Tyre pressure

Guest Joe_357
Go to solution Solved by Guest Joe_357,

front: 36 psi (2,5 bar), rear: 42 psi (2,9 bar)

That's the recommended by Honda. However I've found it quite high. Currently I'm with 2.1 front and 2.3 rear for the everyday commute and 2.1/1.8 for Sunday fun. This works best for me and on hard drive the latest are covering the 10% / 20% rule ...

Rev Ken

That's the recommended by Honda. However I've found it quite high. Currently I'm with 2.1 front and 2.3 rear for the everyday commute and 2.1/1.8 for Sunday fun. This works best for me and on hard drive the latest are covering the 10% / 20% rule ...

I think most Honda bikes run at 36/42 lbs/square inch,. If you make a substantial change from recommended pressures and have an accident then you are giving your insurance firm an excuse not to cover you.

(We had a talk from a Bridgestone bike tyre rep and he strongly recommended we kept close to recommended pressures as all their research is based on manufacturers recommendations.)

I don't know how this is related with the insurance but for my Metzeler's the recommended pressure for track is 2.1 and 1.9, while on the road they recommend something like 2.3/2.5. Actually driving a bit sportier with 2.5/2.9 the bike feels far less stable than 2.1/1.8. Also the tires would never get to temperature if you stick to Honda's recommendation. Such high pressure is good for rain and long trips on the highways. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to regularly check your tyres I got lazy and did not bother to check for 4,000 miles hence the rear was very very low.