Fuel reserve flasher on the NC700X/S

Guest gunshot72

Guest billc700s

The fuel tank breather is not far from the plate in the tank so if you overfill and corner all you will do is leave fuel all over the road and as motorboy say's you need space for expansion even in the UK. I made the mistake of overfilling when using a can to top up and it just came out of the breather tube under the engine/gearbox.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• JaseR

• Fishmanboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an update to this post I got my reserve flasher coming on at 177 miles today. I then rode for another 43 miles on reserve before I ran out completely. So 220 miles out of a 14.1 litre tank with a 1

I have been keeping a check on my fiel consumption my worst was 71.3 MPG & the best 85.89. the average over all my fill ups is 78.74 MPG. The furthest I have travelled before filling up so far is

Found the receipt! Of course it's going to need a few more figures to work properly, but we're off to a good start. Let's see if I can keep it going...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest colinm

As a matter of interest, what sort of container do you use to carry spare fuel in the not the tank?

I was going to buy an ally fuel container as sold in outdoors/backpacking/mountaineering shops.

I'm not sure which types of plastic bottles are safest.

• 1 month later...
Guest Monkeyuk

you should get around 12 miles per litre when the blk and one red flash i get around 3 litres when the last red bar flashes on its own then iv got 2 litres i got about 180 miles on a 730 miles trip and had to put just over 12 litres in so how good is that the hole trip thats 730 miles it worked out i spent £65 on fuel 77mpg according to fuelly 

ScaredyCat

I generally fill up the bike as soon as the last bar starts flashing but it depends how close I am to a petrol station as to how much further I travel. I'm sure this affects the readings I get on fuelly.

I wrote a little app for my phone to do the fuelly update at the petrol station, it uses their sms interface, primarily because I either forget and say I don't want the receipt or I accidentally throw it away..

Spend £74.72 for the last 800 miles, moving up to 9p a mile but my riding is a little more spirited than when I first got the bike.

I tend to refill when my last bar is reached.

Glad to see the petrol prices are now dropping again, :cheer:  cheapest so far around here is £1.29.9 hope it carries on dropping. 

ScaredyCat

Glad to see the petrol prices are now dropping again, :cheer:  cheapest so far around here is £1.29.9 hope it carries on dropping.

WTF it's 1.39 here and not dropping at all :(

Guest EasyTiger

WTF it's 1.39 here and not dropping at all :(

Supermarket price wars - Check out Sainsbury's (6p a mile less) Asda, Tesco and Morrisons.

£1.29 per litre at our local tesco, When the red light starts flashing I will go no further than 20 miles to the next fill up. 

Guest Wheresmeparrot

£1.29.9 at the local Esso here in Sunny Reading.

Easily getting 40 miles on flashing red bar, as long as I am not ragging it - which of course I am not, because if I wanted to rag it, I wouldn't have bought an NC..

Guest Scubalol

Yesterday I filled up, I reset my trip and went for a ride, filled back up toay and put in 9.13lt, which is .5 ltr over 2 gallons, the trip said i had done 170 miles. 85 miles per gallon, I am very impressed.

Last week coming back from Leicester I did run out of fuel, got about 30 miles from flashing red, but that was on 70mph duel track

Loz