NC750X 2014. Trip meter random resets

Guest D@ve

At it's worst, my bike was resetting a couple of times a day, whilst on the move. I had the clocks replace 1500 miles ago and have not had a reset since.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike5100

• Rocker66

• roddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pretty certain that the random resets are connected to the enabling and disabling of the HISS security system.   It is very easy to unknowingly disable the HISS.   If you are trying to zero the

I have new clocks and no problems since..! The clocks are re-set to zero but on your service book the mileage is recorded when its replaced so no problem as long has you have a service record

At it's worst, my bike was resetting a couple of times a day, whilst on the move. I had the clocks replace 1500 miles ago and have not had a reset since.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike,

Did they re-calibrate the clocks to the correct mileage, or were you left with mis-reading clocks?

S

New clocks reading zero miles when fitted. Would have been nice for the stealership to at least have made a note in the warranty book that they had been replaced and at what mileage.

I mean, it make no difference what the clocks read to be honest, but serves as another reason to that I switched dealer.

Still no resets though so it's all good :) (Jinxed it now!)

Cheers,

Mike

A good way of clocking the bike then, if one were dishonest. Shame the dealer didn't even make a note. Resetting the clocks to zero would probably put me off having them changed - I do quite a lot of miles and to lose 12k or so would, I suspect, look suspicious to a future purchaser. 

Rocker66

New clocks reading zero miles when fitted. Would have been nice for the stealership to at least have made a note in the warranty book that they had been replaced and at what mileage.

I mean, it make no difference what the clocks read to be honest, but serves as another reason to that I switched dealer.

Still no resets though so it's all good :) (Jinxed it now!)

Cheers,

Mike

Which dealer was that. It helps other members if dealers are named when commenting on them be it negative or positive

Hi all,

I've reset my HISS as described by previously by Mike and so far no resets over last 300 miles however I do use my NC every day. Just had the 600 mile service and although the dealership still acknowledges the fault, didn't want to replace the clock. They said there was little point as I might end up with a new clock but same fault!

Very odd that Honda haven't sorted this yet.. On a positive note, managing at least 70 mpg so happy !!!

Dave

I have new clocks and no problems since..! The clocks are re-set to zero but on your service book the mileage is recorded when its replaced so no problem as long has you have a service record

• Like 1

Hi Roddy

I might go and insist they replace the clocks. It seems that lots of people are getting it done so I can't see how they can argue this too much! I just think I'll feel better in the long run !!

Thank

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robson

wonder if there is finally answer and solution (software update) for this problem because I guess I am losing some miles from my trip meter recently :)

• 3 weeks later...

My NC 750S had its first random trip meter reset after about 1,500 km and I've had 3 more since, now at 2,250 km. Today on the way home from work the dash did a full "reset" kind of thing like when you initially switch your ignition on, all the tacho and everything lit up then it went back to normal and started showing the ECM light so I pulled over and switched off the engine. Started up again and the trip meters were normal, mileage normal, ECM light off. After reading this thread I found that I had indeed inadvertantly switched off my HISS light so I've remedied that now. Hoping that's got it sorted. Couldn't believe the dash did that while riding, it distracted the heck out of me, not what I've come to expect from Honda!. Love the bike to bits though, really happy with it apart from this I suppose relatively minor niggle

After reading this thread I found that I had indeed inadvertantly switched off my HISS light so I've remedied that now. Hoping that's got it sorted. Couldn't believe the dash did that while riding, it distracted the heck out of me, not what I've come to expect from Honda!. Love the bike to bits though, really happy with it apart from this I suppose relatively minor niggle

sorry but this behavior has nothing to do with hiss light on or off...

Yes I fear you're right there. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll place myself in denial mode until/unless it happens again & then it'll be time for that phone call nobody wants to have to make. Honda, heal thyself

Hi Nathan, it sounds to me as though you may have a loose connection somewhere. From your description it sounds as though the instrument cluster momentarily lost power. Presumably there's a multi plug somewhere that gives it it's feed..

Of course, it might never happen again. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Saffa74

HI guys,

just through I would post this up. I've just got a letter from Hoda asking me to contact my local dealer as there is a recall to fix this about problem. I've not notice it myself but that coudl be that this is my wife NC750s so I don't ride it that offen.

I'll let you know how this all goes.

dazznutts

my trip metre had reset 3 times so far only first reset was to zero other 2 reset to 23.6 miles and 92.6 miles

Edited by dazznutts

My NC 750S had its first random trip meter reset after about 1,500 km and I've had 3 more since, now at 2,250 km. Today on the way home from work the dash did a full "reset" kind of thing like when you initially switch your ignition on, all the tacho and everything lit up then it went back to normal and started showing the ECM light so I pulled over and switched off the engine. Started up again and the trip meters were normal, mileage normal, ECM light off. After reading this thread I found that I had indeed inadvertantly switched off my HISS light so I've remedied that now. Hoping that's got it sorted. Couldn't believe the dash did that while riding, it distracted the heck out of me, not what I've come to expect from Honda!. Love the bike to bits though, really happy with it apart from this I suppose relatively minor niggle

The HISS led on or off makes no difference to the dash issue (trip reset). The dash reset is a little different, I suspect the same as Simon. You will need to contact your dealer and tell them that there is a recall on the 750 dashes and to order yours in to swap out. Mine is already at the dealer, waiting for me to ride in to get it changed. The faulty connection problem may well get solved in the process too.

Honda Australia gets the dealers to sort out warranty recalls, but it usually falls back on the customer to tell them about it, unless it's a safety issue, which it clearly isn't.

baben

Got a new dash. Honda have issued a recall.

dazznutts

On my NC750S the mileage reset again today 4th time so far strange thing is it didnt reset to zero it went back 30 miles

I'm still waiting for a recall letter from Honda still 

• 1 month later...

Hi I had my instrument cluster replaced in January as part of the recall, but since then I think the speedo is reading too high, also when turning on the ignition the display shows the letters DS above the gear indicator. MY understanding after looking at the owners handbook is that there are two clusters, one for the manual and the other for the DCT version. Mine is the manual version and the old clocks did not display DS when switching on. DS are two modes available to the DCT version.

HAs anyone else experienced this ?. My dealer says it is the first time he has heard of this, but is willing to investigate if I drop the bike off. If my understanding about two clusters is correct then that might explain the inaccurate speedo as the set up would be different between the manual and DCT bikes.

Mike5100

Just for the record, mine has done 2000 miles since the clocks were replaced and I have had no random resets so far.  Colin - If I were Honda I would have produced just one instrument for all the NC bikes, and have the ECU tell the instrument what bike it was fitted to.  This would then determine what things were displayed (or not).  It maybe just needs some kind of reset?

Mike

The speedo reading high would fit with the DCT having different gearing to the manual, and the DS display certainly comes from the DCT version.

Like Mike, I would have thought it would be a common display, but considering some of the other subtle nuances in parts used on the different variants it doesn't surprise me that it's a different display altogether. Checked the Honda parts site and one is a D51 and the other is a D81. Interestingly I came across this page.............

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/microfiches-recherche_piece-37100-MJL-D81.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nibbler

Had my instrument cluster replaced and the dealer fitted a dct cluster instead of a manual cluster. Looks like I'll be ringing them in the morning.

Guest paulo

Hi

had my 750X 3 weeks bought second hand from a Honda dealer

Its a year old and still in warranty. It should have 3000 miles + on the clock but total

is reading just over 300. Phoned the dealer about it today and they said 

there is a clock recall on my model. 

I would have though they would have done the clock before they sold the bike

if they knew of a problem before then.

Paulo

Guest Southerner

Was there no paperwork, or note, in the Service Book concerning the replacement? Did the dealer tell you it "should have 3000+ miles" showing? If so, they should provide evidence of the change.

It will be on record with Honda. PM me if you need details of who to contact on the "upper rungs of the ladder" within Honda UK.   

Mike5100

Hi

had my 750X 3 weeks bought second hand from a Honda dealer

Its a year old and still in warranty. It should have 3000 miles + on the clock but total

is reading just over 300. Phoned the dealer about it today and they said 

there is a clock recall on my model. 

I would have though they would have done the clock before they sold the bike

if they knew of a problem before then.

Paulo

Something a bit odd paulo.  No one has had the main odometer do a random reset.  Only the trip meter.  It sounds more like the clocks have already been replaced under warranty and that's why the odometer is showing just 300 miles.

Mike