Fake tank lock dont work

Guest adis.arapcic

Guest adis.arapcic

Hello

I am riding my new NC750X for a week now and today lock wont open storage when I turn it to the right.

It works just fine when turn it to the left and opens rear seat, but key turned to the right wont pop up storage lid.

Anyone having similar problem?!

Please help me solve this because I do not have acces to my stuff in storage compartment.

Regards from Bosnia

Adis

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigk

• scara

• Rocker66

Guest susiebe

Oh noooo . That's always my fear, that and the key breaking in the lock so I can't refuel.

Hope you get it sorted soonest

Adis Hi

When you turn the key to the right does it actually turn or will it not turn at all.

OR

does it turn with no resistance.

If it is the first try pushing down on the storage lid and turn it, if you have something in there it could have got trapped in the seal area and be making the locking mechanism too tight to turn.

Just a thought.

dandemann8

An unchipped steel dupe just for the Nottank can lessen the fear...

This is exactly what I do, £2.99 from the market.... :)

Guest adis.arapcic

Adis Hi

When you turn the key to the right does it actually turn or will it not turn at all.

OR

does it turn with no resistance.

If it is the first try pushing down on the storage lid and turn it, if you have something in there it could have got trapped in the seal area and be making the locking mechanism too tight to turn.

Just a thought.

I tried everything but it just turns with no resistance....

Today I went to dealer near Tuzla and he removed lock completely and ordered new one....some plastic parts are broken inside the lock....

Take it back to the dealer - it's under warranty - let him sort it out properly!

Yes, that is exactly what I did ;)

Guest adis.arapcic

An unchipped steel dupe just for the Nottank can lessen the fear...

Sorry but I cant understand a word from you :(

Can you please explaint it to me a bit...???

Guest adis.arapcic

Oh noooo . That's always my fear, that and the key breaking in the lock so I can't refuel.

Hope you get it sorted soonest

I can refuel but cant open storage compartment...

Now when lock removed completely, everyone can hehehh...

Guest EasyTiger

Sorry but I cant understand a word from you :(

Can you please explaint it to me a bit...???

I doubt I'd understand a word of Bosnian either! Here goes...

The original Honda keys that start the ignition have a coded chip in the part you hold.

There's always the danger that using the same key to exert any force on either lock might bend or snap the chipped key.

A duplicate chipped key is very expensive.

The nottank doesn't need the chip to open: it's purely mechanical.

It is possible to have a duplicate key made cheaply, without the chip in the top part you hold.

You only need the blade of the key to match .

A sturdy steel dupe can be kept for the nottank.

If you put it on a lanyard round your neck, it's always available.

The day you lock your ignition key in the Nottank by mistake, you will be grateful...

How's that - does it make more sense now?

Rocker66

The original Honda keys that start the ignition have a coded chip in the part you hold.

There's always the danger that using the same key to exert any force on either lock might bend or snap the chipped key.

It is possible to have a duplicate key made cheaply, without the chip in the top part you hold.

The day you lock your ignition key in the Nottank by mistake, you will be grateful...

Whilst that is an excellent idea it's not going to solve the problem that Adis has which is as I understand it that the lock on his nottank is stuck and will not open

Guest nc700

Whilst that is an excellent idea it's not going to solve the problem that Adis has which is as I understand it that the lock on his nottank is stuck and will not open

It's not stuck :ermm: it has been removed by his dealer awaiting replacement.

Where can I get a copy for £2.99?!!!

I bought a copy for our car they wanted £8 for it and it wasn't chipped.

Guest adis.arapcic

Yes, I understand now. It is a good idea, thanks!

Guest susiebe

This is exactly what I do, £2.99 from the market.... :)

I got a spare ilke that for my luggage on Deauville a few years back - not thought about doing for NC, thanks for giving me a nudge !

Guest billc700s

On that site is item no 131174614086 the top is red so you would know it is the un-chipped key and at only a quid worth a look. just give me a minute to order mine.

Guest Old Man

I solved the key frunk problem with a self built remote.

I now have a fob on my keys that uses the boot button to trigger the opener. Cost me about £25 quid and uses a car boot/door opener. Means I can open with the keys in the ignition.

Guest sllewji

Nice job Stuart.

That would be a great project - would you be able to post a how-to along with a parts-list and source?

Guest Kildareman

I now have a fob on my keys that uses the boot button to trigger the opener. Cost me about £25 quid and uses a car boot/door opener. Means I can open with the keys in the ignition.

Bit of detail please.  Like the idea.

bikerbampi

Echo sllewji.  :thumbsup:

Guest nc700

Is that rear seat for petrol as well? :drool:

Guest Old Man

Nice job Stuart.

That would be a great project - would you be able to post a how-to along with a parts-list and source?

Will do when I have time on the old man's bike tread. Have lots of bits added now including a puig touring screen hybrid with the Honda touring screen bar for satnav .

Guest adis.arapcic

Lock which opens fake tank and rear seat is very very bad designed. It has plastic parts which are broken (snap) after only few uses. I had to remove this lock with my dealer after only one week of use and only 400km. I am very disapponted - some peaople in HONDA shoul be smarter...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Emraht

Lock which opens fake tank and rear seat is very very bad designed. It has plastic parts which are broken (snap) after only few uses. I had to remove this lock with my dealer after only one week of use and only 400km. I am very disapponted - some peaople in HONDA shoul be smarter...

Also my three week old NC 750x Helmet storage space / Fake tank / Trunk what ever you say,  lock broken down very easy only at 750 km.

Shame on you Honda !!!