Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madmax889

Daytime Running Lights

TheEnglishman

I'm going with Hella MicroDE's with a HID fitment I think.  Sod the aesthetics - I want to be seen.  I just have some saving up to do.

Dave H

I've ordered the Acerbic Vision hand guards so I'll be able to while away the winter months trying to get the universal fitting kit to fit the DCT.  Much fun ahead me thinks.

• Like 1

Robmdavies

I've ordered the Acerbic Vision hand guards so I'll be able to while away the winter months trying to get the universal fitting kit to fit the DCT.  Much fun ahead me thinks.

Don't forget detailed pictures when you get around to it. I fancy some but worry about fitting them around the dct handbrake.

Guest KevinDAS

Acerbis Dual Road with LEDs or Acerbis Vision below

Has anyone fitted these? I understand they fit only to the ends of the bars. What stops them from swinging around or moving.

Kevin.

fred_jb

Same here, and from some other forum posts I've seen, it looks like it could be a bit of a challenge!

Ordered them from rocketcentre.co.uk for £85 as that was the best price I could find, but never heard of this company before.  Anybody here used them?

Fred

dentonlad

Same here, and from some other forum posts I've seen, it looks like it could be a bit of a challenge!

Ordered them from rocketcentre.co.uk for £85 as that was the best price I could find, but never heard of this company before.  Anybody here used them?

Fred

Big bike dealer in Blackburn - multi make dealership, well respected with good reputation.

fred_jb

Big bike dealer in Blackburn - multi make dealership, well respected with good reputation.

Thanks - that's good to hear.

Guest robson

DRLs? Why?

The headlight can't be turned off so it's a bit pointless fitting more lights for daytime use. :)

exactly...why, you have too much electricity to spare?

Edited by robson

Rev Ken

DRLs are an aid to other road users to judge our distance and speed by the rate of divergence. You can 'see' this when faced with a 'one eyed' car approaching at night, it is far harder to judge distance and closing speed.

To get the best effect they should be placed as wide apart as possible.

Guest robson

DRLs are an aid to other road users to judge our distance and speed by the rate of divergence. You can 'see' this when faced with a 'one eyed' car approaching at night, it is far harder to judge distance and closing speed.

To get the best effect they should be placed as wide apart as possible.

I suggest always riding in convoy, then you have lights as wide as possible.

1035x582-devil-1800-1391104693.jpg

Rev Ken

Thank You, James! Great info. I will ask my dealer to order one for me, if possible and/or compatible.

I'm not sure, but are they legal in the UK?

bazza

A bit off topic,would anyone know if fitting a more powerful bulb in the headlight would burn the plastic case?

The Hid conversion bulbs did that to my KTM so not fitting them on the NC!