Sign in to follow this  
Guest gunshot72

Extras I've put on the NC700X so far...

Guest ex-member

Can someone educate me how the gear-position gadget works? How much does it cost (and where to buy from) and how to connect it up?

:logik:

Guest ex-member

Hi, where can I buy the radiator cover?

How much does it cost?

Her can you by some accessories. http://www.rg-racing.../RAD0115BK.aspx

One small problem is the shipping costs and high VAT...I live in Switzerland.

Guest Holliday

The hand protectors look snazzy, I really dont understand why they couldnt use the gear indicator built in to the screen. It is only used for the DCT version :( Any Luggage you have on yet?

Guest gunshot72

Can someone educate me how the gear-position gadget works? How much does it cost (and where to buy from) and how to connect it up?

It plugs straight into the engine diagnostic connector which is next to the battery. This connector also powers it so no need for another 12v+ feed. It's £100 GBP, see http://www.healtech-electronics.com for a list of dealers. It needs to 'learn' your engine rpms and speed in order to work so either a paddock stand or out on the road.

Guest ex-member

It plugs straight into the engine diagnostic connector which is next to the battery. This connector also powers it so no need for another 12v+ feed. It's £100 GBP, see http://www.healtech-electronics.com for a list of dealers. It needs to 'learn' your engine rpms and speed in order to work so either a paddock stand or out on the road.

Thanks Russ.

I am indeed "old school" when it comes to these stuff. Just connect up and it works, wonderful!

Guest Holliday

Well, no one has adressed the way you fastened up your navi, i think that little bar across the handlebars is genius, gotta have a look for that, are the bars of the NCX and NCS identical??

My dad has a Zumo 550 and is looking at a 660 next ( lucky me i can have a 550 with lifetime map upgrades for europe ). So this little crossbar might be a good way to fix it in place.

Guest gunshot72

The crossbar is made by SW Motech/Bags Connection - http://shop.sw-motec...--crossbar,.htm

The crossbar has a 12mm diameter so fits the 660 holder by Touratech found here- http://www.touratech...a3b05dbb59a52c3

The Touratech 660 holder if connected directly to the battery of any bike will always draw a small amount of power even when the 660 is not mounted. This is because of a closed loop circuit inside the 660 mount. It's not a big draw so you can put your battery on charge every couple of weeks to be safe. Alternatively, you can fit this Touratech kit to your bike so that it can be disconnected when you are not using the 660 - http://www.touratech...a3b05dbb59a52c3

You'll need some soldering experience to fit the disconnection kit above and you'll have to dismantle your 660 mount to wiring it in. It's a very easy job with excellent instructions from Touratech. However, if you mess it up a new 660 mount from Garmin is £80!

You'll be fine with all that Holliday as they are both German companies!

Edited by gunshot72

Guest Holliday

Soldering shooudlnt be a problem, i am a qualified electrician in about 8 months time :) that touratech cable is worth looking at... though i do need it for the 550 :)

Guest gunshot72

My Ermax screen turned up today from Ermax France. Purchased through their that auction site shop. Very quick delivery and much better quality than I suspect the Skidmarx one would be. I say that only having had their products in the past. The Ermax screen seems to be quite thick and rigid which is great because I hate wobbly screen in high winds. It's lower section also drops down further so less wind and rain can creep underneath the clocks. It's wider than stock in nearly all areas but I have found that the brake reservoir very slightly touches it at full lock. Not an issue though. Acerbis hand guards do not come into contact with it. Pics below, some showing it's size against the stock screen. Sorry about the crappy iphone!

I'm wearing latex gloves in some of the shots. I'm not dead!

79ac4857.jpg

Nice matt painting on reverse hides clocks...

21a394ac.jpg

7ed95905.jpg

ce6a3008.jpg

Edited by gunshot72
  • Like 1

Guest Holliday

looks good. i wonder how those hand guards would look on the naked NC :logik:

Guest Watty

Where did you get the gear position indicator from?

apologies just seen a 2nd page with link DO'H :pinch:

Edited by Watty

Fishmanboy

My Ermax screen turned up today from Ermax France. Purchased through their that auction site shop. Very quick delivery and much better quality than I suspect the Skidmarx one would be. I say that only having had their products in the past. The Ermax screen seems to be quite thick and rigid which is great because I hate wobbly screen in high winds. It's lower section also drops down further so less wind and rain can creep underneath the clocks. It's wider than stock in nearly all areas but I have found that the brake reservoir very slightly touches it at full lock. Not an issue though. Acerbis hand guards do not come into contact with it. Pics below, some showing it's size against the stock screen. Sorry about the crappy iphone!

Hi Gunshot... how are you finding the ermax screen so far? Any buffering etc??

Also with the Acerbis Dual Road hand guards did you have to order a specific kit for a certain bike or is it a universal kit that fits the NC (apologies if this is above somewhere, I have been awake since early and I'm very tired and drossy lol)

Cheers dude :thumbsup:

Guest Holliday

i would also like some more info on da dual roads..

Guest gunshot72

The Ermax screen is giving a touch more vibration around the helmet than with the stock small screen. I would expect this however. I have used it in heavy rain and in the high setting it forces wind to arrive around the mid point on my visor (I'm 5ft 10") so is pretty much ideal to push rain off my visor. There is a bit more low frequency noise around the helmet but nothing too bad. I have an X-Lite X551 helmet, which is peaked, so this may be causing some of the additional noise. I haven't tried it with any of my normal full face (non peaked) helmets and probably never will as I love the X-Lite too much. The Ermax screen does offer much better frontal protection from rain and also stops rain water dripping onto the clocks from the top of the screen, which the stock one did not. My clocks are pretty much clear now. I tried the Ermax on the lower setting but found this made no difference to noise so I returned it to the high setting.

The Acerbis dual road hand guards are universal fitting. The stock bar end inserts are a right royal pain the ass to remove in order to fit the Dual Roads.

Edited by gunshot72

Guest kripto79

Hi friends!

Thanks to gunshot72 for the explanation about Ermax screen! Anybody that has mount the Skidmark screen instead? What the difference about the Ermax and the Skidmarx one? Of course, difference in addition of different height...Thanks in advance for the answer, and excuse me if my english is so awful but I'm italian :ermm:

Edited by kripto79

Guest gunshot72

Il tuo inglese è migliore del nostro italiano!

Edited by gunshot72

Guest kripto79

Il tuo inglese è migliore del nostro italiano!

Thanks...sometimes google translator help me! :D What about the question above? Thanks

Guest gunshot72

I don't know anything about the Skidmarx screen myself.

Guest kripto79

Thanks gunshot,

I was thinking about your phrase: "...and much better quality than I suspect the Skidmarx one would be. I say that only having had their products in the past".

So...did you had any bad experience with Skidmarx? Thanks

Guest gunshot72

Yes but only huggers in the past. They never line up properly with the rear tyre and have to be heated and re-shaped. This is true of the past three huggers I have had from Skidmarx.

Guest ScottyMac

I'm wearing latex gloves in some of the shots. I'm not dead!

Nice matt painting on reverse hides clocks...

7ed95905.jpg

Make it look like the Alien Queen!! :shocked:

ted

Make it look like the Alien Queen

Haha, I see that! :D

Guest kripto79

Hi Gunshot,

please, could you take other picture of the Ermax screen mounted on your bike? If possible a frontal picture, and side picture so we can understand better the ergonomic difference between Ermax and Skidmarx (frontal and side photo of the Skidmarx are in an other post in this forum).

To understand (this are the photo of the Skidmarx one):

03166292.jpg

9ac80feb.jpg

Please if you can take 2 photos like this, I very appreciate and many other NC700 user too! So we can comparethe 2 screens! :D

Thanks a lot

Guest kripto79

...mmmhhh sorry Gunshot, I need nly a frontal picture, i see that you have already taken a side picture...

There is a little difference between the two screens: the upper side of the Skidmarx screen points towards the bike (see the photo above), instead the upper side of the Ermax screen points up...I hope my english is easy to understand :ermm:

In your opinion what sort of advantage or disadvantage of the two different solutions?