garyten

THE DEFINITIVE 750X DUNLOP TYRE THREAD

NC750X - Tyre Poll  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What make and model of tyres were fitted to your Honda NC750X on purchase?

2. 2. If Dunlop Trailmax are you satisfied with these

3. 3. If you have had to change Trailmax because of wear, at what mileage did they need replacing

• Under 1000 miles
    • 1001- 1500 miles
    • 1501 - 2000 miles
    • 2001 - 2500 miles
    • 2501 - 3000 miles
    • 3001 - 3500 miles
    • Over 3501 miles
    • I haven't changed them yet - but they are wearing quickly
    • I haven't changed them - they are wearing ok
    • I haven't even thought to check them!!!!!!
  4. 4. If dis-satisfied with the wear of the tyres have you complained

• To your dealer
    • To Honda
    • To both
    • I didn't complain -I just bought new tyres
    • I'm very happy with the Trailmax
  5. 5. Do you consider the NC750X a true 'Adventure' bike, and would you ride it off road

• No. I would only ever ride it on the road
    • Not really - but I may try it off road
    • Yes - I have ridden it off road
    • Are you having a laugh

garyten

I think someone asked this before, but what tyres are fitted to the X version.

They look, from the pics, like Metzeler Next, or Maybe Dunlop TR91.

Guest Webbiker

They are Dunlops, but I can't see what particular model. You can zoom in on the large resolution promo shots and it definitely says Dunlop.

prr

I think someone asked this before, but what tyres are fitted to the X version.

They look, from the pics, like Metzeler Next, or Maybe Dunlop TR91.

I was that one. They are Dunlops but not TR91 as the grooves are not crossed at the ages. And I'm still asking :)

mcress

Mine has Dunlop Trailmax fitted...... (Red NC750x DCT)

Cheers

Mike.

• Like 2

Whiteyez

Trailmax Dunlop D609

Southerner

Red 750X Mike?? Can you post a pic or two so I can see what the new red looks like? Thanks

mcress

Anyone can explain to an idiot how to upload pics to a reply?

Cheers,

Mike.

prr

Mike, upload the image(s) to a free hosting server and the post the link using the image button. 

mcress

Just clicked over 2000 miles on my 750x DCT and whilst cleaning at the weekend I checked the tyres - surprisingly both the front and rear are down to under 3mm. Tyres are the standard fitment Dunlop Trailmax's. Pressures are spot on...

I reckon before 4000 miles they will be ilegal - seems a very high rate of wear on these tyres - I have done the same commute for the last 15 years and never had less than 10k rear and 14k front on a whole bunch of different bikes and tyre types.

I'll keep an eye on the wear rate but it doesn't look great!

Cheers,

Mike.

tc3

Blimey that cant be right. Not good for any of you new 750X owners who have these

• Like 1

mcress

Just had an interesting conversation with a nice chap from Dunlop Europe - he confirmed that the Trailmax Tyres fitted to the 750, being a 'semi offroad' tyre, aren't dual compound so for road use only this wear rate is not unusual. He also said that the wear rate probably won't be linear over the next few thousand miles due to the block shape so they should go for around 5k in all.

He is researching what 'road only' dual compound tyres would be suitable in the Dunlop range as the 750 is not yet on their list and will get back to me.

It's not a big issue - after all it's just a set of tyres - but posting this as just an FYI...

Cheers,

Mike.

• Like 2

Mike5100

Anyone waiting for their750 for 1st mar could ask the dealer to swap tyres mine changed mine to pilot road 3s for £25

Mike

• Like 2

bikerbampi

Cheers for the heads up, I may just check that out with my dealer.  :thumbsup:

dandemann8

Anyone waiting for their750 for 1st mar could ask the dealer to swap tyres mine changed mine to pilot road 3s for £25

Mike

Can you name the dealer..?

Mike5100

Newcastle motorcycles

Guest DH1900

Mine are almost through at a similar mileage. The dealer recommended T30s.

Scootabout

Why the heck are they fitting 'semi-offroad' tyres as as standard on the NC750, I wonder?  Seems a bizarre decision for what is basically a road bike, and not very different from the 700 which has Bridgestone BT 023 or Metzler whotsits fitted as standard.  Is it an attempt to look for 'GS-like', or what, I wonder?

mcress

Folks - just as an update on Tyre Wear -  I'm now at 3600 miles and I reckon I have at most 1000 miles left before they are illegal.

Dunlop are recommending 'Roadsmart 2'

Anyone have Avon's Storm 2 Fitted?

Cheers,

Mike.

Southerner

Folks - just as an update on Tyre Wear -  I'm now at 3600 miles and I reckon I have at most 1000 miles left before they are illegal.

Dunlop are recommending 'Roadsmart 2'

Anyone have Avon's Storm 2 Fitted?

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike - Bridgestone BTs (the sport/touring ones) will be going on mine when they need replacing. I'll keep an eye on how the Dunlops wear in the meantime.

PS, did you get my response on the 'other' forum with regards to exhaust sound? Not sure if replying to your PM worked.

prr

So quick  :drool:

edgey999

Given the performance of the 750 its not really that surprising they wear out at a rate similar to my previous Gixxer thou......

mcress

Thanks Kieth - yep got it now..... would be grat to meet up - thanksfor the offer. I'm pretty tied travelling with work a lot over the next couple o weeks (at least I won't be wearing out my tyres much!) but as soon as that's over I'm up for a ride out :)

Cheers,

Mike.

Rev Ken

Given the performance of the 750 its not really that surprising they wear out at a rate similar to my previous Gixxer thou......

Well I never get less than 7,500 miles out of my PR3s on my CF1000.......

prr

Compared with bikes like CBR600 and Hayabusa the performance is not so great, is it? And still they are making much more ...

wozza

It's probably down to the choice of original fitment tyre by Honda and nothing more. The Dunlops probably have a slightly higher wear rate than a normal road tyre.