NC750X 2014. Trip meter random resets

Guest D@ve

Guest paulo

Something a bit odd paulo.  No one has had the main odometer do a random reset.  Only the trip meter.  It sounds more like the clocks have already been replaced under warranty and that's why the odometer is showing just 300 miles.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike

Yes a little odd.

Nothing in the service book or any paperwork to suggest clock replacement.

I am waiting for the dealer to call me back to clarify what is going on.

paul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike5100

• Rocker66

• roddy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pretty certain that the random resets are connected to the enabling and disabling of the HISS security system.   It is very easy to unknowingly disable the HISS.   If you are trying to zero the

I have new clocks and no problems since..! The clocks are re-set to zero but on your service book the mileage is recorded when its replaced so no problem as long has you have a service record

Guest paulo

Was there no paperwork, or note, in the Service Book concerning the replacement? Did the dealer tell you it "should have 3000+ miles" showing? If so, they should provide evidence of the change.

It will be on record with Honda. PM me if you need details of who to contact on the "upper rungs of the ladder" within Honda UK.   

Thanks John

I may be calling on you soon if I can not get any answers from the dealer.

Nothing at all was said about the total mileage before or even when I picked the bike up, nothing in the service book either.

paul

Guest Southerner

Thanks John

I may be calling on you soon if I can not get any answers from the dealer.

Nothing at all was said about the total mileage before or even when I picked the bike up, nothing in the service book either.

paul

it's quite simple - if the bike is showing 300 miles and the dealer is saying it should read 3000 miles, then he needs to explain that statement.

If we assume at this time that the meter unit was replaced due to re-call, then Honda will have that recorded and it should also be noted in your Service Handbook.

Guest paulo

A ha! mystery solved.

Just talked to the dealer who confirmed clocks replaced in Jan at 3232 miles.

Sending me confirmation by email.

A bit miffed that its not recorded in warranty book though and that it was not pointed 

out to me when I got the bike.

paul

Guest Southerner

A ha! mystery solved.

Just talked to the dealer who confirmed clocks replaced in Jan at 3232 miles.

Sending me confirmation by email.

A bit miffed that its not recorded in warranty book though and that it was not pointed 

out to me when I got the bike.

paul

Glad that's sorted.

As well as email confirmation, get the dealer to acknowledge the work in the back of the service handbook in the "other stuff done" (or whatever it's called) section....

Assuming your dealer did it, the work should be record there...

Guest stick

Further to my last post re the over reading speedo, I checked this against my GPS, 4mph over at 30 varying to 12 mph over at 80. Took proof to the dealer who then contacted Honda and another replacement has been issued. Goes in on Friday to have it replaced yet again, hopefully it gets cured this time.

Guest paulo

Glad that's sorted.

As well as email confirmation, get the dealer to acknowledge the work in the back of the service handbook in the "other stuff done" (or whatever it's called) section....

Assuming your dealer did it, the work should be record there...

I think I will ask about that.

I do live quite a way away from the dealer I got the bike from.

But would be nice to have a ride over on a decent day.

paul

Guest stick

New cluster fitted on Friday and surprisingly there is no display showing DS on the new cluster, thus backing up my original diagnosis that Honda had supplied the incorrect instrument cluster on the recall. Also the speed feels more relevant and the indicated speed is much closer to what the GPS shows, resut at last.

My Trip A meter reset itself to zero this evening when I started the bike. First time I've seen it with my own eyes and I've lost 27 miles on the meter. This has probably happened before but I probably did'nt notice it until now. Anyway the meter is getting replaced next Monday.