ABS or No ABS?

Guest BlackSilverNC700X

Guest BlackSilverNC700X

Hi guys,

How many of you guys go for ABS version? Is ABS necessary for motor bike? What are the pros & cons of ABS?

Cheers.....

I've been running an ABS V-strom for a couple of years and to be honest it's never kicked in. However it's nice to know it's there, it's certainly saved my butt a couple of times when using my car. Only downside might be offroad, but I'm not sure how many people would use the NC offroad. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's "necessary" but it could prove very handy.

Guest serafko

I've had ABS on my SH300, and it save my ass once on a wet surface. So for me that is very 'must have' option.

Edited by serafko
Guest BlackSilverNC700X

I've been running an ABS V-strom for a couple of years and to be honest it's never kicked in. However it's nice to know it's there, it's certainly saved my butt a couple of times when using my car. Only downside might be offroad, but I'm not sure how many people would use the NC offroad. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's "necessary" but it could prove very handy.

Thx for reply

Guest BlackSilverNC700X

I've had ABS on my SH300, and it save my ass once on a wet surface. So for me that is very 'must have' option.

Thx for reply

Rocker66

Soon all new bikes in Europe will have ABS by law

• 2 weeks later...
Rev Ken

Just to repeat myself - ABS is a 'no brainer' - not only can it make the difference between needing new riding gear, a new bike and perhaps getting your money's worth from the NHS, when it comes to moving on, you won't find it so easy to sell your bike if it doesn't have ABS.

Guest Tumbleweed

All the bikes I`ve had over 125cc have had ABS and I wouldn`t buy one without it. You don`t even know it`s there until you need it.

Guest CvEsch

ABS is a must have on a new bike. I've been able to hold the bike while the front wheel blocked once, but i'm pretty sure i wont be able to pull that off again.

Guest ex-member

Insurance full or insurance only third party.

Same type of question really.

The ABS came as standard in Switzerland.

I would rather have it than not have it.

I cannot switch it off though (in sand or dirt).

It works very well, and you only need it ONCE in an emergency to see its value.

Hope you (or I) never have to use it.

:sweat:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Naana

Speaking of ABS, I can't seem to find a definitive statement on this anywhere - does the NC700Scome with ABS, or is it an optional extra, or something?

Cheers :)

Guest Steve

Speaking of ABS, I can't seem to find a definitive statement on this anywhere - does the NC700Scome with ABS, or is it an optional extra, or something?

Cheers :)

I think all the X and S's in the UK come with ABS as standard :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest BantamCock

Not just ABS but combined ABS (CABS). If you apply too much pressure to either brake lever or foot brake CABS will compensate. So in theory you could just use either lever or foot brake and braking pressure is applied to both wheels.

Guest Holliday

same here, my first experience with abs was on a diversion ( test and liscence and so on) it seems that the honda is much smoother ABS, but i still yet have to fully test it.

Never had ABS in 10 years of riding so don't know what i am missing. Did not have enough time to really test it on the NCX test ride. Am sure that it must be effective as a safety feature but for many years people have managed without it. It will not improve your riding in anyway but might get you out of a "oh shit" moment.