Nc 700 x or Nc 750x

Guest Marco46

Guest Marco46

Hi All

Bit unsure of what to do here. Seeing that I do a fair 60 mile round trip into Central London. I have narrow down my bike choice to the Nc x range ( I like the adventure look). Honda dealers are now punting out the 700's with a few goodies thrown in such as taller screen, center stand etc. they all seam to hover around the £5999 mark. Or else you can get the 750 new model at £6299, no goodies.

So, bit unsure.

Marco

Hi Marco

I'd go with the 750, given the choice again.

If you start hanging out in the forums, you'll be adding bits to the bike for some time to come - whichever you choose!

bikerbampi

750 for the sake of a few hundred quid.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Marco, I've test ridden both today, but have not made my mind up (i.e. NC or not).

But if I go for NC, it will be a 750. The 700 just runs out of breath too quickly. It's not just the extra 75cc - the taller gearing also helps, particularly above 75 mph.

However, my ~50 miles daily return commute is on reasonably flowing A-roads. I guess that in London, your average speed is lower than mine!!

Anyhow: go for the 750, and don't rush with too many extras until your needs are clearer from experience. But if you're as soft as me, get heated grips, whatever you do! I wouldn't drive for 6 months a year without.

Guest Marco46

Cheers Guys

Going to take the 750 for a test ride thanks to Keith at HGB. Any thoughts on this PCP 0% scheme?? I do more than the 8000miles allowance....something else to think about...

Rocker66

Cheers Guys

Going to take the 750 for a test ride thanks to Keith at HGB. Any thoughts on this PCP 0% scheme?? I do more than the 8000miles allowance....something else to think about...

That can get expensive if you go much over the limit

I currently own the 750S after owning the 700S, today I rode the 750S for the first time after hitting the magical 300 miles run in period and fell in love all over again. Defiantly the 750 preferably the S.  :D

dandemann8

Cheers Guys

If you make the final payment at the end of the PCP the mileage issue is of no concern... :)

Guest Southerner

Hi All

Bit unsure of what to do here. Seeing that I do a fair 60 mile round trip into Central London. I have narrow down my bike choice to the Nc x range ( I like the adventure look). Honda dealers are now punting out the 700's with a few goodies thrown in such as taller screen, center stand etc. they all seam to hover around the £5999 mark. Or else you can get the 750 new model at £6299, no goodies.

So, bit unsure.

Marco

If you're paying cash Marco then fine, the 700 is cheaper. But go for the 750 for a few quid more.

The 700 is not on 0% so if you do need finance you'll end up paying more than for a 750 on 0%..!

Cheers Guys

That can get expensive if you go much over the limit

Is it irrelevant if you go ahead and purchase it outright at the end?

Ignore  - thanks dandemann

Edited by nc700
Guest Marco46

Thank you all for the heads up...I was surrounded this morning by thre nc700x's.....proof is in the pud, as they say.... With regards to PCP you do get charged 2p per mile by Hondas current deal. So they allow 8000 mile per year. Anything over then you pay the 2p per mile surcharge..

I calculated that I do around 12000 per year so that's a surcharge of £240 on the three years.

Not too bad as it's 0% finance....

Thank you all for the heads up...I was surrounded this morning by thre nc700x's.....proof is in the pud, as they say.... With regards to PCP you do get charged 2p per mile by Hondas current deal. So they allow 8000 mile per year. Anything over then you pay the 2p per mile surcharge..

I calculated that I do around 12000 per year so that's a surcharge of £240 on the three years.

Not too bad as it's 0% finance....

The charge only applies if you decide not to make the final purchase and buy the bike.

Marco

Check out bikeloans4u they are very very competitive and may be a cheaper way to buy a 750?. The money gets paid straight to the dealer so no hassle.

I would definitely buy the 750 but the 700 is still an excellent bike winning BIKE magazines bike of the year a couple of years ago.