NC700xa- Rear Drive Shaft Bolt

Guest irishrider

Guest irishrider

Hi,

Can anyone clarify something for me please. I got new tyres on my bike yesterday and I was reading up on chain adjustment today and I noticed the large 27m bolt which you tighten or loosen when adjusting the chain was on the near side of the bike when I thought it should be on the off side ie exhaust side.

I checked with my Honda dealer and they said it should be the exhaust side (off side) and my tyre man said it didn't matter what side it was on that it was easier to tighten on the near side.

I got  the drive axle changed to over the other way round so the bolt is on the off side or below the exhaust as the Honda dealer said.

Can someone confirm what is correct please and does it matter?

A 27m bolt would indeed be quite "large".  That's about 90 feet.  Crikey!  May I ask?  How tall are you?

Hi,

Can anyone clarify something for me please. I got new tyres on my bike yesterday and I was reading up on chain adjustment today and I noticed the large 27m bolt which you tighten or loosen when adjusting the chain was on the near side of the bike when I thought it should be on the off side ie exhaust side.

I checked with my Honda dealer and they said it should be the exhaust side (off side) and my tyre man said it didn't matter what side it was on that it was easier to tighten on the near side.

I got  the drive axle changed to over the other way round so the bolt is on the off side or below the exhaust as the Honda dealer said.

Can someone confirm what is correct please and does it matter?

As your dealer said, the nut should be on the right hand side of the bike. The fitter put it back wrong and is making excuses. The wrong assembly may or may not cause propblems but I'd get it put right before riding to be on the safe side.

Guest irishrider

Hi,

The axle bolt is on the right way round now. I am going to my Honda dealer next week to get the bike checked over before my trip so hopefully there will be no more problems.

Thanks for all your advice.

Debbie