

Thanks for the update Tony, seems like a good purchase.

• 5 years later...
Malcolm1975

Reviving an old thread 

looking at these but what size chain do I need to order for a 2019 Nc750x 

arengle
13 hours ago, Malcolm1975 said:

Reviving an old thread 

looking at these but what size chain do I need to order for a 2019 Nc750x 

is a 520 chain.

Hickky

What advantage does lubeing a sealed o ring chain really give. I now just use WD40 and a rag to keep the rust and dirt off, grease just makes more road grit stick to the chain and the rear wheel

• 11 months later...
MatBin

Sorry to bring this one back to life, but I saw a video the other day (linked from Grease Ninja site) where the workshop guy absolutely condemned the use of WD40 as it affects the O rings badly. I have used paraffin, which they recommended, and a cloth to clean my chain drives since I stopped riding BMs a few years ago and then GN to lubricate without getting oil/lubricant flung all over the rear wheel, chain guard etc during the lubing operation, works really well, just orderd a 520 size as my Triumphs needed 530, so if anyone wants a 530 let me know and I'll post it to them.

Edited by MatBin
  • Like 1