1st service done

Guest matt_bex

Guest matt_bex

Had the 1st service today, £116 which I thought was quite pricey! Think I'll do my own servicing from now on. Is the stealers stamp that valuable?

One thing I was confused at was about a top box. I've read on here from some others that their dealer has been able to order the parts. When I asked today they were more confused about what parts to get than me. In the end they said there were none available as yet. Come on Honda, the bikes been out since Jan surely you can design and release the simple parts for a top box! Looks like it'll be a wait till mid April when Givi release the parts

Rocker66

My dealer got the parts OK. They just have to order the box as one part and the fitting kit as another. I have had mine on the bike for a week now

If you want good servicing at a decent price take a ride down the A2 to Kent M/Cs. They have great mechanics (or whatever they are called these days) with reasonable labour charges. My 1st service cost £43

Edited by Rocker66
Fishmanboy

My dealer got the parts OK. They just have to order the box as one part and the fitting kit as another. I have had mine on the bike for a week now

If you want good servicing at a decent price take a ride down the A2 to Kent M/Cs. They have great mechanics (or whatever they are called these days) with reasonable labour charges. My 1st service cost £43

I take it the £43 is without labour costs though and only available at that price of u bought the bike from them

Guest Tumbleweed

Had the 1st service today, £116 which I thought was quite pricey! Think I'll do my own servicing from now on. Is the stealers stamp that valuable?

One thing I was confused at was about a top box. I've read on here from some others that their dealer has been able to order the parts. When I asked today they were more confused about what parts to get than me. In the end they said there were none available as yet. Come on Honda, the bikes been out since Jan surely you can design and release the simple parts for a top box! Looks like it'll be a wait till mid April when Givi release the parts

Honda UK are not making it easy for the dealers regarding part numbers. On top of that Honda have closed their European distribution centre in Belgium (more cost cutting). I have ordered a top box and fittings and they are at my dealers waiting to be fitted when my bike turns up.

The part no`s required are-

08L55-EWL-801E 45 litre Alu look Top box

08L74-MGS-D30 Rack arms

08L72-MGS-D30 Rack

Hope this helps.

Guest Tumbleweed

Have a look at page 11(I think) of the brochure in this link

http://www.honda.de/...behoer_2012.pdf

It`s in German but the pictures and part numbers should be self explanatory. Pity Honda UK can`t be as on the ball as the Germans. Then again, they probably wouldn`t put up with such crap treatment when spending so much money!!

Guest ex-member

My dealer gifted me the 35L topcase. However he was unsure how it fits (I suspect he needs to order additional mounting and brackets).

Does anyone here know which one is needed (1 or 2) for the 35L box?

Guest Tumbleweed

My dealer gifted me the 35L topcase. However he was unsure how it fits (I suspect he needs to order additional mounting and brackets).

Does anyone here know which one is needed (1 or 2) for the 35L box?

You will need these 2 parts to fit the top box

08L74-MGS-D30 Rack arms

08L72-MGS-D30 Rack

Check page 11 in this link

http://www.honda.de/...behoer_2012.pdf

Guest Patrick

Slightly off topic... My car needed first service, a year old, I have only had it couple of months, asked Ford dealer how much so as to keep the warranty going, £167 ! I already knew but thought I would embarrass him and asked what do I get for that? An oil change. :hmm: and a lickle looksee round

It's seems trendy at the mo for manufactures to brag as to how long their service intervals are. pretty easy to suddenly say " oh bye the way you don't have to service ours cars for 30,000miles :twitch:

My Ford doesn't need it's air of fuel filter changing for 3 years earlist, 3 YEARS? no way... After 9k I changed the air filter, which was full of bumble bees and you really wouldn't have wanted to put it back in. Did the fuel and oil as well

• 3 weeks later...
Fishmanboy

Dealer reckons the first service will be £99 when I get mine done.... daylight rubbery if you ask me and it will be the last time they see me for anything other than warranty stuff (so hopefully never)

Fishmanboy

thats what I thought... but I will stomach it as it will make any potential warranty claims a bit easier, but I will not be doing any business with them ever again. Even when you google this dealer (I won't name and shame) the main thing that gets said in the comments is how expensive they are.

It will just mean they lose more business in the long run as I take my trade elsewhere

Guest Ali

Got my 1st service yesterday. I had an service appointment for the today morning, but my dealer MOTOTAL was so kind to finish my 1st service as I stop my bike at their workshop in the evening just an hour ago before their closing time. Oil, oil filter replacement and a genaral check costs me £50 without labor which I was told that it was free for the first service.

Guest Patrick

Just carried out first service myself, almost a none event.

The oil was so spotless i considered passing it through the wifes collander with her stockings stretched over it but fishnets wouldn't stop much I guess :D

fuel down to 67mpg, I say James you do rather nail it :D almost got the pegs down today

• 3 weeks later...
Fishmanboy

My £99 first service magically turned into a £113 service.... Joke how 'some' dealers take the P***

There other aspects of the customer service at my local dealer (who shall remain nameless.... **coughs... johns of Romford**) that really narked me off too and I would have kicked up a stink if i wasn't in a rush and had just had some good news about a tax rebate.

But surfice to say unless I have any warrenty issues with my bike they will not be seeing me again... EVER!!

Anyway... enough moaning... back to a happy place :D

Guest susiebe

Honda UK are not making it easy for the dealers regarding part numbers. On top of that Honda have closed their European distribution centre in Belgium (more cost cutting). I have ordered a top box and fittings and they are at my dealers waiting to be fitted when my bike turns up.

The part no`s required are-

08L55-EWL-801E 45 litre Alu look Top box

08L74-MGS-D30 Rack arms

08L72-MGS-D30 Rack

Hope this helps.

As the fount of all NC700 knowledge on here, would you happen to know if you can get racks just for panniers, without the top box fitting. I neither want nor need a top box. I'm finding photos confusing ................... maybe thats in part cos I can;t find my specs haha

Guest Tumbleweed

As the fount of all NC700 knowledge on here, would you happen to know if you can get racks just for panniers, without the top box fitting. I neither want nor need a top box. I'm finding photos confusing ................... maybe thats in part cos I can;t find my specs haha

I`m not sure about that one....but if you don`t find out first, I`ll add it to my list of questions when I next go and annoy my dealer. :hyper:

Guest bigmat

allens autos honda portadown £100

honda belfast £90

honda ballymena £90

Oil and filter change, chain adjustment clean and lube, all other fluid levels checked, brake calipers taken off cleaned and put back on and a few other things i can't remember. Only just gave them near 6 grand and there looking another £100 off me a month later.

garyten

allens autos honda portadown £100

honda belfast £90

honda ballymena £90

Oil and filter change, chain adjustment clean and lube, all other fluid levels checked, brake calipers taken off cleaned and put back on and a few other things i can't remember. Only just gave them near 6 grand and there looking another £100 off me a month later.

Thanks bigmat, im going to Honda Belfast on friday for the 1st service, and i was wondering how much it was going to cost.

£90 seems steep for a oil and filter change, as thats really all they do, as man on the phone said "We will have you in and out within the hour" ooh not bad i thought, then i seen the prices. LOL :cry:

i suppose its better than some others on here, and then i remembered getting my last 2 BMW 1200 Gs's first services at over £130 each.

Guest scrumpymike

Cost of my first service at Dobles Monday last week: Sump washer £0.45; oil filter kit £9.04; Castrol Power fully synth oil £28.32; sundries £2.50; waste disposal (!?) £1.50; labour £55.00; VAT £19.36. Total £116.17. They waived the loan bike charge and labour included re-setting rear shock (a bit more fiddly than usual, as I've fitted a shock sock). FYI Dobles are supplying dealer but don't offer reduced cost first service as they offer exceptionally good deals on the new bike and p/x.

Re top box, mine was fitted at same time as service (together with panniers, centre stand and touring screen).

Guest Tours

I have a local small bike shop with a workshop at the back who I'm going to use to service my DCT. The guy who runs it has 25 years experience which I like the idea of so I intend to use him for everything to do with the bike. I phoned the supplying dealer (who is too far away to use) to ask if there were any unknown issues with using an independent to look after my bike, and they said there should not be any. 1st service will be £40+parts.