Rough noise from the engine area

Guest alexm3388

Slowboy
On 01/03/2020 at 22:35, Trumpet said:

Motorcycle manufacturers do deals with tyre manufacturers on new Motorcycles. The tyres fitted to new Bikes are not necessarily the same as the tyre you can buy now in the shops. They can be designed specifically for that manufacturer to a different price point to the tyre you can buy. ..  In other words, don't condemn a tyre brand or type unitl you've tried a second set.

This is a good an explaination of that as I've seen in a while

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gercatts

• Graham NZ

• larryblag

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pull the clutch while riding, if its still there probably the tyre noise. My S tyre noise is very loud but I just wear earplugs.

Here we go, knocking HD riders again.       Andy.

The engine smoothness of my S is fine by me but then I prefer to have some engine 'feel'.   The HD thing - the knockers should first take a good look at the manufacturing quality - it's the

DaveM59

If any of that video is true, and it may well all be, it just goes to show that you should never believe anything you read in advertising. Even the argument that they can be used as a comparitor seems incorrect, as they don't all even break the rules and lie in the same way.

It's a bit odd that BMW are the nearest to telling the truth even if they are still a way off, when the Japanese culture is one of honour and truthfulness.

This leads to the assertation nearly every rider spouts...you need to test ride!

Edited by DaveM59
Typo
  • Like 1
Trumpet

And the main reason most people fit aftermarket tyres fairly quickly ! Me included.

Edited by Trumpet
  • 2 years later...
Gercatts
On 20/07/2018 at 20:53, Bassman said:

Reading the replies to this topic with great interest. I am on the point of changing my NC 750S just because of this roaring noise from the front I am convinced it is tyre noise. Does anyone know of a tyre that seems to even improve the transmission of road noise. My front tyre is a Michelin street which I believe is a cheaper line tyre it is not worn out, if I could be sure fitting a PR3 or 4 which a lot of you guys recommend  would even make a bit better it would be worth a try before binning the bike. There are many things about the NC that are great but it is a noisy beast mechanical  noise I mean, not what you expect from Honda engineering. I take the point about wearing earplugs which I do but I can still hear this noise must be the frequency that  just gets to me. any help or comments would be great. I am thinking of replacing the NC with a CB500X although not made in Japan it looks a very good bike.

Hi bassman . Did you find a solution to the awful noise while riding more than 20mph .I don't want to start buying front tyres if it does not solve the problem . My bike is the s aswell, it's fitted with Bridgestone battleaxe t30.

Gercatts
On 10/02/2020 at 17:48, St Albs commuter said:

I bought a NC750X back in November. I started noticing the irritating sound from the front after about a month, I have to admit. The sound is coming from the front tunnel. I have tried several fixes but nothing seems to tame it. I have added soundproofing material in the tunnel on the plastic parts that act as a megaphone. I took the bike back to the dealer to check the front rollers/bearings and they found nothing wrong. I then added soundproofing material to try and cover the tunnel altogether. If you attach it to the windscreen there is so much wind coming in from the front wheel tunnel that lifts it up once you hit more than 20mph!

The bike is very nice overall but just this unwanted sound feature makes it unbearable. It will drive me deaf in a few months time. It is not an enjoyable ride by any means. More than 20 miles an hour and it sounds as if my front forks are grinding the tarmac!

I am really let down by honda on this aspect. I am also riding on Bridgestones and a fellow NC rider told me that they are rubbish. I hope it is them but still hard to believe they can actually be THAT rubbish. 

Happy to hear if anyone who replaced the Bridgestone tyres lived happily ever after. Otherwise, I am selling the thing and then going for a X-ADV as the mechanics are the same but it does not have the stupid forks tunnel to destroy the experience. 

Hi st albbs. Did you find a cure for the noise ? I have the same roar from the front .

jeremyr62

You're asking questions in a very old thread just in case you hadn’t noticed. 
It is the tyres and the solution is to wear earplugs. 

Gercatts
19 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

How old  do posts have to be ,what is the cut of point ,when is it to late to ask for advice regarding my nc750s on an nc700 750 forum? Could you fill me in on those details. Thanks .

Gercatts
23 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

Just now, Gercatts said:

How old  do posts have to be ,what is the cut of point ,when is it to late to ask for advice regarding my nc750s on an nc700 750 forum? Could you fill me in on those details. Thanks .

And honestly I can't remember asking you anything ?

• Haha 1
Jamesc

That's the thing about internet forums, anyone can make a comment 😆...there is always direct message for private tete-a-tete

Edited by Jamesc
jeremyr62

Not everyone stays around the forum when they sell their NC. So you might not get replies in an old thread. 

Gercatts
1 hour ago, jeremyr62 said:

Not everyone stays around the forum when they sell their NC. So you might not get replies in an old thread. 

Thanks for your insight and concerns Jeremyr62 . I did think through all angles of thought from all potential posters . And I decided that I would be able to handle no response from all potential posters.

Ozzieflyer

@Gercatts there is a similar topic running in the acc and modifications/tyres section at the moment.  Called Excessive front end noise or similar.  It should be at the top.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Oz.

Gercatts
47 minutes ago, Ozzieflyer said:

@Gercatts there is a similar topic running in the acc and modifications/tyres section at the moment.  Called Excessive front end noise or similar.  It should be at the top.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Oz.

Thank you ozzieflyer

• Thanks 1